GrimmReaper is offline Senior Member

Arrow Going to the Dr. in a few hours....

So my blood pressure is still out of control. this am it was 90/155, so i am throwing in the towel and going to get some bp meds. any suggestions on what kind of bp meds to go on? anything i should know before meeting up with my dr? obviously im not going to mention that i am on a prop/tren cycle. thanks.

bump

you sure it wasn't 155/90? because if it is the other I would definetly stop cycling NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you better check what these meds might do when combine with tren especially. I am guessing that your bp is 155/90 not the other so you are moderate hypertensive, not horrible but definetly would get it under control.

Getinbgr is offline Associate Member
    It's not so obvious why you wouldn't tell your doctor. You can and should tell your doctor. Patient confidentiality rules, including HIPPA in the US, prevent the doctor from disclosing the information. He can't properly disgnose you without knowing what you're taking.

Thanks all, well part of the problem is that it runs in my family. my BP is 140ish/85 when im not on cycle. I will have to get some anyhow cycling or not cycling.

ha, yeah i meant 155/90

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    I use Metoprolol works GREAT its a beta-blocker .... i take it all the time because of my BP. Also i dont have health insurance ... and 60 50mg tabs is only 7bux

DeBaie is offline Junior Member
    Definitly tell your doctor what you're taking.

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimmReaper
    So my blood pressure is still out of control. this am it was 90/155, so i am throwing in the towel and going to get some bp meds. any suggestions on what kind of bp meds to go on? anything i should know before meeting up with my dr? obviously im not going to mention that i am on a prop/tren cycle. thanks.

ok so your bp is 155/90. which is not actually not that bad considering you are currently on a cycle.if your bp is not much lower than this normally, then there is a good possibility you should go on bp meds.the aha says any thing over 130 is considered "high", so essentially it is high.my suggestion is to wait around for a while and just monitor it.on cycle my bp goes in the 160's to 170's, but off cycle im now at 118/60. family history is a major risk factor but the doctor wont be able to properly diagnose you if you are on aas which will increase it, and also if you lie to him saying that you are not.tell the truth and just listen to your doc.

BP meds are NOT a big deal....he will take your blood pressure and then you say hey doc can i get something for my bp and hell give you a script1...... you dont have to tell him anything except your bp is high ?!? Everyone is blowing this way outta proportion

Quote Originally Posted by lightwaytbaby
    ok so your bp is 155/90. which is not actually not that bad considering you are currently on a cycle.if your bp is not much lower than this normally, then there is a good possibility you should go on bp meds.the aha says any thing over 130 is considered "high", so essentially it is high.my suggestion is to wait around for a while and just monitor it.on cycle my bp goes in the 160's to 170's, but off cycle im now at 118/60. family history is a major risk factor but the doctor wont be able to properly diagnose you if you are on aas which will increase it, and also if you lie to him saying that you are not.tell the truth and just listen to your doc.
    ]

right 118 off and 170on .....52point jump .... un calluing bs on that one bud

thunderin is offline Member
    My two cents: It is advisable for anyone who is cycling AAS to monitor their BP at least 3 x per week. Please don't let it get out of control.

FLBMWMech is offline Associate Member
    I know this will sound moronic..
    but if my Dr. uses the standard size blood pressure cuff I read at like 160/90... but if he uses the cuff intended for much larger arms- I read out at 135/something...

I'm sure he knows what he's doing-- but I kept getting sky high readings at my dr. until one of them noticed that I should be getting the larger cuff.. then the readings were instantly OK....

something to think about

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't tell him your on roids...He won't rat you out but he will treat you differently (not medically)..He doesn't need to know...I went and got put on Diovan HCT with not disclosure..no problems whatsoever..I just take them while on cycle. refill each month also to stock up

Just got back from the doc. I didn't mention anything to him-he didn't ask. Gave me some Norvasc. One reason why I didn't want to mention anything is the fact that I work with a lot of doc's in my clinical profession in the area I live. Thanks for all the feedback guys-cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by james21
    ]

right 118 off and 170on .....52point jump .... un calluing bs on that one bud

yeah, right with ya on that one, a 60 diastole is VERY rarely seen on even the greatest trained athletes.

not tryin to flame you but when giving someone advice especially something that could determine their health you shoudn't bend the story to make it seem o.k
    Last edited by the hulkster; 06-26-2007 at 08:08 AM.

timtim is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Getinbgr
    It's not so obvious why you wouldn't tell your doctor. You can and should tell your doctor. Patient confidentiality rules, including HIPPA in the US, prevent the doctor from disclosing the information. He can't properly disgnose you without knowing what you're taking.
    youre doc wont tell anyone but youre insurance company will see his notes and you will never be able to get coverage with any other company again. huge risk telling youre doc. can ruin any chance of health insurance coverage for the rest of youre life.

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    Quote Originally Posted by the hulkster
    yeah, right with ya on that one, a 60 diastole is VERY rarely seen on even the greatest trained athletes.

not tryin to flame you but when giving someone advice especially something that could determine their health you shoudn't bend the story to make it seem o.k

LOL, ok buddy and what do you do for a living?....thanks

Selene is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the hulkster

my normal blood pressure reading is normally 110/60
    when stressed or on cycle it will elevate to 118 or 120/70

I hope everything work out for original poster with doctor, good to see you went to medical assistance.

good luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by lightwaytbaby
    LOL, ok buddy and what do you do for a living?....thanks

I am an exercise physiologist, and also NSCA certified, CSCS,

you asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene
    my normal blood pressure reading is normally 110/60
    when stressed or on cycle it will elevate to 118 or 120/70

I hope everything work out for original poster with doctor, good to see you went to medical assistance.

good luck to you

picture perfect what can I say, what are your stats/info?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Best to let your doctor know about what you are taking and your family history. I, however, doubt he will know much about the tren since its not used in medicine.

atomicpunk is offline Junior Member
    I think its foolish to disclose what you're on to your dr. Regardless of any confidentiality laws (ie Hippa), you could end up releasing information in a future release. Any future problems you have, an insurance company will fight arguing that your drug use is the source or a contributing factor to that issue.
    This could preclude you from benefits that would otherwise be covered such as gyno surgery or any other medical procedures. Say you're injured in a car accident and the other driver is at fault. The other driver's insurance company is going to try to connect all your injuries to your drug use.

Thread Information