joe042248 is offline Junior Member

do I need to have nolvadex if im taking arimidex?

I was under the influence that if I was taking arimidex all throughout my cycle then there was no need for nolvadex or provioron. But Ive seen a few posts saying they are taking arimidex .25mg every day and have nolvadex on hand. Is this necessary??

Lynn is offline Female Member
    you should have the nolvadex on hand just in case.. i assume you have clomid for post cycle!!

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    have nolva post cycle, when those receptors open up there will be lots of estrogen free to reek havok, those nolva and some clomid will fill the receptors, get your hpta back to normal, and keep you from undesired sides. as far as arimidex , you dont need both, arimidex blocks aromitization completely...unless you are worried about the legitemcay of your arimidex (i.e. **'s stuff), then you should be fine, good luck

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    I would always have nolvedex on side just in case but thats just me and in fact my nolvedex's came in handy cause I think I was getting gyno after my cycle and I was also taking .25 armidex ed but I couldve been real paranoid too but I still took the nolv's cause I swear my tits were getting big but had no gyno symptoms., GL bro

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Personally I like to use Armidex with Nolv. It is a fact that some AS, will be more effective if they are converted to estrogen. I found out quickly that to much armidex, made my joints and hands hurt, due to the lack of estrogen production. Estrogen your body needs, for joint lubrication, however, to much is the key here. That is why using Nolv in conjunction with armidex iMO is the smartest and most effective outlook. I use Armidex, once or twice a week and Nolv the rest of the time when Gyno symptoms come on. Armidex is awesome when it comes to keeping bloat down, but again to much can be quite painful, and not as effective with some AS. I normally mix my Anti Esters up, for example, one day take .5 ml of Armidex, 2 days later, if I feel gyno coming on, take a few Nolv's, and so on. JMO and what I found was most effective for me.

joe042248 is offline Junior Member
    so if i am doing 400Eq for ten weeks , and 500test for ten weeks, i was going to just do .25mg arimidex every day?? why would i need nolvadex on hand if arimidex doesnt let the juice aromatize into estrogen??? hence i would not have any estrogen in my body....???? am i thinking this out right?????

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Most people advise having nolvadex on hand because it has been shown to help reduce the signs of gyno wants they appear. If for some reason you were to get a lump or swelling on the arimidex then you would want to use the nolvadex as well while increasing the arimidex dosage. This is a safety precaution. You may never need it but it is a better safe than sorry thing.

jelly is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian30 View Post
    Personally I like to use Armidex with Nolv. It is a fact that some AS, will be more effective if they are converted to estrogen. I found out quickly that to much armidex, made my joints and hands hurt, due to the lack of estrogen production. Estrogen your body needs, for joint lubrication, however, to much is the key here. That is why using Nolv in conjunction with armidex iMO is the smartest and most effective outlook. I use Armidex, once or twice a week and Nolv the rest of the time when Gyno symptoms come on. Armidex is awesome when it comes to keeping bloat down, but again to much can be quite painful, and not as effective with some AS. I normally mix my Anti Esters up, for example, one day take .5 ml of Armidex, 2 days later, if I feel gyno coming on, take a few Nolv's, and so on. JMO and what I found was most effective for me.
    Just something I found.. May or may not be relevant..

"ARIMIDEX should not be taken with tamoxifen or estrogen-containing therapies"

http://www.arimidex-us.com/index.aspx

"At a median follow-up of 33 months, the combination of ARIMIDEX and tamoxifen did not demonstrate any efficacy benefit when compared with tamoxifen in all patients as well as in the hormone receptor-positive subpopulation. This treatment arm was discontinued from the trial. Based on clinical and pharmacokinetic results from the ATAC trial, tamoxifen should not be administrated with anastrozole."

It further states that,

"Co-administration of anastrozole and tamoxifen resulted in a reduction of anastrozole plasma levels by 27% compared with those achieved with anastozole alone. Estrogen containing therapies should not be used with ARIMIDEX as they may diminish pharmacologic action."

http://www1.astrazeneca-us.com/pi/arimidex.pdf

In my opinion Aromasin should be used instead of Arimidex (L-dex), the major problems being it's super expensive price and unavailability to the non-prescribed users..

As for the joint pain? I would take a glucosamine based suppliment to support your joints. Not good lifting weights with weak joints right? Could cause some damage maybe?

Thread Information