Giver Hell is offline New Member

Forearm and wrist pains..need advise

I have been getting sharp pains from my right wrist all the way down to the middle of my forearm. It mainly hurts when I let go of the ez bar when I do preacher curls. I tried wrist wraps thinking it would help the pain but no luck. Any ideas on what it might be and how to ease the pain. Thanks.

nitro4 the body is offline Junior Member
    i had a pain in my right wrist also , hurt when I did curls and bench hurt like hell. Backed off the weight some and used wraps. Also take a anti-inflammatory ,also I got dmso put that on and took a few asprin in about 2 wks had no pain . That worked for me.

latman49 is offline Member
    I have the same problem when I've been jacking off too much. Just kidding. Some people have difficulty using the EZ curl bar. I shattered some bones in my wrist when I was 15 and ever since I have had to use a straight bar to do barbell curls. Try doing them with the straight bar for a few workouts and see if that eases the pain some.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Your muscles are growing. Mine were the same way. When you put down the curl bar, it hurts like hell but both my forearms were that way. It took me atleast a month to go away and has been fine ever since. Do you go heavy on the curls.

I try to curl as much as I can with good form but the pain is only in my right forearm...left side is ok. I might try using the straight bar and see how that feels.

maxmus is offline Junior Member
    I have the same prob and I used wris supports and it has helped alot.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Are you by any chance doing Dbol or winny? I had the same problem when I started my last Dbol cycle. But it actually was a combination between the dbol and Armidex. I was taking to much armidex, and the pain went away alittle, and was tolerable. But I have noticed since I have been off the dbol, my arms and wrists do not hurt as much anymore.

McBain is offline Member
    Could just be muscle tightness in the wrists and forearms. Do you work a manual labor job? If you use your hands a lot it could just be overload. Try to start seeing a physical therapist or massage therapist weekly and it will make a world of difference.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I experienced the same thing Sicilian did while I was on last cycle.
    I think the Winny had alot to do w/ it becuz now my wrist's and forarms feel fine.
    What are u taking?

M

I am not taking Winny or Dbol .... just Sust./EQ.

still growin is offline Member
    I have the same prob. It could be a number of things. Are your arms perpendicular to the bar (90 degree angle)? If your elbows are farther out to the sides than your hands, it can cause this. It could be the position the ez-bar puts your wrists in. It could be... anything. But look at the angle first. try wraps. Use a straight bar, or do what i now do. one arm db preacher curls, or natilus preacher curls! Give it a shot

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    wrist wrapps help alot. I had those pains to and now i never lift with out my wrapps
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

PrewPump is offline Junior Member
    i asked this question a while ago and got some good advice. what was suggested to me and worked pretty well. it was to stop doing the exercise that hurt you (no shit),substitute something else, for me it was to do more dumbell exercises rather than straight bar or ez bar. also watch your release technique, i had no idea how much this would help the pain, but its great. Typically youd want to just drop the weight because of the pain, but you need to set the weight down slowly and release your grip slowly. its not always easy having popeye forearms. hope this helps, if it doesnt i can suggest one other thing, suicide, jk. good luck.

E Ripped is offline New Member
    I had the same pain and was told it's tendonitis. I took it easy for a week and it felt better the following. When your lifting an unbelievable amount of weight, it puts some stress on the tendons that run up your forearms. Good work... Keep it up

nitro4 the body is offline Junior Member
    Tendonitis is what I was told also thats why in my previous post I said to try a anti-inflammatory and dont do what hurts your body is telling you something listen to it . Its not just hurting for the fun of it. If you dont you may pay for it . Then you wont be ing at all at least in the upper body if you hurt it bad. Thats my 2 cents
    Last edited by nitro4 the body; 08-22-2002 at 08:33 PM.

Bronski is offline New Member
    This sound like tendonitis, like nitro said. Its tough to work around. I have always gottent the same exact pain--only form preacher curls. I puts my forearms in pain for a couple of weeks.

What i do instead is the take the preacher bench, place it near a cable machine, attach the easy curl bar, make sure the cable is at its lowest notch and do the preachers over the bench with the cable. This takes all the tension of the tendons in the forearm. I've gotten good results with this method. I do them every other bicep workout.

Just remember if you still getting pain, you may need to take a week or 2 off from anything that irratates those tendons. But once I started these style preacher, i never had another pain in the forearm again.

Hope that helps.

Thread Information