the juggler is offline Associate Member

VERY long cycles; But what if people say....

Hi guys.

I'm currently on a medium cycle for 10 weeks and i'm doing fine.

But as most other bros in here i search a lot and so on, and lately i've been studying very long cycles.

But there is something i do not understand. People always seem to claim that their gains "stop"/get close to zero at week 7-8 in a 10 week cycle.

But some people do 20 weeks and gets bigger for every week of that 20 week cycle, with no hgh,igf or slin, which is something i don't understand..

WHY do people say that they don't gain much/anything at week 7-8, when people on 20weekers get so massive?

Hopefully you can answer my questions. If you do not understand my questions, feel free to make me elaborate.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Apparently they don't eat right. Most people i know does start to see gains till weeks 4-6 why would they stop seeing them at week 8. People you know dont know what they are doing.

the juggler is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Apparently they don't eat right. Most people i know does start to see gains till weeks 4-6 why would they stop seeing them at week 8. People you know dont know what they are doing.
    People, which i don't know in real life, post on these boards, that's why i'm asking bro

I just wanted to hear, if it was a general oppinion or only a few retards that werent able to do their cycling right.

GHO5T is offline Senior Member
    Its not that bros dont see or gains stop at week 7-8 its just the the gains are slowing down.

The first couple weeks, when cals, carbs, protiens are very high coupled with AAS use, gains come in like crazy.

But of course the body gets used to this overtime, and my weeks 7,8,9,10, etc... the gains start to slow down, and arent as explosive.

When one notices this happen, a change in diet and training needs to be incorporated in order to see the same kind of gains.

~GHO5T~

cookiemonstR is offline Associate Member
    I, and most of my friends, find that the really noticeable gains, are during the latter weeks of a 10 week cycle, and they do tend to slow down after that. Thats not to say theres anything wrong with doing a 10+ cycle (I'm doing a 16 week this summer with EQ) but personally i like the results from a fairly short 10 weeks cycle and also the fact that you can do one, make good gains, not use alot of gear, and go off and do it all over again fairly quickly within a couple months.

canyonbyker is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the juggler
    Hi guys.

I'm currently on a medium cycle for 10 weeks and i'm doing fine.

But as most other bros in here i search a lot and so on, and lately i've been studying very long cycles.

But there is something i do not understand. People always seem to claim that their gains "stop"/get close to zero at week 7-8 in a 10 week cycle.

But some people do 20 weeks and gets bigger for every week of that 20 week cycle, with no hgh,igf or slin, which is something i don't understand..

WHY do people say that they don't gain much/anything at week 7-8, when people on 20weekers get so massive?

Hopefully you can answer my questions. If you do not understand my questions, feel free to make me elaborate.
    genetics

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    In my experience, all you do when you run a long cycle is further suppress your natural hormone levels to the point where your PCT is going to take a very long time. Then since your PCT ends up being so long you end up losing much of the gains you picked up during your last cycle. Ive always done much better on short cycles. For me gains slow down considerably by week 5 or so, and it doesnt matter how I train or eat. I always front load and use short esters in the beginning of the cycle, so that I am making my biggest gains during the first 2 weeks. By the time week 5 rolls around, its time to get off and let the body rest.

jackman22 is offline Associate Member
    Well think about it this way Someone does500mg test for 20 weeks.... at week 5 there body is 10-15 ilb more of muscle. They were 200 when started and now there 215. A body at 200 ilb is going to respond alot better to a dose of test rather then a 215 ilb person. I have buddies who do long cycles and continue to see gains throughout. What they do is lets say for numbers start weeks 1-5 at 500mg of a compound then weeks 6-10 they pump it 200mg and so fourth. Not saying this is recomended or safe in any way but it works.

frignugs is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T
    Its not that bros dont see or gains stop at week 7-8 its just the the gains are slowing down.

The first couple weeks, when cals, carbs, protiens are very high coupled with AAS use, gains come in like crazy.

But of course the body gets used to this overtime, and my weeks 7,8,9,10, etc... the gains start to slow down, and arent as explosive.

When one notices this happen, a change in diet and training needs to be incorporated in order to see the same kind of gains.

~GHO5T~
    Great post!

And also to add, peeps who run 20 week cycles run many different compunds. For instance, they will have test for a base of 20 weeks, usually kick start it to get things rolling and will see many gains in the first stages from this. Then in the latter stages, they will add compunds like winny, tren , masteron etc or be on a substance that is well known for greater gains in the later stages (such as EQ). These new compounds will keep gains coming, and will help tranform your body to the desired outcome. Many people who are "on" all year around will keep changing things up to keep the desired look coming while using test as a base.

FRIGdaddy

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    Long cycles are had on the PCT for me.
    Leard the hard way .
    8- 10 weeks for me now.

bigmanstan is offline New Member
    I registered just to answer this question for you, some of the people here got close but nobody really had a full answer. I guess it might be because of a lack of doing long cycles.

I have done many cycles both long and very short ones. I have once cycled for just about an entire year. Now let me explain from my experience what happens.

1. You pack on that water weight at the start of the cycle. This makes you feel like you are getting huge very fast but really what is happening is you are packing on some nice water weight which you will promptly lose when you come off the cycle. Once your water weight is packed on then you don't pack on anymore, this in and of itself makes your gains look like they are slowing down considerably and that would happen between week 5-7.

2. Your body is 15-30lbs heavier which means you need more steroids for the same result.

3. This one is thrown around all over the place but I honestly don't know how much truth is in it, but alot of people say your body gets used to it. Honestly I think it is a load of crap but I can always be wrong.

4. You stoped using your oral and are now only on test with a lower amount of test in your body and more body that needs test.

So there ya have it,

When I do a long cycle, I will cycle my orals, 6 weeks on, 3 weeks off, and will take dbol /abombs. I will INCREASE my dosage as the cycle goes, for example I will start off taking 400 deca and 750 eth a week and at the end be closer to 600 deca 1.5 eth a week. I keep my orals the same durring the cycle.

I hope this answered your question and I hope it will help you if you try a longer cycle. However I don't really recomend them and don't do them very often (as in, it has been 2 years sence the last time I have done something like that). But hey, always fun to do something different right?

buffgator is offline king of mass
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    In my experience, all you do when you run a long cycle is further suppress your natural hormone levels to the point where your PCT is going to take a very long time. Then since your PCT ends up being so long you end up losing much of the gains you picked up during your last cycle. Ive always done much better on short cycles. For me gains slow down considerably by week 5 or so, and it doesnt matter how I train or eat. I always front load and use short esters in the beginning of the cycle, so that I am making my biggest gains during the first 2 weeks. By the time week 5 rolls around, its time to get off and let the body rest.
    Yeah thats exactly how I fill. Once my gear kicks in full force I only have about 3 weeks to make considerable gains. People tell me that I must not be eating or training right if I dont see any beyond that. I say shit I am 6'2" & 275lbs I dead lift over 600 lbs and bench over 400, I have done two body building shows, and one strong man contest under the supervision of a professional strong man competitor. All of this was achieved with only running 4-6 week cycles, and your telling me I must not know how to train and diet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmanstan
    I registered just to answer this question for you, some of the people here got close but nobody really had a full answer. I guess it might be because of a lack of doing long cycles.

I have done many cycles both long and very short ones. I have once cycled for just about an entire year. Now let me explain from my experience what happens.

1. You pack on that water weight at the start of the cycle. This makes you feel like you are getting huge very fast but really what is happening is you are packing on some nice water weight which you will promptly lose when you come off the cycle. Once your water weight is packed on then you don't pack on anymore, this in and of itself makes your gains look like they are slowing down considerably and that would happen between week 5-7.

2. Your body is 15-30lbs heavier which means you need more steroids for the same result.

3. This one is thrown around all over the place but I honestly don't know how much truth is in it, but alot of people say your body gets used to it. Honestly I think it is a load of crap but I can always be wrong.

4. You stoped using your oral and are now only on test with a lower amount of test in your body and more body that needs test.

So there ya have it,

When I do a long cycle, I will cycle my orals, 6 weeks on, 3 weeks off, and will take dbol /abombs. I will INCREASE my dosage as the cycle goes, for example I will start off taking 400 deca and 750 eth a week and at the end be closer to 600 deca 1.5 eth a week. I keep my orals the same durring the cycle.

I hope this answered your question and I hope it will help you if you try a longer cycle. However I don't really recomend them and don't do them very often (as in, it has been 2 years sence the last time I have done something like that). But hey, always fun to do something different right?
    Hey man I would love to talk to you about this. get some posts so we can chat in the personal message area.

Mista Massive is offline Senior Member
    My body grows in spurts. i don't care what anyone says about increasing cals etc. i've done all that b4. my body grows for 4-6 weeks either on or off cycle. it wait's a while, then grows again. i think it comes down to everybody is different

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    I do long cycles and see consistant gains. I just switch compounds on a regular basis. If I was going for 20 weeks straight for example I can guarantee that there would be a pretty big difference between what I'm doing on week 1 and week 20.

yahya1966 is offline Junior Member
    my very unscientific rule of thumb is based on my bench, squat, and deadlift. if the poundages plateau or start to go down, then it's time for me to stop, but then again stopping for me is just going down to my hrt dose of 125-150 mg/wk of test e.

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    on long estered bulking week 4 i get a big boost then again at week 10 the rest is slower but still gaining,well thats just me might be different for others

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    What about the pro BB's that are constantly on cycles year round due to special appearances, contests and the olympia? The effects of their cycling must be incredibly hard on their HPTA. Would it just be the hgh, igf, slin and a combination of cycles that keeps them growing and bulking?

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    its simple really, the bigger you get the more cals you need to get even bigger, your diet needs to change as your bodyweight changes

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    its simple really, the bigger you get the more cals you need to get even bigger, your diet needs to change as your bodyweight changes
    When running a long cycle, won't your body attempt to adjust to homeostatis to compensate for the high androgen levels in your blood? Would this eventually hinder your gains? I find it interesting how the pros can have such a huge amount of substances in them at all times, yet still grow, regardless of potential receptor burnout or adjusted homoeostatis. Anyone have any imput on this? (sorry if im hijacking the tread, i'll post a new one if needed)

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanstan

So there ya have it,

go whore in a thread so I can pm u.

Thread Information