Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ritalin

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member

Ritalin

I hope I don't get banned for bringing this topic up, but it's serious and I am concerned. Doc rx'd ritalin. Is it safe #1. Will effect my gains, #2? Will it have any role in storage of fat or loss of fat or change in dietary habits (i.e. no hunger, etc...) Will it keep me up all night? It is for medical purposes and not abused.....so I hope the admin realiZes that,,,,,,

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I was prescribed Ritalin a few yrs back. It's a powerful drug. I gave it up cause it really spead my heart up like it was gonna jump outa my chest.

m8intl is offline Associate Member
    If you have ADD, then your body will likely respond to it differently than someone who does not, and you shouldn't have the amphetamine induced results e.g., sleeplessness.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    This should have been something to discuss witht he doctor who prescribed it not people on an internet msg board.

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    i think all ampthetamines and methylphenidate products kil lyour appetite a bit. They make no straight up not eat, but im not rx'd. They do help burn fat however.

manwitplans is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoleboyy
    i think all ampthetamines and methylphenidate products kil lyour appetite a bit. They make no straight up not eat, but im not rx'd. They do help burn fat however.
    They also help burn musclemass, which is sad for people who need it for medical purposes

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    This is the AAS forum Columbus.

1. Try a search.
    2. Talk to your doctor.

Ritalin and Adderall both have appetite suppressing tendecies, which is definitely not what you need.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    This should have been something to discuss witht he doctor who prescribed it not people on an internet msg board.
    amen to that man, why wouldn't you ask your doc instead of a bunch of strangers?

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    a simple medline search and some research can tell u everything u need to know basically...

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    This is one of my fav medical sites:

http://www.drugs.com/pdr/ritalin.html

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    ritalin is a powerful drug... I took it once and i thought my heart was going to come out of my chest.. made clen feel like nothing...

richard_orchard is offline New Member
    apparently some celebrities take it to lose weight...

tvd220 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBig
    amen to that man, why wouldn't you ask your doc instead of a bunch of strangers?

Im sure this bro did do a google search and asked a doctor's advise, he just wants to know some personel experiences and maybe he is imbar to ask people in person.

IMO- in small doses its ok, just take them early in the day, and it wont effect your sleep. It will decrease your appetite, but it may give you more energy to work out. I personally like the adderall extended release better, pm me with any questions

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    killed my appetite. I hate the shit. no extra energy. It just made me one with my thoughts. IMO, stay away. liver toxic too. And it kept me awake...

I did BINO....relax......of course I did, over and over...EXCEPT, he's never taken it, so I want real life experiences.....how can it hurt musclemass? Speed up metobolism, sure, like clen .....nbut effect masss? Not if ytou force feed and still lift heavy....mpossible.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quotes take directly from:

Structural Alterations of Skeletal Muscle Induced by ChronicAdministration of D-Amphetamine and Food Restriction

José A. Duarte(1), Felix Carvalho(2), Konstantinos Natsis(3), Fernando Remião(2),Maria L. Bastos(2), José M.C. Soares(1)and Hans J. Appell(1, 4)(1) Department of Sports Biology, Faculty of Sport Sciences, University of Porto,Portugal, (2) Department of Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University ofPorto, Portugal, (3) Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, AristotelianUniversity of Thessaloniki, Greece and (4) Institute of Sport Orthopedics, GermanSport University Cologne, Germany

"Anorexigenic drugs, like amphetamines, are oftenused as aids to reduce voluntary food intake [14, 27,28], despite of their side effects [10, 25]. Amphetamineadministration induces disturbances in the hormonalbalance [2], in the metabolism, and in the function ofmany organs and tissues [6]. In humans, several toxicside effects were reported in the literature, namely hy-perthermia, disseminated intravascular coagulation, andacute renal failure [3, 25]. These effects may be relatedto extensive muscle damage being manifested as rhab-domyolysis and clinically diagnosed by indirect signs[8]. In fact, the presence of numerous markers for mus-cle damage in blood and in urine [12, 24] was frequentlydescribed in laboratory animals and in humans after theadministration of amphetamine.Although the origin of amphetamine related muscledamage is not completely understood, the restriction ofcaloric intake induced by this drug may contribute totissue catabolism [9, 18, 22], since drastic hormonal andmetabolic alterations can be induced by acute food re-striction [7, 17, 19]. For instance, an increased rate ofnitrogen excretion [11] and high rate of net release ofamino acids from skeletal muscle [20] were describedafter short-term fasting. A reduced growth rate of mus-cle and a smaller cross sectional area of fibers were alsodescribed [16, 22].Since the concept of muscle damage induced by am-phetamine is so far only supported by indirect evidences,the aim of this investigation was to study the structuralalterations in skeletal muscle after repeated administration of amphetamine as compared to food restriction."

"Amphetamine is known to increase body temperatureas well as cortisol and ACTH concentrations [2, 6]which per se would lead to a catabolic situation."
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Taken from: http://www.gdcada.org/statistics/ritalin.htm

"In clinical studies, methylphenidate, like amphetamines, produce behavioral and psychological effects similar to cocaine. In simple terms, this means that the human body cannot tell the difference between cocaine, amphetamines, or Ritalin."

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    ritalin, dexadrine, and adderall all made food repulsive to me. They also made me efficent as hell at school work and repetitve tasks like cleaning my room. Been on and off add meds since 2nd grade, I like myself better without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    ritalin, dexadrine, and adderall all made food repulsive to me. They also made me efficent as hell at school work and repetitve tasks like cleaning my room. Been on and off add meds since 2nd grade, I like myself better without them.
    I've seen it literally ruin my best friends life. Never ate, smoked all the time. Looked like a damn ghost that was wasting away. I can't believe they give this shit to kids.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

True!
    ***No source checks!!!***

tvd220 is offline Member
    IMO its fine to take here and there when a high a need of focus is required, you run into problems when you have to take it every day to function.

ducatibob is offline Junior Member
    I've tried it and thought the sides weren't worth the additional focus. Killed my appetite, screwed with my sleep and when I'd do cardio with a heart rate monitor I could get it above 170 BPM just walking fast (kicked ass at work though).
    It really depends how bad your ADD messes with your life. I have a friend who started it when he was in his late twenties and it has seriously helped him out. No more "all over the place conversations", his work is better and his wife gets along better with him on it (he can actually listen to her for more than 30 seconds). Of course he's lost about 15 pounds and only gets 5-6 hours of sleep a night but the other stuff is worth it to him.

Try it for a few weeks and see if it's worth it to you.

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    Well said. I would talk to your doc about your concerns.
    Buff

its not being abused like some.......1-2 a day.......will it effect gains? is it like clen ?

all I really want to know is if it will efect growth or have any other harmful effects other than killing appetite, which I know I can beat........why isnt it used more often nonprescribed by bodybuilders.....seems to have same effect as clen and cheaper........I'm not going to absue, therefor I hope there are no issues.....

ziinus is offline Associate Member
    You will lose muscle with any derivate of amphetamine. It will kill your appetite, sometime making extremeley hard to eat anything and painful.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    No, it will not affect YOUR gains. You're not gaining anything in the first place so there's nothing really at stake here. You may take this as a personal shot and hate me for it, but your posts clearly illustrate minimal, if any, gains over the last several months.

Your competition is in t-minus two years, Columbus. Time's a tickin for you to shut us all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    all I really want to know is if it will efect growth or have any other harmful effects other than killing appetite, which I know I can beat........why isnt it used more often nonprescribed by bodybuilders.....seems to have same effect as clen and cheaper........I'm not going to absue, therefor I hope there are no issues.....

Bro, did you not read one fcvking post I put up.

I mean christ man, I actually tried to help your ass out, full while knowing you:
    A. Wouldn't Listen
    B. Will ask the same thing 100000 times over again.

Stupid me for trying to help you. I am now on a crusade to see to it that no one ever answers your posts again.

It's "Columbus Barbie".

Now available at all GNC stores.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ritalin-anorexicbarbie.jpg  

ive heard its catabolic (Im making gains) and nit kills appetite....which hasnt happened.....so Ill keep asking......relax!

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    It's "Columbus Barbie".

Now available at all GNC stores.
    funny..hqhqhah...aneroxic..not much weaker than you and you got me by 40 or 30lbs.....lol...thts funny

ive heard its catabolic (Im making gains) and nit kills appetite....which hasnt happened.....so Ill keep asking......relax!

You make no sense....I just proved it was Catabolic, despite what you've heard.

Read this:
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=2536602

funny..hqhqhah...aneroxic..not much weaker than you and you got me by 40 or 30lbs.....lol...thts funny
    Holmes,

What's funny (and sad) is that your wrists are the diameter of the pinkie on my left hand. And if I've got you by 30lbs or 40lbs, then that makes you either 130lbs or 140lbs as I'm currently 171lbs at 7-8% bodyfat.

Just stop. You don't want to make me pull up the data on you in front of everyone now, do you?

Mavs

Tuesday, April 17th 2007

Chest and Triceps

Today was a different kind of "push" day for me. I went really heavy with fewer reps. I'd like to do this once a month or so with each body part.

Flat Bench:
    185 X 12 - ME 185X10, 225X6-7, 245 X 3-4, 265X1-2
    225 X 8
    245 X 4
    265 X 1 (no spot)

Incline Dumbell Press:
    80 X 8 - 808,90X6X2
    90 X 5
    100 X 2 (no spot)

Dips:
    BW X 15 (SAME)
    BW + 45lbs X 10
    BW + 90lbs X 6

PWO cardio none. Total duration of workout: 1:15

your last workout for chest, my last workout for chest.....lol.....go figure son, and im weak!

Oh snap, here comes the data. You posted this on June 5th which is only 6 weeks ago!!!:

Flat bench -**95x6, 105x6** 115x8, 125x8, 135x6, 145x5, 155x3

incline hammar chest machine Plate + 10x10, +15x10, +25x9, +35x7, 2 plates x7 --->45+10x8

DB flies -45x10x3 (feet on bench, full stretch)

Pec Dec - 90x12, 105x12, 105x12

Hammar Dips Machine - 45x15, +10x15, +20x12, +30x10

Rope pushdowns - 80x10, 85x10, 90x8 --->60x12

Free Dips 2x12

abs 6 sets - Abbench and rope

So you're telling me that you're benching 100lbs more than you were one month ago, yet, you've gained NO weight since then? The data is lying Columbus.

I'm glad that you pulled up a post on my workout log that dates back to April 17th. That's over 3 months ago. Just wait until you see my new pics that I'll post on Aug. 1st.

Mavs

No need arguing with this character Mavs, we all know the truth.

Columbus your compulsive lies fool no one and I would recommend that members here disregard all of your future threads. You obviously don't care for our input or you would have read Giants' post and the discussion would have ended.

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    Oh snap, here comes the data. You posted this on June 5th which is only 6 weeks ago!!!:

Flat bench -**95x6, 105x6** 115x8, 125x8, 135x6, 145x5, 155x3

incline hammar chest machine Plate + 10x10, +15x10, +25x9, +35x7, 2 plates x7 --->45+10x8

DB flies -45x10x3 (feet on bench, full stretch)

Pec Dec - 90x12, 105x12, 105x12

Hammar Dips Machine - 45x15, +10x15, +20x12, +30x10

Rope pushdowns - 80x10, 85x10, 90x8 --->60x12

Free Dips 2x12

abs 6 sets - Abbench and rope

So you're telling me that you're benching 100lbs more than you were one month ago, yet, you've gained NO weight since then? The data is lying Columbus.

I'm glad that you pulled up a post on my workout log that dates back to April 17th. That's over 3 months ago. Just wait until you see my new pics that I'll post on Aug. 1st.

Mavs
    PRETTY CLOSE...MAYBE 75-95LBS MORE.......ITS ALL MUSCLE MEMORY MEMORY BUDDY...AND I WAS VERY VERY SIVCK THEN...THAT WAS JUST OUT OF THE HOSPITAL....

I tell you what Columbus, I will go ahead and leave you alone now. But, before I go, this is what I'll do for you moving forward:

I'll post up my competition pics in September. You can then post up your fake diet, fake weight, ab shots, etc. and we can then compare who knows what they're doing. Deal?

Take care.

PRETTY CLOSE...MAYBE 75-95LBS MORE.......ITS ALL MUSCLE MEMORY MEMORY BUDDY...AND I WAS VERY VERY SIVCK THEN...THAT WAS JUST OUT OF THE HOSPITAL....
    More lies. Let me just add to my last post that Mavs is natural and you are on steroids , yet he is still bigger and stronger than you. Just goes to show that dedication and discipline overrule hormones.

john vega is offline Associate Member
    dude, if its add u have, y play around with methylphenidate. i tried concerta..which is time--released ritalin.. bro..i had delusions of sawing peoples wrists off of the top of the metal guards people jahng on 2 maintain balance on trains. BAD SHIT. messes with ur head. i sum x have an inability to remain focus...what i take and highly suggest would compliment ur debility wud be hydergine. this is classified as a smart drug. it thickens the dendrites in the brain..moreover, leading to a greater mass supply of blood flow encircling the blood barrier of the brain..which means greater concentration on any topic at hand. this will not intefere with ur cycles. u cud even stack it with vincamine. which is sold otc and has great synergy with hydergine. just food for thought. EMPATHY goes a long way my man. a long way!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information