buffgator is offline king of mass

How will my cycle effect a sperm count test?

I know that test can cause you to temporarily be infertile, but through what way does it. I have a sperm test coming up and I wonder if due to being on a test deca cycle if the count will be inacurate? If so would taking some hcg fix that.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator
    I wonder if due to being on a test deca cycle if the count will be inacurate?
    Yes. Your count will be rock bottom thanks mainly to the deca . hcg can help but its not gonna fix the problem, and depending on the sperm test you are getting it may skew results (like motility, morbidity of sperm, etc)

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Your sperm count will be in the crapper.
    Why would you pump it up with HCG though (could give you an artificial high number), you arn't going to get an accurate count while you're on cycle no matter what you do.

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    You do not want to be on a cycle when you go get this test.
    Buff

Kevinjg is offline Associate Member
    Prob a dumb questions?
    How can they test your sperm count???

Like you crack one off a catch it in a tube???

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    yea you go to a doctor and get it counted... not that difficult...

Kevinjg is offline Associate Member
    What actually increases sperm count?? I'm on a cycle now after i finished my cycle me and my partner are going to try for a kid! I know Clomid helps! anything else?

purple-ronnie is offline New Member
    any one know how long after you come off of your cycle does it take for your sperm cout to go back to nornmal?

Quote Originally Posted by purple-ronnie
    any one know how long after you come off of your cycle does it take for your sperm cout to go back to nornmal?
    6 weeks to 6 monthes from begining of pct

adamw1 is offline Associate Member
    Clomid makes me shoot like a pissing elephant but it also makes me cry like one,im not sure about the sperm count but i think it is prescribed if in the first stages of IVF.Can i ask why you need a sperm count done because if its for the reason im guessing you may wanna make some choices however if im guessing wrong tell me to stfu .

Serotonin is offline Member
    The sperm can be affected by two ways. First the natural testosterone your body produces will travel a very short distance acting as a paracrine agent (think cellular messenger) and stimulate sertoli cells in your testes to produce sperm. If you're injecting tons of test then this is bypassed and hindered by testicular atrophy that occurs from HPTA suppression.

The second way is prolactin buildup from using Deca which is a 19-nor. I'm not exactly sure of the mechanism for which it causes lower sperm count but it does.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    im curious, do u have a baseline count, meaning have u had ur sperm checked while off cycle?i personally have low sperm count myself naturally before the juice.ive wondered what it does to my already pathetic count

I am already infertile. I have a condition where I have extremely over dialated veins in my testicles. In 6 months I have an operation to cut out allot of those veins. They need to test for to things though, how many I produce, and how many are alive. I thought for sure they would do this 2-3 months or even weeks out. Not this early totally caught me of gaurd.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    I am already infertile. I have a condition where I have extremely over dialated veins in my testicles. In 6 months I have an operation to cut out allot of those veins. They need to test for to things though, how many I produce, and how many are alive. I thought for sure they would do this 2-3 months or even weeks out. Not this early totally caught me of gaurd.
    You should tell your doctor what your doing, he will need to know. Gear will definitely suppress your sperm count and he/she may think it's due to something else. Good Luck!

do u know what ur sperm count was then, just curious. mine was 5 million with only about 20% motility, thats pretty pathetic considering that the normal count is like 150 million if i remember correctly.....anyway the wife and i r talking about invitro again ,my son was over 20k but very worth it, GL with ur operation bro, hope it works out for u.

yeah a regular sperm count is 50 million. The way the doctor sounds is that I possibley make enough sperm, but they are kept to warm so they die. My doctor knows about my steroid use , but my wife has a female doctor who I just started going to, and I have not told her yet. She is kind of a beoch!

yeah a regular sperm count is 50 million. The way the doctor sounds is that I possibley make enough sperm, but they are kept to warm so they die. My doctor knows about my steroid use, but my wife has a female doctor who I just started going to, and I have not told her yet. She is kind of a beoch!
    yea, some r ok with it if they r a little more educated but those who r'nt really r'nt.i understand the tests but whether or not ur on should'nt affect the outcome, right?i mean if its the veins and what-not, fix those and u'll fix the problem, right?!.anyway GL! im gratefull for invitro but if there's a cheaper and easier way to fix it, its odviously better!

S431M7 is offline Banned
    I know that test can cause you to temporarily be infertile, but through what way does it. I have a sperm test coming up and I wonder if due to being on a test deca cycle if the count will be inacurate? If so would taking some hcg fix that.
    Hcg would stimulate your testes to produce more sperm cells. If u did deca in your cycle, better get that hcg so quick boy.

Quote Originally Posted by S431M7
    Hcg would stimulate your testes to produce more sperm cells. If u did deca in your cycle, better get that hcg so quick boy.
    That would just serve the purpose of providing misinformation to the doc that is going to slice into your balls.

I guess the reason for the test is to compare it to the same test after the surgery to see if the operation was a success.

FlyByU is offline Associate Member
    To Increase Sperm Count, You Need To Get Hold Of Hmg! Hcg And Clomid Won't Cut It!

Thread Information