primodonna is offline Female Member

hey bigkev...(semi O/T)

did you do the Bayou Classic this year or last? I think i saw it on a shirt in one of your pix...???
    What happens here, stays here

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    won the heavyweight novice a few years ago . weighed 235, came in in real good shape. followed that with a 3rd in the heavy open division at the greater gulf states that same year,lot of quality guys there so i was pleased. roddy gaubert did the guest spot that year. you from louisiana?

Psycoswole is offline Member
    How many calories do take in generally bro? and how closely do you watch your diet?

during the offseason i eat whatever i want bro. i dont gorge on cakes and cookies, but if i want a pizza, i eat the entire thing. if you limit yourself to only clean food during your bulking faze you really limit the effectiveness of your cycle. calories are the king when it comes to getting big. just eat bro, do it sensibly, instead of one chicken breast, eat 10 legs, instead of 10 egg whites and water, eat a box of macoroni and cheese with a can of tuna, and wash it down with whole milk. hit the gym hard and lay down when you get home!

Bahaha, ok then im doing things right, im just permanently in the offseason, bahaa

TO ALL WHO BULK, thanks bro good post

Originally posted by bigkev
    during the offseason i eat whatever i want bro. i dont gorge on cakes and cookies, but if i want a pizza, i eat the entire thing. if you limit yourself to only clean food during your bulking faze you really limit the effectiveness of your cycle. calories are the king when it comes to getting big. just eat bro, do it sensibly, instead of one chicken breast, eat 10 legs, instead of 10 egg whites and water, eat a box of macoroni and cheese with a can of tuna, and wash it down with whole milk. hit the gym hard and lay down when you get home!

The original jason Guest
    good post that made me laugh!! I need to hear that shit cos I give myself to hard time for eating shitty sometimes I try to be strict but its hard sometims. Looking good keep it up

peace
    jason

a huge guy told me years ago that if you want to be 260lbs, you have to eat like someone whos the 260 lbs you want to be. a 260 lb man can eat a lot more than a 160 lb man. just keep eating until you can eat as much as the big guy! thats what i do!

solid advice, turned out to be a decent thread

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Bump good advice everyone should pay attention maybe then ill be able to put some weight on..

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I've only done one cycle to date and I'm doing my first ever bulking cycle next month...the good ole sust/deca /dbol . I have always had a hard time getting/staying lean and I'm planning on competeing this coming May (Lightheavy). I have to drop a lot of fat between now and then so I can't afford to eat like that (as much as I really want to). I started my precontest diet 2.5 weeks ago and at present (off cycle) I'm averaging about 2500calories a day (300g protein, 150g carbs, 40-60g fat). I'm adding cardio next week as well as an ECA. I want to slowly drop wieght without comprimising lean mass. Next month when I'm on I plan on bumping my calories to 4000 but staying clean....what are your thoughts on this BK (keep in mind I'm predisposed to carry excess BF....just look at my pics)

Pete

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

Pete

I have tried to follow and "clean bulking" just does not work that well you make gains, but much much slower, i too, have to watch body fat, but having said that I have jump my calories up to 5000+ fast food 1x day, junk at night, still get my 400G protien, and hell of lot of carbs, and fat. This has finially got me over some sticking points, and I have not gained much fat. So I think i may have been somewhat starving myself and causing me to hold what fat i had instead of burning it. So far so good. I would put me around 12% which is not too bad. Also good plan to drop the lbs. slowly.

EC...brother you don't have to try to hard to convice me. I'll bump the calories to 4500-5000, not worry so much about being strict, keep my protein above 400g (clean sources) and see what happens. My only concern is having too much to drop between Feb and May....I know clen /T3/winny/primo (or EQ) will help but I have to be relativly lean before I even strat that.

P

yep

Get your body fat down to around 10% at 12-14 weeks out and you should be fine. Should be able to get down to 4-5% by show time. You hear anything about atlantics? I am assuming it will be weekend after your show, which is late this year.

Yep...provincial show is May 4th and Atlantics are usually the following week. I'll go light-heavy at the provincials and then eat all week so I can compete against you in the heavies the following week at the Atlantics

P

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Psycoswole
    Bahaha, ok then im doing things right, im just permanently in the offseason, bahaa

That was a good one psyco....

Geez i was wondering how this thread got to be so long...

bk- i have lived in NO and Shreveport...was going to do the Bayou and GGS last year but moved so i was just wondering what the competition was like down there

A big guy once told me the same thing about if you want to be 260 you have to eat like you're already there...maybe it was the same guy

Never underestimate the anabolic properties of a pizza

bayou classic was an easy win, guys were pretty good but underconditioned, same for the gals. ggs was a different story,top caliber all the way. the thing is , you never know who will show up and in what shape. do the bayou c. first, you will enjoy it.
    it is possible to bulk up on clean foods, if you can manage to eat 4000-5000 clean calories a day, that is a hard thing to do bro, its even harder to do it consistently. you will definatly need some type of high calorie weight gain powder. IMO you can either get big or get cut, not both at the same time. anything is possible though!

Word. Thanks BK...hey you have the same initials as Burger King j/k bro. I guess I'll eat big to get big!!

burger king! hell yea!!!

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Are you guys serious? I eat nothing but clean and have trouble NOT eating 4000kcal/day. It was tough when I was smaller but I still did it. Pete, I'd advise not quite eating 25kcal/lb. if you want to keep fat off. If you eat at 25/lb., then that is ideal, but you will most certainly gain some fat even if you eat only clean. Try to limit carbs and if you're going to go overboard anywhere, do it with protein. Try for like 400g+ of protein ED. It is harder for the body to turn excess protein to bodyfat. Do cardio for 30min in the morning on an empty stomach (or right after a scoop of whey), going at a moderate pace. I'd do 2-3 times/week. That's my advice, take it for what it's worth.

Pete

Going to be touch and go for making heavies, i am 235 now, at best might make 240 before the diet has to start, so if am at 205 or something i may try to make light heavy depending on what the mirror says. nathan if your eating 4000 cals clean, post your diet, i would be interest is seeing what it takes to get 4000 cals clean?

Aight. It's actually a little under at the moment as I am eating for maintenance now. Anyway, here's what I eat in a day:

Meal 1: 1 and 1/3 cups rolled oats (with some cinnamon) - 460kcal

Meal 2: 2.5scoops whet protein - 280kcal (only about 6g of carbs total)

Meal 3: 1.5 cups brown rice, and 3 tins of tuna - 650kcal

Meal 4 (postworkout): carb drink (55g carbs), 2.5 scoops whey - 500kcal

Meal 5: 2 cups brown ric, 3 tins tuna - 750kcal

Meal 6: 10 tablespoons unsalted peanuts - 550kcal

Meal 7: 4 whole eggs - 300kcal

Meal 8: 2.5 scoops whey - 280kcal

Total: 3770kcal
    Total protein: about 400g

There ya go. To get to 4000kcal, just add another 2.5 scoops of whey first thing in the morning. That's how I eat and it keeps me at the same bodyweight and waist size. I'll be eating like this through my fina/winny cycle which starts in a few days.

looks good nate, how many months out of the year do you eat like that?

And my fellow hamburger lovers, there is no greater feeling than conquering a double king burger from Fatburger... PURE MASS

I eat like that all the time. But I increase or lower total calories depending on the goals. Sometimes I eat at Subway and the like. I try to throw in steak and veggies once a week at least but that is expensive and I can't really afford it very well. That's one of the pluses of being obsessive complusive, it's more difficult for me to cheat on my diet than to not, by far.

your a good man for eating that many clean cals a day nate , everyday. i go as high as 265 lbs in the offseason, and 235-40 at show time. i couldnt possibly maintain that body weight on your diet, wish i could.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    bump. some good info here.

ps- i've been avoiding pizza. maybe it time to stop!!!

your a good man for eating that many clean cals a day nate , everyday. i go as high as 265 lbs in the offseason, and 235-40 at show time. i couldnt possibly maintain that body weight on your diet, wish i could.
    Yeah, well, I'm working towards your size my friend. Not there yet but I'm gunning for it. I know I could handle at least another 1000 clean calories daily on top of what I'm doing now without any probs. Just trying to prove that 4000-5000kcal clean can be done easily. You still getting bigger? Could I ask how old you are and how long have you been in the game?

The original jason Guest
    hm diet looks good but I agree u need a good bottle of antacid milk when u start going over 4000clean in a day 3tins of tuna???? I love tuna and eat it alot but I would strugle with that much in one go for sure I have just written a bulking diet that I will be starting monday its about the same calories as that and all clean to but it sure is hard I want to get it to about 4500per day but im struggling to add anything to it anyway good post

peace
    jason

cnyce89 is offline Banned
    Ahhh just the words i wanted to hear!!!!!
    thanks god!!

Originally posted by The original jason
    hm diet looks good but I agree u need a good bottle of antacid milk when u start going over 4000clean in a day 3tins of tuna???? I love tuna and eat it alot but I would strugle with that much in one go for sure I have just written a bulking diet that I will be starting monday its about the same calories as that and all clean to but it sure is hard I want to get it to about 4500per day but im struggling to add anything to it anyway good post

peace
    jason
    Really? 3 tins of tuna is a breeze. I could honestly eat 6 in a sitting. You gotta work your way up to it. Do it with a big ass glass of water as your mouth can get a bit dry. Also, pour a little water into the actual cans and let the tuna soak it up - makes it easier to get down. Good stuff.

Cajun is offline New Member
    primodonna, you lived in N.O. ?? How long ago?? Im in the big N.O.

Cajun- 1998

Cajun is offline New Member
    BK, Give up some stats. BF, height weight. awesome abs for a guy your size. You look like that and you eat burger king and pizza, God bless you , you bastard. You are my new hero.

you want have any problem making the gains you want nate. eating enough cals is the biggest stumbling stone in bodybuilding, IMO. people dont realize just how much we have to eat to maintain our weight, let alone add more lean mass.
    i am 30 years old. i have been training for 12 years. my first eight years i powerlifted naturally, didnt touch gear until i was 26 years old. got up to 225 on nothing but beans and greens. competed in powerlifting usually at 215-17 lbs(220 division). had a ranking in powerlifting usa of 13th, that was among juiced lifters. gave me a geat base to work from. not tooting my own horn, i just love everything about our sport. most positive thing i have ever done.
    i am 5'11 , 245 right now. i dont kill myself on burger king! will eat it from time to time though. i am in the gym 2-3 hours , 6 days a week that helps the bf.!

you want have any problem making the gains you want nate. eating enough cals is the biggest stumbling stone in bodybuilding, IMO. people dont realize just how much we have to eat to maintain our weight, let alone add more lean mass.
    i am 30 years old. i have been training for 12 years. my first eight years i powerlifted naturally, didnt touch gear until i was 26 years old. got up to 225 on nothing but beans and greens. competed in powerlifting usually at 215-17 lbs(220 division). had a ranking in powerlifting usa of 13th, that was among juiced lifters. gave me a geat base to work from. not tooting my own horn, i just love everything about our sport. most positive thing i have ever done.
    i am 5'11 , 245 right now. i dont kill myself on burger king! will eat it from time to time though. i am in the gym 2-3 hours , 6 days a week that helps the bf.!
    Damn dude. 2-3 hour gym sessions? That's nuts. I'd be severely overtrained if I did that, but it seems to work quite nicely for you so keep it up. Yeah, my appetite is definitely an assest. It's insatiable. When do you plan on competing again? You hoping to come in heavier than ever before?

i will do one of the late season shows next year. i've got to try to come in heavier, 240 at least. so at means an offseason weight of 270. i am sure i can do it. the last 1 1/2 years ive played around, got serious again 6 months ago. gotta love it!

Good luck bro. I'm sure you can do it to. Keep us posted on the progress.

270 has a nice ring to it

The Iron Game Guest
    This is a great thread. Bump

Thread Information