Thread: Why stack?

phog is offline New Member

Why stack?

Ok this is admittedly a very newbie Q but I have been reading for several days and don't see a clear answer to this.
    Why stack? If one thing is bad for you why do another equally bad thing for you thing at the same time?
    I am thinking about a short cycle to try and gain about 10-15 lbs.
    40 years old
    5'11'' 165 I work out at least one hour a day 6 days a week at least two of those are cardio. pretty cut but it is really hard to gain any chest or biceps. easy to put on Thigh and back for me. I eat 2 or 3 whey shakes a day and otherwise a balanced low fat diet.
    I guess I am pretty needle phobic and am wondering about using only one oral for a 3 -4 week cycle.
    Thoughts?

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    you need to study eating not steroids at this point. Stack because it gets results, stack because you are already thowing the htpa outta balance and it will need time to recover which is a big factor. If you avoid certain compounds stacking is not that hard on the body. Oral steroids are the most liver toxic and a 3-4 week oral only cycle is stupid for what you want to acheive.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phog
    Ok this is admittedly a very newbie Q but I have been reading for several days and don't see a clear answer to this.
    Why stack? If one thing is bad for you why do another equally bad thing for you thing at the same time?
    I am thinking about a short cycle to try and gain about 10-15 lbs.
    40 years old
    5'11'' 165 I work out at least one hour a day 6 days a week at least two of those are cardio. pretty cut but it is really hard to gain any chest or biceps. easy to put on Thigh and back for me. I eat 2 or 3 whey shakes a day and otherwise a balanced low fat diet.
    I guess I am pretty needle phobic and am wondering about using only one oral for a 3 -4 week cycle.
    Thoughts?
    Define "bad".

ANYTHING can be bad for you. It all depends on how you use it and how much you use.

God, I hate broad vague statements like these.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Many stack because of the synergistic effect. That is doing 2 different types of gear will make the other work better, they compliment each other. Not recommended for first time users.

bad

Bad, lets see: liver toxic, bitch tits, impotence, how long a list do you want?
    My point was that it seems to this newb that as little of this as you could get away with would be what we all would want. asking more if there is potentiating of effect or are we trying to balance side effects or what.

Sorry if the word bad offended you.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Steroids are stacked for optimum results. Combinging nor groups, dhts and test groups provide synergy and hit different steroid receptors for greater gains and results.

You unfortunately arent ready for a cycle yet. You need your diet in check and you need to gain a lot more weight naturally before you consider aas use, not to mention the amount of research and information you need to understand before you decide to use chemical enhancement.

You should never just run an oral only cycle, these are things you learn through reading educational threads and profiles. goodluck

Kfrost06 and Amorphic, thanks for you input

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    dont get discuraged phog, read for a few months until you have everything memorised, post your diet and workout routines on here. People will help you with them for free!! That is if you are serious about gaing some weight.

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    different steroids effect u in different ways so by stacking u r getting the best of both (or however many in the stack) worlds,yes sides can be a problem but not everyone will experience all associated sides from each compound there r other drugs to deal with sides,as ur contemplating ur first cycle its best to stick with one compound the main reason being u will learn how ur body reacts to it before adding additional compounds in future cycles,steroids r not a 1 trick pony there r many things to consider,yes u r kinda light so maybe u should look in the diet forum but u wouldnt be the first person to start juicing skinny

Bad, lets see: liver toxic, bitch tits, impotence, how long a list do you want?
    My point was that it seems to this newb that as little of this as you could get away with would be what we all would want. asking more if there is potentiating of effect or are we trying to balance side effects or what.

Sorry if the word bad offended you.
    All 3 side effects you listed there can be completely avoided through proper use via ancilliaries, and educating yourself on proper use, etc.

What I have learned from bodybuilding for 8 years is that:

Everything is bad for you

and

Everything is good for you

Like I said, it all depends on how you use it, and how much of it you use, whatever it is!

sonnygll is offline Member
    Generally a first time cycle would be just test (which you inject) and a couple other drugs (pretty safe ones) to counteract sides.

However you really aren't big enough for drugs. I would advise you not to do it at this time.

I'm your height, have almost 40 pounds on you, and am just getting ready to start my first cycle. Aside from a very short 2 week suprdrol cycle, which barely counts and only netted me a couple pounds, I got this 100% natural. Just to give you an idea of where you need to be with it.

Steroids are for advanced lifters who are anal retentive about food, and pump iron almost compulsively. The kind of guy who doesn't skip workouts, and never caves on the eating plan no matter what the temptation (planned cheat meals aside). A weird guy like me in other words. You need to have that sort of focus.

6 days is too much. 4 days is better. You are trying to bulk so just do a little cardio 1 day for heart and lungs. Lift heavy the other 3 days, but keep it under an hour.

Doing some heavy underhand back work is the key for biceps. Some barbell curls are a good add on. No cheating on curls, you need to work the biceps not the back and shoulders.
    For chest, nothing beats bench press variations and weighted dips. Both barbell and dumbbell are needed for proper chest development. Forget all the flys and crossover and pec deck, those are for finishing touches, not mass.

Hopefully that sets you straight on what you need to do.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    you need to study eating not steroids at this point. Stack because it gets results, stack because you are already thowing the htpa outta balance and it will need time to recover which is a big factor. If you avoid certain compounds stacking is not that hard on the body. Oral steroids are the most liver toxic and a 3-4 week oral only cycle is stupid for what you want to acheive.
    perfectly stated, you need to learn how to eat to gain, then when you have reached your genetic potential consider gear. Use the time between now and then to study and you will be ready by the time it comes.

A question was doggin' me all night. Why does someone have to be a certain build before the start the gear? over and over I read that someone is too fat or too skinny to start. Is the too skinny part cause they just cant do the work (heavy lifting) required to see the gains? Dont they use ASS for AIDS patients and such who are so terribly skinny? Or on the flipside, what will happen to the 22% guy who gears up? Please trust me I am not arguing but really want to understand.

A question was doggin' me all night. Why does someone have to be a certain build before the start the gear? over and over I read that someone is too fat or too skinny to start. Is the too skinny part cause they just cant do the work (heavy lifting) required to see the gains? Dont they use ASS for AIDS patients and such who are so terribly skinny? Or on the flipside, what will happen to the 22% guy who gears up? Please trust me I am not arguing but really want to understand.
    First of all, because without a solid base of natural muscle, you will lose all your gains when you come off the cycle. Secondly, you also introduce a high risk of ripping tendons right out. On steroids , your muscles grow very quickly, but your tendons and ligaments don't grow as fast. So what you have is this massive amount of muscle that can output this massive amount of force, and it can just rip the ligament right out. Now, if you had at least a year or two of heavy lifting under you, it wouldn't be a problem due to the fact that your ligaments and joints have had time already to grow and adjust to the weight you've been pushing around naturally.

The AAS they give to AIDS patients is just solely for the purpose of nitrogen retention and immune system boost (hence why deca is used for AIDS patients). AIDS patients don't use steroids for the purpose of lifting weights and bodybuilding. They don't lift weights at all, so therefore they avoid the problem of tendon and muscle tears, and they're not concerned with "keeping gains" as they won't get any gains if they are not lifting weights.

If you're heavily over-fat, AAS use can cause and aggrivate alot of health problems. Number 1 is that side effects (notably gyno) is more prominent if your bodyfat percentage is very high, because fat tissue produces aromatase (the enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen). More fat = more aromatase activity = more estrogen conversion. So along with that, you will get even MORE bloat. More bloat leads to high blood pressure, of which high blood pressure is already a concern with people who have very high bodyfat percentages. The bloat caused by estrogen will further aggrivate that. I don't even need to explain the issue of high cholesterol levels. And finally, if you have too high a bodyfat percentage, you won't see much of the gains you make...

Thanks! great answer.

Thread Information