Thread: High BP

gurcanco is offline New Member

High BP

Ok here is a good question if there are any MDs out there: when I am on test my BP gets very high such as 144/93 this only happens when I am on the gear. I would like to take some medication for it but I can’t figure out what kind I should take. Alpha blockers sound good but at the same time diuretic an there are other kinds which I have no idea which one to take. Please help

start doing your cardio and eat more fiber and your blood pressur will be fine

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    Are you having any symptoms along with this small rise or are you just checking it and it is elevated. I agree with the diet part. As for cardio if you are hypertensive the increased cardiac workload can work against you.
    Buff

gurcanco is offline New Member
    ok cardio and diet is not the issue like i point out before my BP is around 122/70 without the juice my LDL is 190 and HDL is about 70 so there is no problem with diet and cardio i run 16 miles a week two days 8 miles each 10 min/mile test will rise anyones BP this is the issue if there are any MDs out there who can give me some advise that will be great

cookiemonstR is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gurcanco
    ok cardio and diet is not the issue like i point out before my BP is around 122/70 without the juice my LDL is 190 and HDL is about 70 so there is no problem with diet and cardio i run 16 miles a week two days 8 miles each 10 min/mile test will rise anyones BP this is the issue if there are any MDs out there who can give me some advise that will be great

If your that concerned about it go get a script from a doctor, there is bp medicine out there, keep in mind though it likely won't look good on your health insurance record. OTC though theres lots of things people take, garlic, asprin, etc, do a search. i have high blood pressure too

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    i get hbp when cycling hawthorn berry is good but bp meds r cheaper so they win

spooledup is offline Banned
    That's not real bad, using EQ mine will go up to 170/110 at times.

Make sure that if your're getting your BP checked by a nurse or DR that they use the big cuff. Several times I've told them this and it goes down by 15-20 points easily from the typical cuff.

Hawthorne berry settles my heart rate down noticeably, and seems to work ok to lower BP a few points.

Get a wrist monitor and takes a BP history. They're some argumnet as to how accurate they are but seem to work fine.

if you can handle it niacin has been proven to lower BP.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    144/93 is just barely considered high..im sure it can fluctuate daily...you might want to work on getting that LDL down some too..it seems pretty high, but your HDL seems good

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    Ok here is a good question if there are any MDs out there: when I am on test my BP gets very high such as 144/93 this only happens when I am on the gear. I would like to take some medication for it but I can’t figure out what kind I should take. Alpha blockers sound good but at the same time diuretic an there are other kinds which I have no idea which one to take. Please help
    does your face ever turn red or get nose bleeds...

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    talk to your doctor. Mine put me on an ACE inhibitor called Benicar. It has worked good for me, but everyone is different.

Thread Information