ecivon is offline Member

Competition Body Building

I have a friend who is looking for some advice. He wants to get really big for strong man competition and needs advice designing bridging cycles to allow him to build as much as possible year-round with little to no off-time.

He is 25 y.o., 6' 1'', 240+ lbs. with under (my guess) 6% BF. He is an athlete and has been training for many years and though he is young has done several cycles. He has played championship basketball and was a top rated tailback at the college level. He is finished playing sports and wants to focus on body building and strong man.

I'm not certain of his lifting stats, but do know he benches well over 400 lbs. and is in top level condition. He is not a novice, nor inexperienced.

Can an experienced Bro offer any advice on designing bridging cycles to get him started for at least the first year, or so? Or where to go to get that information?

Thanks ...

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    With little to no off time he is going to wreak havoc on his hpta, destroying recovery time and eventually overloading his receptors to the point where they will not be as responsive to aas. 6% bf seems crazy low, especially for a strongman.

Does he know the consequences of running aas yearlong without off time? Permenant damage to the hpta can result from this, at 25 i doubt he wants to be on hrt for the duration of his life from long term suppression of the hpta.

personally, i dont think its a good idea.

ecivon is offline Member
    That was the purpose of the post, to get advice on designing bridging cycles for what he wants to achieve. If it can be done year-round then the advice would focus on that, if that is not feasible then what cycles/compounds and frequency would best serve what he wants to achieve?

buffgator is offline king of mass
    I have done some strong man contest and unless your pro see no need to run year round. The first year learning proper technique will help out more than any cycle.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    If he wants strength for a strongman contest, get him to run halotestin , check out the profile for more info.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I believe even serious competition BB's should come off completely to recover for the next cycle.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    he can build size with deca and test. then change over to tren and halo or var.

How long till the contest????

graeme87 is offline Member
    If he wants to run year round with little to no time off he is going to end up on hrt/trt. Look into this more before deciding to go on such a long cycle because it is very possible no amount of PCT will recover you from that sort of cycle and make hrt inevitable.

If he is OK with this then I would suggest using compounds like tren and halo for strength but some people (myself not included) find tren harms their cardio and as much as strongman comps are about brut strength they also require some conditioning, if your friend finds the tren to be detrimental to his cardio he should replace it with another compound before a competition. It would still be OK to cycle the build strength and size prier to a comp.

240lbs is small for a strongman although at 6% bf maybe not. A lot of strongmen are well over the 300lbs mark gut and all the extra weight is still advantageous so bulking up should be a priority.

It’s hard to design a specific cycle without knowing his cycle history but I would advise looking into the following compounds

Injectables to use: tren, test, deca

Tabs to use: halo, dbol , adrol

One of the biggest keys to doing well in strongman comps is event specific training so makes sure he is not just pumping iron but out there flipping tyres etc.

ecivon is offline Member
    Thanks for the replies guys, it is appreciated.

He has just accepted that he won't be playing ball so he is now just getting started with preparing to begin Strong Man as another career. His body weight is a little low on purpose as he couldn't be a 280 lb tailback and get anywhere. He has the frame he can hold at least 300 lbs. and that's where he wants to get through lifting and training.

I've heard tren , test and halo and then winny, slin and halo. Any feedback on optimum length for these cycles and doses/frequency to consider? What should pct look like?

buffgator is offline king of mass
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme87
    If he wants to run year round with little to no time off he is going to end up on hrt/trt. Look into this more before deciding to go on such a long cycle because it is very possible no amount of PCT will recover you from that sort of cycle and make hrt inevitable.

If he is OK with this then I would suggest using compounds like tren and halo for strength but some people (myself not included) find tren harms their cardio and as much as strongman comps are about brut strength they also require some conditioning, if your friend finds the tren to be detrimental to his cardio he should replace it with another compound before a competition. It would still be OK to cycle the build strength and size prier to a comp.

240lbs is small for a strongman although at 6% bf maybe not. A lot of strongmen are well over the 300lbs mark gut and all the extra weight is still advantageous so bulking up should be a priority.

It’s hard to design a specific cycle without knowing his cycle history but I would advise looking into the following compounds

Injectables to use: tren, test, deca

Tabs to use: halo, dbol , adrol

One of the biggest keys to doing well in strongman comps is event specific training so makes sure he is not just pumping iron but out there flipping tyres etc.
    240lbs is small in general, but I competed against Kevin Nee when he was 248 and no one at the contest could touch him, and there where many guys over 300. Now at 265-270 kevin is making a huge mark in the pro ranks.

As for training, like mentioned above, and what I said earlier I have seen guys who have vastly enhanced their performance more the first year from mastering technique vs cycling.

Thread Information