BELLICOSE is offline Banned

Testing walk-ons

i'm walking on to a d1 football team as a kicker. Does the ncaa test walkons? Do they test kickers? I've already started my sust cycle and don't want to have to stop now.

maxmus is offline Junior Member
    I think that they do random test to whoever they want, but I am not sure.

DeadlyForce is offline Banned
    Being a walkon has nothing to do with it. Random testing is for everyone, whether you are a scholorship player, or not.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

am i missing something??

deadly, why do you have getting stupids back as your avatar?!!hmmmmmmmmmm sounds shady to me.could it be the same person??

showtime is offline Junior Member
    I am absolutely positive that they test walkons.....for example i play college baseball and were taking a drugtest tomorrow, that means everybody that plans on playing baseball has to be there to take the urinalysis but they only pick like 10% of the people on each team b/c the tests are so expensive

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    It is random, no they dont target walk ons...

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by showtime
    I am absolutely positive that they test walkons.....for example i play college baseball and were taking a drugtest tomorrow, that means everybody that plans on playing baseball has to be there to take the urinalysis but they only pick like 10% of the people on each team b/c the tests are so expensive

I am a walk on. They test two times a year, fall and spring. They selected 12 players on are team, and then half where drug tested, its all random. But you better talk to the coaches they can only accept 3 players in the fall.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member

Re: am i missing something??

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    deadly, why do you have getting stupids back as your avatar?!!hmmmmmmmmmm sounds shady to me.could it be the same person??
    That won't last

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    I am a walkon as well footballcat...with us it is 8 in the fall. Me and 7 linemen....

BELLICOSE is offline Banned
    nevermind, i just find out i can't even practice till the springl. Its timne to grow

ironmaster is offline Associate Member
    By definition, a walk-on has not yet "made" the team. Scout team players who don't dress and don't travel are in the same situation. You don't sign the NCAA testing consent agreement until you accept a D1 scholarship or make the team. All D1a football players are scholarship players. Your university may have some seperate testing requirements, though. Both my sons were tested within 48 hours of arriving at school, after signing the NCAA paperwork in the summer.

showtime is offline Junior Member
    well i play college baseball and i don't know much a/b what they do for football, but i know that i have to take a urinalysis today and so does my friend(who is a walkon) maybe some schools prefer different things. for us we have to take a test before tryouts even begin.

Thread Information