Question DHT inhibitor while on cycle and/or after cycle

I've done 2 cycles before, i've used enanthate , deca , d-bol and plan on using other compounds later on. I've noticed my hairline has been getting higher and my hairs thinning at the front. im serious into bodybuilding and plan on continuing cycling but i also find my hair to be very important to me. So i've decided to start using a dht inhibitor and i have some questions to ask and would appreciate all your answers..

1. first which would be better to use, duta or finasteride??

2. i know using a dht inhibitor during a cycle can reduce gains, but how much??

3. should you use a dht inhibitor during and after a cycle or is using it during a cycle good enough??

4. since dht is an anti-estrogen and your using a dht inhibitor during a cycle, does that mean you have to use an anti-estrogen during a cycle?? and how much will that reduce gains, using a dht inhibitor and an anti-estrogen during cycle?
    Last edited by bossman_1986; 08-20-2007 at 11:54 AM.

bump

cmon guys, help a brother out

bump

NightWolf is offline Member
    1. Duta is stronger but fina is enough to do the job.

2. Dont know, the really is no 100% sure answer to this.

3. During cycle.

4. well that depends on how prone you are to gyno, but offcourse if you lower your DHT you will be in a greater risk of gyno since there will be a littel more estrogen floating around.

gooer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman_1986
    I've done 2 cycles before, i've used enanthate , deca , d-bol and plan on using other compounds later on. I've noticed my hairline has been getting higher and my hairs thinning at the front. im serious into bodybuilding and plan on continuing cycling but i also find my hair to be very important to me. So i've decided to start using a dht inhibitor and i have some questions to ask and would appreciate all your answers..

1. first which would be better to use, duta or finasteride??

2. i know using a dht inhibitor during a cycle can reduce gains, but how much??

3. should you use a dht inhibitor during and after a cycle or is using it during a cycle good enough??

4. since dht is an anti-estrogen and your using a dht inhibitor during a cycle, does that mean you have to use an anti-estrogen during a cycle?? and how much will that reduce gains, using a dht inhibitor and an anti-estrogen during cycle?

1. duta's better but will have more sides - kills sex drive, may make you softer/hinder gains more, not much long term testing has been done on the effects of dutasteride on the body.

2. I gained 25 pounds on sustanon while taking .5 dutasteride a day. some people say it doesn't hinder gains at all because when you block dht you up testosterone .

3. official response is when you get off it you'll lose your hair that it was maintaining, but i only use it when i cycle, during pct, and for a month or so after and my hair thickens back up again.

4. there have been cases of duta alone causing gyno. it's gonna up your estrogen levels a bit, even finasteride will. you should probably use a low dose of arimidex (.25 EOD) to counteract that

keep in mind the dht inhibitor is only gonna work for test. not with deca and d bol.. some people say deca and a dht inhibitor actually makes you lose MORE hair than just deca alone. so you might want to try a topical solution.

good luck bro

Quote Originally Posted by gooer
    1. duta's better but will have more sides - kills sex drive, may make you softer/hinder gains more, not much long term testing has been done on the effects of dutasteride on the body.

2. I gained 25 pounds on sustanon while taking .5 dutasteride a day. some people say it doesn't hinder gains at all because when you block dht you up testosterone .

3. official response is when you get off it you'll lose your hair that it was maintaining, but i only use it when i cycle, during pct, and for a month or so after and my hair thickens back up again.

4. there have been cases of duta alone causing gyno. it's gonna up your estrogen levels a bit, even finasteride will. you should probably use a low dose of arimidex (.25 EOD) to counteract that

keep in mind the dht inhibitor is only gonna work for test. not with deca and d bol.. some people say deca and a dht inhibitor actually makes you lose MORE hair than just deca alone. so you might want to try a topical solution.

good luck bro
    thanks for replying guys

yea i heard about this so i did some research and i came across some threads saying that it will make you lose your hair more and i saw some threads saying that this is false, so now im confused cause my next cycle is going to be enanthate , deca , d-bol

gooer is offline Associate Member
    thanks for replying guys

yea i heard about this so i did some research and i came across some threads saying that it will make you lose your hair more and i saw some threads saying that this is false, so now im confused cause my next cycle is going to be enanthate, deca, d-bol
    yeah i don't know the answer on the deca and dht inhibitor, we'll have to see what other people say. i want deca in my next cycle as well.

or you could try substituting eq for the deca.. the dht inhibitor will block that.

Quote Originally Posted by gooer
    yeah i don't know the answer on the deca and dht inhibitor, we'll have to see what other people say. i want deca in my next cycle as well.

or you could try substituting eq for the deca.. the dht inhibitor will block that.
    i love deca

so does anybody have any information on this?? using a dht inhibitor with a cycle with deca in it??

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I have the answers you desire
    Use a DHT blocker whenever you run test, regardless of what other compounds you are running. The only possible exception being very low test high deca cycle, but really the idea of deca + dht blocker = hair toxic is bull-crap.
    Dutasteride is a stronger DHT blocker, but you should begin at least a week before your cycle, it has a five week half life and takes some time to build up. You can frontload it at 2.5mg a day for 2 weeks, this is shown in studies to reach max concentraton of what you would get at .5mg ed. I like a dose of .25mg ed and feel this is more than sufficent.
    A DHT blocker will have no impact on your gains negitivly as DHT is not active in muscle. In fact muscle destroys DHT rapidly rather than produces it. If anything the anabolic enviroment is better with a DHT blocker as the testosterone won't be lost to DHT conversion. The only possible benefit to DHT would be more aggression in the gym, but I think that' s a stupid sacrifice for your hair. IMO you don't need DHT to get pissed off at the weights.
    Any loss of sexual desire due to lower DHT will be more than offset by the increase in testosterone of being on cycle. Many people don't have a loss of libido off cycle with a dht blocker.
    DHT has an inhibitory action on breast tissue so you will be more gyno prone. Run a mild AI, and stay on the lookout for gyno. The increase in testosterone will also have an inhibitory action as it tips the androgenic /estogenic balance so the higer tendency of gyno may not be that big a factor.
    I'm on dutasteride on cycle and off for the last 6 months at .5mg eod. No issues to report. DHT blockers really have minimal sides when you get down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    Use a DHT blocker whenever you run test, regardless of what other compounds you are running. The only possible exception being very low test high deca cycle, but really the idea of deca + dht blocker = hair toxic is bull-crap.
    Dutasteride is a stronger DHT blocker, but you should begin at least a week before your cycle, it has a five week half life and takes some time to build up. You can frontload it at 2.5mg a day for 2 weeks, this is shown in studies to reach max concentraton of what you would get at .5mg ed. I like a dose of .25mg ed and feel this is more than sufficent.
    A DHT blocker will have no impact on your gains negitivly as DHT is not active in muscle. In fact muscle destroys DHT rapidly rather than produces it. If anything the anabolic enviroment is better with a DHT blocker as the testosterone won't be lost to DHT conversion. The only possible benefit to DHT would be more aggression in the gym, but I think that' s a stupid sacrifice for your hair. IMO you don't need DHT to get pissed off at the weights.
    Any loss of sexual desire due to lower DHT will be more than offset by the increase in testosterone of being on cycle. Many people don't have a loss of libido off cycle with a dht blocker.
    DHT has an inhibitory action on breast tissue so you will be more gyno prone. Run a mild AI, and stay on the lookout for gyno. The increase in testosterone will also have an inhibitory action as it tips the androgenic /estogenic balance so the higer tendency of gyno may not be that big a factor.
    I'm on dutasteride on cycle and off for the last 6 months at .5mg eod. No issues to report. DHT blockers really have minimal sides when you get down to it.
    good info

do they still sell duta here?? i dont see it anymore

bump to see if anybody else has anymore info

spooledup is offline Banned
    Has anyone tried Beta Sitosterol for their DHT inhibitor?

Used it for acne and it made a very noticable difference.Very easily obtained and no sides. Well, I thought it bloated me out some but not real bad.

Uses
    Alone and in combination with similar phytosterols, β-sitosterol reduces blood levels of cholesterol, and is sometimes used in treating hypercholesterolemia.

One small study shows a positive effect on male hair loss in combination with Saw palmetto.[1]

There is some belief that it plays some role in the possible benefits of herbal therapy of benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH). β-sitosterol itself is used as a medicine in Europe for BPH.

Prager N, Bickett K, French N, Marcovici G (2002). "A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to determine the effectiveness of botanically derived inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia". Journal of alternative and complementary medicine (New York, N.Y.) 8 (2): 143-52.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitosterol#_note-0
    http://www.hair-loss-adviser.com/nat...hair_loss.html

EYAYO is offline New Member
    i use hair genesis, look into it.

TEST_ME! is offline Associate Member
    nice one Kratos,alot of good info.shot

so does anybody know if they're still selling duta or finasteride here??

bump for this question

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Bump

cmon..somebody has to know

JAY_WD is offline Member
    PM me dude and i will give you the link

JAY_WD is offline Member

As you say run a mild AI, what would you recommend as a mild AI and what would the dosage be?

JAY_WD is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAY_WD
    As you say run a mild AI, what would you recommend as a mild AI and what would the dosage be?

bump..

i read the profile of finasteride in the steroid .com profile and they say it does reduce your gains?

jvc565 is offline New Member
    i read the profile of finasteride in the steroid.com profile and they say it does reduce your gains?
    That's just theory. You will have less DHT which is highly androgenic , but if you've done your homework, the cycle you are on will have such high amounts of AAS in it that it doesn't matter.

Anaholic is offline Associate Member
    http://www.ar-r.com/shop/product_inf...roducts_id=109

ARR has dutasteride. Their shipping is really fast right now.

ok guys i got one more question on this subject:

Since dutasteride inhibits most of your dht, wouldn't that kill alot of your strength gains on cycle since dht is a big part in strength gains??

Quote Originally Posted by bossman_1986 View Post

Since dutasteride inhibits most of your dht, wouldn't that kill alot of your strength gains on cycle since dht is a big part in strength gains??
    bump

bump
    ...bump..where's kratos, he always has good answers for these dht questions!

bumpp

bumppp

bumpppp

bumppppp

Thread Information