markdessler1 is offline Junior Member

Military Testing--Canadian Forces

So i've been using steroids for about 3 years now, and I just got accepted into the Canadian Forces as a medical officer. Do they test for steroids during your career? Or is it just recreational drugs (ie: crack, weed and the works)??? I know many people have asked this question but i don't exactly want to be thrown out on my first week on the job.

thanks
    mark

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    not sure about canadian but i know the military in the united states does not test for steroids unless caught with them or they think you are

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    canada has a military ?

HardCharger is offline Associate Member
    I can vouch for that! Coming up on 8 years in and no problems.

MrTAME is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james21
    canada has a military ?

Nice....

I have been in the military now for four years. You have nothing to worry about unless they set up a sting operation. Keep it hush and downlow. The only people I know that have been busted in the CF is by Narcs ( ****in bitches ) and by sting operations. They set up their stings good...the stings are more if they know of a large population in a single base is using a certain substance. Or like the navy in Victoria, half a ship got busted for cocaine use...it was a mine sweeper...there were a lot of underlying issues with everyone on that ship to begin with.

Bottom line is...don't tell anyone you are on the sauce. Obviously, if you are going to have a good career in the forces ( or any for that matter), don't even touch carcodics or other drugs like that.

As for being tested...I have never been tested since the first day I got in. the military has been known to give random drug testing to people going over seas and upwards of 10% of them failing. I am almost positive they don't check for steroids though. Its a specific test that costs a bit more money.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTAME
    Nice....

I have been in the military now for four years. You have nothing to worry about unless they set up a sting operation. Keep it hush and downlow. The only people I know that have been busted in the CF is by Narcs ( ****in bitches ) and by sting operations. They set up their stings good...the stings are more if they know of a large population in a single base is using a certain substance. Or like the navy in Victoria, half a ship got busted for cocaine use...it was a mine sweeper...there were a lot of underlying issues with everyone on that ship to begin with.

Bottom line is...don't tell anyone you are on the sauce. Obviously, if you are going to have a good career in the forces ( or any for that matter), don't even touch carcodics or other drugs like that.

As for being tested...I have never been tested since the first day I got in. the military has been known to give random drug testing to people going over seas and upwards of 10% of them failing. I am almost positive they don't check for steroids though. Its a specific test that costs a bit more money.
    Ok brilliant, I think what i'll do is probably just keep it somewere else than the base, and will definitely not tell people i'am on it. I'am just freaked if they go and test for it, i'll be totally ****ed, and face it, i need them to pay for my residency and i don't really feel like loosing my licence and facing jail time.
    max

Atomini is offline Banned
    I used to be in the Canadian Forces. They don't test for roids. Just recreational drugs. Just don't tell people you're on it and don't give anyone reason to suspect so, because some asshole officer above you can potentially get a specific steroid test. Though in the regiment I was in, there was one guy there who was juicing and he even went around telling everyone that he was, and he got the nickname 'Juice'. Even all of the senior NCOs and higher up officers knew, and nothing happened to him. Anyways, he never got caught or tested and I think it mostly depends on who is above you and what they think and/or their attitudes towards you is.

brilliant thanks for the information
    mark

Thread Information