tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member

Help....they F~*ked Up!!

Help....they F~*ked Up!!

My Pharmacy-Lab sent me 1" needles instead of 1.5"

I've been doing glut shots with 1.5"....no problem and i reordered but they told me it would take 2 weeks to get the 1.5"(sigh).

I'm afraid the juice won't go in the muscle....

Can i do Glut Shots with 1"?

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I always use 1 inch with glutes, just shoot more towards the side of the ass because theres a lot less fat.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    just shoot quads

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    just hit another muscle. quads, delts, medial glute, pecs, etc.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    delts

Mr Tick is offline Associate Member
    From what i have been reading probably not unless your really lean. I have read of people doing quad shots with a 1" but not glute. Maby some vets will know something for sure tho as i cant say. Only commenting on what i have seen.

Mr Tick is offline Associate Member
    lol 4 replys at once

Second2None is offline Banned
    g e t p i n z . c o m
    there fast

nyjetsfan86 is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^ thats where i order from delivery within 2-3 days

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys....appreciate it. I'm placing my order tonight...

~T

Discoshit is offline New Member
    Computed tomographic measurement of gluteal subcutaneous fat thickness in reference to failure of gluteal intramuscular injections.

OBJECTIVE: Casual observation of gluteal region fat thickness on computed tomography (CT) of the pelvis leads to the hypothesis that, in some individuals, intended intramuscular injections are not properly deposited in the gluteal muscle. We gathered and analyzed data to determine whether this hypothesis was true. METHODS: CT scans of the pelvis were analyzed over an 18-day period in the fall of 2005. The thickness of gluteal region subcutaneous fat was measured in a standardized manner. RESULTS: Measurement of gluteal region subcutaneous fat thickness was performed for 298 pelvic CT scans. There were 150 male subjects and 148 female subjects. The average gluteal fat thickness for female subjects was 33.2 mm, whereas the average for male subjects was 23.1 mm (That's 0.9 inch). Analysis revealed a significant difference in gluteal region fat thickness between male and female subjects. A 37-mm needle (1.5 inch), allowing for 6-mm penetration of the gluteal muscle, would not have entered the gluteal muscle fibres in 81 of 148 female subjects (54.7%), in 21 of 150 male subjects (14%), and in 102 of the 298 total sample (34.2%). Analysis revealed a significant difference between male and female subjects with regard to gluteal muscle needle penetration. CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION: An overall predicted failure rate of 34% was identified for intended gluteal intramuscular injections when the standard technique was used. This is important information for care providers who inject medications in the gluteal region. In a significant number of patients, the medications will be injected subcutaneously and not into the gluteal musculature, possibly altering the pharmacokinetics of the administered medication. An alternative injection site should probably be chosen to increase the success rate of intramuscular deposition of medications and vaccines in unselected adults.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    A one inch (25 mm) needle should be adequate for both the deltoid or the quad unless u're fat. For glute injection you need a minimum of 1.5 inch and maybe more if you're overweight.

Thread Information