liftin4life is offline Associate Member

OUCH! Hit nerve in hand!

So I finished my quad injection...no problem.

Then I accidentally stick myself in my hand and OH MY GOD it hurt! It was in the area right between my thumb and index finger on the top of my hand. The pain shot all through my hand and down my forearm and I had trouble closing my hand as hard as normal.

I looked on google and found out that there is a nerve RIGHT there (just had to be my luck) called the median nerve that runs all the way up the arm and all throughout the hand.

My hand still feels funny today when I grip things, but is better than yesterday.

Has anyone hit a nerve before...anywhere? How long did it take you to feel normal again?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OUCH! Hit nerve in hand!-median-nerve-hand.gif  

Facecrash is offline Member
    like 2 months ago I sliced my finger with a steak knife and partially severed the nerve. I was out of the gym for 2 weeks then went back in. I lost feeling in that finger, which is now starting to come back. I think my injury was worse so you should feel ok within a week. if not I would see a doc.

sarcomere is offline Junior Member
    Median nerve is on the bottom (palm) of you hand not the top. If cut nerves can regenerate within about a month.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    I slipped when I was doing some filtering and put an 18g 1 inch THROUGH my hand in the same place... IT SUCKED!!! I left it in for a second to show my room mates!

TexN343 is offline Associate Member
    Docs told me nerves grow and an inch a month when I got a blood clot from trama. Still don't have control over have the front outside of the legs, muscle that lifts your foot. It's been over 2 years since and I haven't found anyway to bring back my nerve. I was thinking IFG but I was told even that is just wishing.

DavidYork2 is offline Associate Member
    When I read the post title I thought you had tried to inject into your hand!

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    one time while playing lacrosse someone swung their stick and nailed me right underneath my glove on the bottom of my wrist. It hit a nerve, cuz my hand instantly went numb, and i couldnt feel it for about a month. After a month it slowly started to work again tho. I hit nerve all the time injecting. I used to use 1 inch 21's for my shoulders, i would nail them all the time. Now i switched to .5 inch 25's, havent hit nearly as many nerves

liftin4life is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidYork2
    HAHAHA! Of course, but only Synthol! Gotta have the biggest palms EVER! I can see it now: "The man whose PALMS exploded!"

RICK79916 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidYork2

Same here!

I've been through something similar....took me 1 1/2 weeks to fully recover from the soreness!

cookiemonstR is offline Associate Member
    oh ****, that sounds like it would hurt.

Thread Information