jvc565 is offline New Member

Finasteride dosage while on cycle - is 1mg enough?

Finasteride is generally used in 1mg dosages to treat hair loss, 5mg for prostate.

I read an Anthony Roberts article on here that said Finasteride can be used on cycles following the manufacturers guidelines (which would be 1-2mg for hairloss)

I already started taking Finasteride 1mg ED for an upcomming Test-E cycle. [I also started taking .25mg Arimidex ED - but unrelated to this topic]

If a 1mg dosage is sufficient for treating someone that is NOT on a cycle, it seems as though this would need to be increased substantially to compensate for the extra testosterone in the system.

The reasoning: Finasteride inhibits the Test conversion to DHT. Well there is going to be a shitload of Test in my system so there needs to be a shitload more inhibition to keep the DHT down so my scalp stays safe. My question is:

Should I increase the Finasteride dose to 5mg while on the cycle?

My cycle history is 2 cycles, first was a standard 8 weeker of test (followed by Anthony Roberts PCT). The second was 9 months later. I ran a 4-week Prop + Tren (75mg + 75mg ED) followed by AR PCT. My hair thinned after the first cycle, and thinned more on the second. The TREN KICKED ASS AND WAS WORTH IT!!! but my hairline paid the price.

For this upcomming cycle I'm going to run a standard 500mg/week Test-E, Monday/Thursday 250mg injections, frontload the first week at 1000mg. I think I'm going to pull the plug on the Test-E around week 6 and switch over to prop for the last week or two. (I bought enough test-E to go with 750mg/week though - so we'll see) I'm definitely running Finasteride and am considering the topical hairloss shit as well.

bump

epno is offline Junior Member

Finasteride and DHT Derived AS

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but it sounds like you're on the right track increasing the dose during your cycle, especially since you had hairline problems in the past. Do you know if Finasteride inhibits the effectiveness of DHT derived AS?

Quote Originally Posted by jvc565
    Finasteride is generally used in 1mg dosages to treat hair loss, 5mg for prostate.

I read an Anthony Roberts article on here that said Finasteride can be used on cycles following the manufacturers guidelines (which would be 1-2mg for hairloss)

I already started taking Finasteride 1mg ED for an upcomming Test-E cycle. [I also started taking .25mg Arimidex ED - but unrelated to this topic]

If a 1mg dosage is sufficient for treating someone that is NOT on a cycle, it seems as though this would need to be increased substantially to compensate for the extra testosterone in the system.

The reasoning: Finasteride inhibits the Test conversion to DHT. Well there is going to be a shitload of Test in my system so there needs to be a shitload more inhibition to keep the DHT down so my scalp stays safe. My question is:

Should I increase the Finasteride dose to 5mg while on the cycle?

My cycle history is 2 cycles, first was a standard 8 weeker of test (followed by Anthony Roberts PCT). The second was 9 months later. I ran a 4-week Prop + Tren (75mg + 75mg ED) followed by AR PCT. My hair thinned after the first cycle, and thinned more on the second. The TREN KICKED ASS AND WAS WORTH IT!!! but my hairline paid the price.

For this upcomming cycle I'm going to run a standard 500mg/week Test-E, Monday/Thursday 250mg injections, frontload the first week at 1000mg. I think I'm going to pull the plug on the Test-E around week 6 and switch over to prop for the last week or two. (I bought enough test-E to go with 750mg/week though - so we'll see) I'm definitely running Finasteride and am considering the topical hairloss shit as well.
    bump

bump

i think this is a good question and would like to know too

mickdiesel is offline Senior Member
    I don't the terminology to explain it and soun all md but this is how it works:

when taking a drug you can only take a certain amount before you get a diminishing marginal return per mg of drug. 2mg is the point where fina reaches its peak of effectivity on the scalp. no matter how much dht you have in ur body u only have a certain amount receptors and 2mg of fina can tak are of them all.

this analogy may help u understand better:
    if you have a ball with 50 holes in and u poor water on it, the water will go through the wholes. indiscriminantof how much water u poor, it will go in the holes. now if u plug all 50 holes no water water will get in the ball. no matter how much water u poor, none will get through because all the holes are plugged.

the holes in the ball are dht receptors in ur scalp. the ball is ur head. so if all of ur receptor cites are occupied it doesn't matter how much dht you have in ur body, it'll still be effective. the only worry is half life and dosing at the right times

scubadoo is offline Junior Member

bump

anyone else have input.? so 2mg seems to be the only vote so far

SNUKA is offline Member
    the half life is 6 hours so i take 2.5mg in the morning and 2.5mg at night. i take this off cycle everyday

Quote Originally Posted by mickdiesel

when taking a drug you can only take a certain amount before you get a diminishing marginal return per mg of drug. 2mg is the point where fina reaches its peak of effectivity on the scalp. no matter how much dht you have in ur body u only have a certain amount receptors and 2mg of fina can tak are of them all.

if you have a ball with 50 holes in and u poor water on it, the water will go through the wholes. indiscriminantof how much water u poor, it will go in the holes. now if u plug all 50 holes no water water will get in the ball. no matter how much water u poor, none will get through because all the holes are plugged.

the holes in the ball are dht receptors in ur scalp. the ball is ur head. so if all of ur receptor cites are occupied it doesn't matter how much dht you have in ur body, it'll still be effective. the only worry is half life and dosing at the right times
    This is perfect - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SNUKA
    the half life is 6 hours so i take 2.5mg in the morning and 2.5mg at night. i take this off cycle everyday
    Any idea why doctors don't prescribe it in 2x/day dosages? It seems like you would always want to keep the blood levels as consistent as possible. A dose like this is the way to do it.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Quote Originally Posted by mickdiesel

Finasteride does not inhibit DHT at the receptor level but rather at the enzymatic level. 5mg will tie up more of the enzyme than 1mg. There are diminishing returns but 5mg means your body produces less dht than 1mg. Even if you eliminate all the DHT from your body you may still see hairloss on cycle, as testosterone itself is toxic to the follicles. All other steroids are for the sake of oversimplification unchanged, unaffected, and undiminished in effectiveness by a 5-ar blocker.

Anaholic is offline Associate Member
    Great info on this thread.

sitries is offline Associate Member
    1mg did the job for me on my test cycle. there are unwanted side effects associated with finasteride and therefore i would never take 5mg. 2mg maybe.

Kratos - are you saying that finasteride is only effective at combating hairloss with test??? do you know anything about the rumour of test, deca and finasteride not being compatible (this combo is said to speed up the hairloss process even more)?? or is that not true??

EYAYO is offline New Member
    so whens the best time to take it?

SNUKA is offline Member
    Any idea why doctors don't prescribe it in 2x/day dosages? It seems like you would always want to keep the blood levels as consistent as possible. A dose like this is the way to do it.
    I don't know to tell you the truth. There is only one doctor that I was recently reading about said he has his patients take 1mg in the am and 1mg in the pm.

Quote Originally Posted by sitries
    1mg did the job for me on my test cycle. there are unwanted side effects associated with finasteride and therefore i would never take 5mg. 2mg maybe.

Kratos - are you saying that finasteride is only effective at combating hairloss with test??? do you know anything about the rumour of test, deca and finasteride not being compatible (this combo is said to speed up the hairloss process even more)?? or is that not true??
    What are the unwanted sides? DHT sucks, who needs it.

Yes I am saying that finasteride is only effective at combating hairloss with test. It's that simple. The only exception mabe EQ to a small degree.

Test deca and finasteride are compatible. The rumor is having a 5-ar blocker will keep deca from converting to dihydro-nandrolone , something less hair toxic than nadrolone itself. In my opinion you are better off with the 5-ar blocker, and avoid the extra DHT that will be converting for the testosterone . The only exception being a low dose test cycle with high dose deca. Nandrolone's affinity for the 5-ar enzyme is probably nowhere near as high as testosterone anyway.

Action on the enzyme is much longer than the halflife of the drug, so stable blood levels are not needed. It takes over a week after a single dose of finasteride for enzyme activity to return to normal. On the other hand there is no down side to stable blood levels.

steerd is offline New Member
    I dont trust the liquid sites so I buy the 1mg tablets here without a prescription
    allneededpharmacy.com/?wm=10034&tr=8027

Where you guys buy it?

AnabolicDoc is offline Knowledgeable Member
    not sure if this was mentioned but dutasteride is supposed to have even stronger restoration of hair loss as in inhibits both types 1 and 2 of 5 alpha reductase. Finasteride only inhibits type 2. The reason dutast is not used often for the indication of hair loss prevention is bc of increased severity and frequency of side effects, such as decreased libido, gyno (decreasing DHT:E2 ratio), body hair loss, and decreased fertility.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Doesn't it also take a long time to build up? Does finasteride take so long? Can I just start and stop?

toilet is offline Banned
    Yeah I heard that you need to be on it for a year for it to so anything and thus taking it specifically for a cycle is pointless. Any insight?

Thread Information