DLIZZLE is offline New Member

Has anyone ever heard of steroids causing low platelets in your blood count?

I was bruzing really bad and was addmited to the hospital with an extremely low count of platelets in my blood. Has any one ever heard of steroids having this kind of effect on your blood? My red blood cells, white blood cells, and liver enzymes were fine? Please let me know.

Mars2you2 is offline New Member
    I use Anadrol @ 100mg daily solely for the purpose of low blood counts... ( i have severe bone marrow failure).. but at 50mg a day, my counts were still dropping... this is my 4th week and they pushed it up to 100 to see if that will help...but it is "suppose to help in the RBC"...but no drastic drops in the platletts (yet)... what did you drop to.... as long as your over 80Thous. your still ok.... even the low 100's is ok...not ideal, but still safe. It's when you drop in the 60-70's that it is very dangerous. Good Luck and God Speed.

PowerHouse555 is offline Associate Member
    What are you taking? Do you eat "Red Meat"? Multi Vit?

DLIZZLE is offline New Member
    I was admitted to the hospital with only 10K platelets. I am now back up to 35K. They have me on prednizon, and in the hospital I was given IGG and had to also have a treatment called ritoxima. They do not feel the drop was from steroid use . They think I had some sort of virus. Yes I eat red meat. I usaully take test deca and winni. Yes I also take multi vitamins.

Thread Information