Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries

check this out !!!!!

From Anthony Roberts Blog .....

Breakup of Drug Ring Is Momentary Victory By DUFF WILSONPublished: September 29, 2007, NY Ti****n Monday a federal prosecutor and a Drug EnforcementAdministration chief each said that international law enforcementactions to cut off the flow of steroid powder from China to theUnited States were “aiming at the head of the dragon.” But that is the wrong metaphor, said Anthony Roberts, a New Jerseyman who has written three books on steroids and bodybuilding andoperates a blog. “It’s not a dragon, it’s a hydra,” Roberts said in a telephoneinterview yesterday. “Once there’s a gap in the market, people fillthat gap.” Indeed, federal officials said that one crackdown after another hadshown how difficult it was to break up the sprawling market forillegal performance-enhancing drugs. “We’re cutting off many heads,” Steve Robertson, a special agentand spokesman for the D.E.A., said yesterday. “Will new heads grow back? Yeah. That’s the nature of the drugbusiness.” In 2002, the D.E.A. knocked out the biggest supplier of illegalsteroids to the United States to date in Operation TKO againstLaboratorios Ttokkyo, a Mexican factory marketing steroids andketamine as veterinary products. In 2005, Operation Gear Grinder, billed by the D.E.A. as thelargest steroid bust in history, led to the prosecution of eightother Mexican factories that supplied an estimated 82 percent ofillegal steroids in the United States. This week the D.E.A. announced a new record for the largest steroidenforcement action: Operation Raw Deal against the more than 124people and 56 underground laboratories that had been buying steroidpowder from China, the source of 99 percent of the chemicalsentering the illicit market, according to the D.E.A. Enforcement officials trumpeted their successes at news conferencesin five cities Monday, aimed at warning the youth of America aboutthe physical and criminal dangers of steroid use . But they wouldnever say they had won. “Drug trafficking organizations and the individuals they supplywill attempt to adapt to the success of Operation Raw Deal,” JohnP. Gilbride, special agent in charge of the New York office of theD.E.A., said in an interview Thursday. “What we will do is to be diligent in terms of identifying any newtrends.” Two investigators who worked on the global steroid cases, who spokeon the condition of anonymity because their investigation wascontinuing, described each case as comparable to plugging holes ina dike. “We figured we would have a big impact if we shut down Mexico,” oneof the investigators said. “What we didn’t see coming is we createda much larger and more complex problem for the D.E.A. We didn’t hitthe source.” The Chinese steroid powder suppliers and American undergroundlaboratories became blatant in advertising and selling throughpassword-protected Web sites, anonymous e-mail services andsecretive financial transactions. Surveillance and federalsubpoenas scooped up all those avenues of information, theinvestigators said. In February, officials for the D.E.A. and the Food and DrugAdministration traveled to Beijing to tell their counterparts aboutthe flood of different steroid powders coming from China. Theywanted to give the Chinese ample time to fix the problem before the2008 Olympics, the investigators said. Within a week, the Chinesegovernment posted a new list of chemicals that were illegal toexport. That helped dry up the supply to underground laboratories for awhile and accelerated the evidence gathering against dealers whothought they could “wait out the storm,” the investigators said. Operation Raw Deal was brought home with an international takedowndate in 27 states and 9 foreign countries. Federal authorities have given the Chinese government theirdossiers on 37 companies involved in the steroid trade. “HittingChina we hope will have more impact than anything we have donedomestically,” one of the investigators said. Web sites that advertised steroid powder are still underinvestigation. Robertson said the largest distributors would betargeted. Federal agents are also trying to identify tens of thousands ofbuyers through shipping, financial and e-mail records and say theyplan to pursue many of them. “We haven’t even scrubbed the surface yet,” one investigator said.“We’re essentially dismantling the industry
    Last edited by Merc..; 09-29-2007 at 09:44 AM.

Serotonin is offline Member
    Maybe China will just continue in their trend of giving the US a giant middle finger?

That would be nice.

MrTAME is offline Associate Member
    "essentially dismantling the industry" HA HA, good luck.

Why don't they put their money into something useful like trying to stop the cocaine from comming into the states? people die because of cocaine use. Not to mention the gang warfare related to drug dealing which kills people everyday. How often do you hear of a "steroid " realted overdose? or some gang on the street pushing deca and getting shot by the other gang across the street dealing test E? Never? thats what I thought. The american dollar is having problems right now and I can't believe they are wasting their money on these investigations. When there is a DEMAND someone will find a way to SUPPLY it. there will always be money to be made in any supply and demand economy, whether it be illegally or legally. I think that the gov't should just put their money to more useful things thats all.
    I am sure its not really all that personal for the investigators. They are problem solvers and they have been presented with a puzzle, now solve it. Its what they do best, I just wish their knowledge and expertise could be used to "essentially dismantle the COCAINE industry", where people are being killed everyday. Present these investigators with that problem, now solve that problem.
    Just a rant...I got it out.

Serotonin is offline Member
    Wait a second, now you're saying you want them to go after my second favorite illegal industry? :O

j/k I agree.

Blog Entries
    I am on HRT and have always had a script from my doc ( so none of the bust concern me).. I just thought this was interesting ...

Merc.

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah Anthony's on top of it. I've been checking his blog daily since all this came down.

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTAME
    "essentially dismantling the industry" HA HA, good luck.

Why don't they put their money into something useful like trying to stop the cocaine from comming into the states? people die because of cocaine use. Not to mention the gang warfare related to drug dealing which kills people everyday. How often do you hear of a "steroid " realted overdose? or some gang on the street pushing deca and getting shot by the other gang across the street dealing test E? Never? thats what I thought. The american dollar is having problems right now and I can't believe they are wasting their money on these investigations. When there is a DEMAND someone will find a way to SUPPLY it. there will always be money to be made in any supply and demand economy, whether it be illegally or legally. I think that the gov't should just put their money to more useful things thats all.
    I am sure its not really all that personal for the investigators. They are problem solvers and they have been presented with a puzzle, now solve it. Its what they do best, I just wish their knowledge and expertise could be used to "essentially dismantle the COCAINE industry", where people are being killed everyday. Present these investigators with that problem, now solve that problem.
    Just a rant...I got it out.
    hey bro im right there with you. When this is out of the news, it willblow over. Yeah im sure my hard earned tax dollars could go towards feeding the homeless and education vs trying to stop something that cant be stopped. Im all for shutting down coke and other hazardous drug industries, but i dont think that will ever happen either.

Blog Entries
    Guys no rec drug discussions allowed on this board .. Please edit your post !!

Thank you !!!!

merc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ecto9
    Yeah Anthony's on top of it. I've been checking his blog daily since all this came down.
    His site has been getting so many hits it was down for a bit the other day ....

Merc.
    Last edited by Merc..; 09-30-2007 at 12:52 PM.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    new avi eh mecules

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    new avi eh mecules
    Mercules hahahha too funny ..

Your the first to notice I changed it .... lol

Merc.

Raven88 is offline Associate Member
    Why is this posted just today? This is already old news. I can't believe how many boards are still in circles over this. As the above article stated, "out with the old, in with the new". As long as there is a demand there will always be a supply.

The US has been fighting the war on drugs for how many decades? This is what you call a never-ending cycle. 50 labs go down, 100 more will probably spring up in their place.

JMO,

Expat is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven88
    Why is this posted just today? This is already old news. I can't believe how many boards are still in circles over this. As the above article stated, "out with the old, in with the new". As long as there is a demand there will always be a supply.

The US has been fighting the war on drugs for how many decades? This is what you call a never-ending cycle. 50 labs go down, 100 more will probably spring up in their place.

JMO,

wellll...if this is 'already old news.' why did you not share it w/ the rest of the folks here? I'ts called 'contribution' just in case you were not aware of how things are done here.

I see you have not been a member here very long....

but, knocking the content of what a 'contributing' member (and this is one member (Merc) that has and probably will 'contribute more than you probably ever will) is like stepping on your di$ck...get a life elsewhere

Blog Entries

JMO,

Its from yesterday SEPT 29 - 07 ( the news article ) ..

Merc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    new avi eh mecules

Mercster, was gonna comment on ur avvy as well , but got sidetracked, I like it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat

Mercster, was gonna comment on ur avvy as well , but got sidetracked, I like it

Thanks Expat !!!

Merc.

wellll...if this is 'already old news.' why did you not share it w/ the rest of the folks here? I'ts called 'contribution' just in case you were not aware of how things are done here.

I see you have not been a member here very long....

but, knocking the content of what a 'contributing' member (and this is one member (Merc) that has and probably will 'contribute more than you probably ever will) is like stepping on your di$ck...get a life elsewhere
    The indictments go back as far as May-July. I'm sorry if this board has not been kept abreast of these things in light of recent events, but I am a member at many other online communities and some are still in circles over this shit and others have already moved on.

Just because I just signed up on this particular board recently doesn't mean I haven't been in the game longer than "Operation Raw Deal" existed.

If it makes you feel better by trying to push a new member around, suit yourself. Just remember, it's not the post count that means anything, it's the quality of the posts made.

Please don't think that I am some newbie "high school" kid that you can bully around on the playground. I'm actually very well-respected on some other online communities and was always advised to not join this particular community because of all the "parrots" here. Well let me tell you...after lurking this board for the last 4-5 years I finally went against some other's advice and decided to give this place the benefit of the doubt and give it a shot. Up till now, to my satisfaction. But after a response like the one received by you, I now know why I was advised not to bother with this particular board.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate it and I hope you enjoy yourself here.

I have nothing further to add to this particular thread as I've made my point clear. For anybody that is "truly" in the know, we seen these events coming a long time ago. so in essence, yes, this is old news. Now move on with yourselves and get over it. What LE has done has been done and has been being done fore the last several years. Don't kid yourselves.

I'm done with this topic.

Respect,

Quote Originally Posted by Merc.
    Its from yesterday SEPT 29 - 07 ( the news article ) ..

Merc.
    The article was posted yesterday but the news goes back over a week ago.

Welcome to last week.

Blog Entries

JMO,
    Plus I thought it was Great how the article quoted Anthony Roberts and thats my reason for posting it !!

Merc.

Blog Entries
    The indictments go back as far as May-July. I'm sorry if this board has not been kept abreast of these things in light of recent events, but I am a member at many other online communities and some are still in circles over this shit and others have already moved on.

Just because I just signed up on this particular board recently doesn't mean I haven't been in the game longer than "Operation Raw Deal" existed.

If it makes you feel better by trying to push a new member around, suit yourself. Just remember, it's not the post count that means anything, it's the quality of the posts made.

Please don't think that I am some newbie "high school" kid that you can bully around on the playground. I'm actually very well-respected on some other online communities and was always advised to not join this particular community because of all the "parrots" here. Well let me tell you...after lurking this board for the last 4-5 years I finally went against some other's advice and decided to give this place the benefit of the doubt and give it a shot. Up till now, to my satisfaction. But after a response like the one received by you, I now know why I was advised not to bother with this particular board.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate it and I hope you enjoy yourself here.

I have nothing further to add to this particular thread as I've made my point clear. For anybody that is "truly" in the know, we seen these events coming a long time ago. so in essence, yes, this is old news. Now move on with yourselves and get over it. What LE has done has been done and has been being done fore the last several years. Don't kid yourselves.

I'm done with this topic.

Respect,

I don't care....

Blog Entries

Welcome to last week.

^ I don't care either.

I would like to see a direct link to this particular article. Not from AR's blog, but from the Times themselves. Obviously there should be a direct link to this article outside of AR's blog, right?

Who's to say that Tony didn't get this article and "insert" a brief clause in the article including himself, just to feel like he's some kind of key in the whole end-operation?

Blog Entries
    I don't care....

if you are 'done w/it why are you still here , your screen name is still listed as viewing this thread. btw...I am not a bully, and everyone that knows me here will attest to this fact, but u made a rude and unnecessary comment...I'm bored... and going to bed
    Last edited by Expat; 09-29-2007 at 10:54 PM. Reason: tired and sleepy

Blog Entries

Welcome to last week.
    As I said I am on HRT from my Doc and have been for years( so none of this even pertains to me).. I saw the article and thought it was interesting that they quoted Anthony Roberts from his phone interview ..

Merc.

Blog Entries
    ^ I don't care either.

I would like to see a direct link to this particular article. Not from AR's blog, but from the Times themselves. Obviously there should be a direct link to this article outside of AR's blog, right?

Who's to say that Tony didn't get this article and "insert" a brief clause in the article including himself, just to feel like he's some kind of key in the whole end-operation?

Then 'contribute'...

^ My "instant subscription" to threads "replied in" brought me back. I'm sorry.

Blog Entries
    ^ My "instant subscription" to threads "replied in" brought me back. I'm sorry.

yeah sure, and ur still here.....

Blog Entries
    ^ I don't care either.

Here ya go .. Right from the New York Times..

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/29/sp...ping.html?_r=1

Merc.

Blog Entries
    Plus I thought it was Great how the article quoted Anthony Roberts and thats my reason for posting it !!

Merc.

I really am tired and going to bed this time Merc , sorry about goin off topic here

As I said I am on HRT from my Doc and have been for years( so none of this even pertains to me).. I saw the article and thought it was interesting that they quoted Anthony Roberts from his phone interview ..

Merc.
    No disrespect whatsoever Merc. Like I said in another post, I've lurked this board for several years before I finally decided to sign up and YOU, have been very contributive in my eyes. All respect mate.

Now Expat, this is a new face. Where did "she" come from?

The only reason I fired back in this thread is because "she" took it upon herself to personally attack me.

I was not attempting to attack anyone in my first post in this thread. I simply wanted to state my OPINION.

yeah sure, and ur still here.....
    Because you keep replying, lol. Lemme change my subscription status on this post.............

There, Do not subscribe.

Hope you feel better now mate.

Here ya go .. Right from the New York Times..

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/29/sp...ping.html?_r=1

Merc.
    Thanks.

now that clears my theory as to whether AR doctored the article, but it doesn't clear my opinion in my first post in this thread that this is "old news". Anyway, I don't care, as I have no direct "potential" consequences as a result of recent events.

Just wanted to give my opinion here, that's all. Didn't think it would draw so much fire.

I said it before, but I'll say it one last time. I'm through with this one. Opinion gave, opinion rebuttaled, and opinion discoursed.

Thanks again for the link Merc.

Respect,

P.S. Expat, I can't be drawn back, lol...

Unsubscribed.

Sorry guys, wanted to add a disclaimer here:

I do not know Anthony "Roberts", but I do know this entity has been a very large contributer to this particular online community and that his interpretations on AAS's and related material have been extremely beneficial to this community.

Also:

This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal
    substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes and shall
    not take the place of qualified medical advice and should not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation for any illegal activity.

Respect,

Raven

Blog Entries
    ^ I don't care either.

Your accusations that AR inserted a brief clause ^^^^^^ Are absurd....

Merc.

Your accusations that AR inserted a brief clause ^^^^^^ Are absurd....

Merc.
    It wasn't an accusation, it was a theory. Look 'em up, two different things.

Look, I'm not going to chase tails with you on this. I asked for a direct link, you supplied it, and I thanked you. End of story.

Discrediting Tony would be a whole other story. And would make for a good debate. But that's beside the point. What drew fire in this thread was me simply stating that your original post is nothing new.

BTW, where are the MODs? This ridiculous thread doesn't even belong in this forum as this is an AAS Q & A forum, not news forum.

Blog Entries
    Where did I come from...well, as you can see I have been a member here since May 05...lurking for the majority of the time so that I could learn how this place ticked. First of all you don't attack someone for going to the trouble to share info, and u say 'I've lurked this board for several years before I finally decided to sign up' ... but ya know I don't know you from jack so, why should I believe you? I have also learned that there are some really polite people here, and guess what...you were rude to one of the most polite ones. (now if it had been Tai u went after, I would have probably sat back and enjoyed the fireworks like most folks here would have, cuz Tai would have gone for your jugular and it would have been fun to watch)...but it was the Mercster, and of course u see how he responded, on the defense and POLITE. btw, Merc you did not have to defend yourself, u did nothing wrong.

(my shrink tells me I am too naive, and take another's word too readily so I am trying to correct this problem)

And when u attack someone in my presence that I happen to admire, then it's on pal

Then, u start attacking this website... and u made an informed decision to join still after others warned u not too?

I may be an 'attention whore' and female but I will not stand by for rudeness.

No disrespect whatsoever Merc. Like I said in another post, I've lurked this board for several years before I finally decided to sign up and YOU, have been very contributive in my eyes. All respect mate.

Now Expat, this is a new face. Where did "she" come from?
    The only reason I fired back in this thread is because "she" took it upon herself to personally attack me.

I was not attempting to attack anyone in my first post in this thread. I simply wanted to state my OPINION.
    Last edited by Expat; 09-30-2007 at 07:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks.

now that clears my theory as to whether AR doctored the article, but it doesn't clear my opinion in my first post in this thread that this is "old news". Anyway, I don't care, as I have no direct "potential" consequences as a result of recent events.

Just wanted to give my opinion here, that's all. Didn't think it would draw so much fire.

I said it before, but I'll say it one last time. I'm through with this one. Opinion gave, opinion rebuttaled, and opinion discoursed.

Respect,

Unsubscribed.
    but I did draw u back

that's what I do for a living everyday, and I am quite good at it.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    haha. Im betting China will continue doing what it has to do, raking in tons of cash, however they can. Diplomacy and politics are all on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy
    haha. Im betting China will continue doing what it has to do, raking in tons of cash, however they can. Diplomacy and politics are all on the surface.
    I completely agree. Especially after the '08 olympics are over. It will be business as usual.

Blog Entries

Cool

I completely agree. Especially after the '08 olympics are over. It will be business as usual.
    Thanks.

Respect,

Unsubscribed.

So much for your theory that you could not be drawn back....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information