Dog-Slime is offline Senior Member

T3 As An Anabolic?

Hey guys I remember reading somewhere a while back about t3 being used at a low dose (cant remember how low/may not have been specified) on a bulking cycle, not to keep fat off, but to add mass (something about the shuttling of nutrients). I am just curious as to whether or not this is true or if anyone has tried this with success? If so what dose would you recommend? Also, if it sounds like a dumb idea to you please state why. I have plenty of t3 around with no cutting cycle in sight so even if it only added a couple pounds to my to cycle I would be satisfied.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Anabolic Review Profile: Cytomel (T3 - Liothyrine Sodium)

This will go into more detail but generally if you combine T3 with AAS and A caloric surplus it will increase your body's feed efficiency or use more nutrients that you consume to build muscle...

Ok... Any idea what a good dose for GAINING weight would be? Also, would a normal bulking diet suffice or should I bump up cals even higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Dog-Slime
    Ok... Any idea what a good dose for GAINING weight would be? Also, would a normal bulking diet suffice or should I bump up cals even higher?
    Well heres whats up a 12.5-15mcg dose is like a TRT dose of T3 if you do more like 25-40mcg it will speed up the gaining aslong as your eating the cals anything over 50-60 and youre metabolism goes into over drive and it would be hard to eat enough to keep the weight on =P

Ok thats kind of what I figured. Have you had success with this before?

Yes for cutting and bulking if you want check out my cycle.... I dont think I mentioned it but Im running 16.7mcgT3/75mcg T4 with it....

Winter Bulker...

Alright cool. Thanks bro

pimpdawgin is offline Associate Member
    The endocrine system is complicated and dynamic. Thyroid hormones (T3 and T4) aren't anabolic in higher doses (they will actually cause muscle loss in high doses), but in people with extremely low levels of thyroid hormones, there is growth stunting. I;m not sure why this happens, possibly due to various hormone interactions. So, in moderation, they may be anabolic.

Here, it talks about how hypothyroidism can slow bone growth, while hyperthyroidism can do the same, by causing the body to burn off too many sources of energy.

I just found this by doing a quick search of thyroid and growth in Google. If you go to PubMed, you can find tons of more detailed stuff.

http://healthresources.caremark.com/topic/growththyroid

Quote Originally Posted by pimpdawgin
    The endocrine system is complicated and dynamic. Thyroid hormones (T3 and T4) aren't anabolic in higher doses (they will actually cause muscle loss in high doses), but in people with extremely low levels of thyroid hormones, there is growth stunting. I;m not sure why this happens, possibly due to various hormone interactions. So, in moderation, they may be anabolic.

Here, it talks about how hypothyroidism can slow bone growth, while hyperthyroidism can do the same, by causing the body to burn off too many sources of energy.

I just found this by doing a quick search of thyroid and growth in Google. If you go to PubMed, you can find tons of more detailed stuff.

http://healthresources.caremark.com/topic/growththyroid
    Ok... Not really seeing how this relates but thanks anyway...

Thread Information