Thread: stunt growth

zummer is offline Junior Member

stunt growth

say your not sure if your done fully growing....would taking steroids affect your growth...?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    it very well might. how old are you?

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    if you are not finished growing, steroids can fuse your growth plates shut and that will be it for your height. this would be why its recommended you dont start until at least age 21 when you are nearly or completely finished growing

torontodude is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic
    if you are not finished growing, steroids can fuse your growth plates shut and that will be it for your height. this would be why its recommended you dont start until at least age 21 when you are nearly or completely finished growing
    thats right bro...i wish i was taller.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by zummer
    say your not sure if your done fully growing....would taking steroids affect your growth...?

YES,,,dont risk it.

rock75 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic
    most males don't stop growing until age 25

Atomini is offline Banned
    It's not the anabolic steroid that fuses your growth plates, it's the estrogen that does. Estrogen plays a key role in shutting growth plates.

So concievably, you could use a non-aromatizing steroid (such as Masteron or Anavar , etc.) and not risk stunting your growth. Aromatizing steroids will stunt your growth, however.

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini
    It's not the anabolic steroid that fuses your growth plates, it's the estrogen that does. Estrogen plays a key role in shutting growth plates.

So concievably, you could use a non-aromatizing steroid (such as Masteron or Anavar, etc.) and not risk stunting your growth. Aromatizing steroids will stunt your growth, however.

Correct...

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    does it only affect bone length or does it also affect bone width?

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexed
    does it only affect bone length or does it also affect bone width?
    I thought you already affected your bone length, as referenced in that thread you had in the adult section.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    lol big I bet you have that pic as a screen saver

Quote Originally Posted by Ima******ger
    I thought you already affected your bone length, as referenced in that thread you had in the adult section.

i am 19 years old....but is there any non-aromatizing steroid that would help with bulking up?

Big
    i am 19 years old....but is there any non-aromatizing steroid that would help with bulking up?
    what is your height, weight, and diet, in detail?

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Wasn't anavar actually used to help with growing in males who had trouble growing?

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    Wasn't anavar actually used to help with growing in males who had trouble growing?
    Yes, anavar was originally developed for children to treat various problems without risking stunted growth, etc. That's for theraputic use though.

That is no reason to start using steroids at 18,19, however...

I am 5'11" 180 pounds, i am at the gym a lot trying to put on gains. I eat about 3000 to 3,500 calories on a good day. I am not very consistent though i am getting there.

Would anavar help somebody who had trouble growing grow?

Big
    I am 5'11" 180 pounds, i am at the gym a lot trying to put on gains. I eat about 3000 to 3,500 calories on a good day. I am not very consistent though i am getting there.

Would anavar help somebody who had trouble growing grow?
    it would not help someone with inadequate diet, eating properly is essential to grow, and although it's expensive and rather inconvenient to follow a good diet, it's necessary.

it would not help someone with inadequate diet, eating properly is essential to grow, and although it's expensive and rather inconvenient to follow a good diet, it's necessary.
    amen!

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomini
    Yes, anavar was originally developed for children to treat various problems without risking stunted growth, etc. That's for theraputic use though.

That is no reason to start using steroids at 18,19, however...
    Well I never said that.... Although with anavar as mild as it is I don't really see anything wrong with it. Regardless just like ima******ger said its all about your diet.

so something such as anavar would not hurt someones growth in their teens but would it help at all for a teenager (growth wise)?? Also any reccomendations on any non-aromatizing steroid that would help with bulking up while on a proper diet?

Big
    so something such as anavar would not hurt someones growth in their teens but would it help at all for a teenager (growth wise)?? Also any reccomendations on any non-aromatizing steroid that would help with bulking up while on a proper diet?
    The thing is, in your teens, your testosterone levels are at an all-time high. Typically people take steroids to increase their testosterone levels to help with growth, but in your teens test is not what's limiting your growth. You should post your diet and see if we think it's "proper".

The thing is, in your teens, your testosterone levels are at an all-time high. Typically people take steroids to increase their testosterone levels to help with growth, but in your teens test is not what's limiting your growth. You should post your diet and see if we think it's "proper".
    sorry but when you say "post your diet" do you mean a list of what im eating all day or the amount of calories im consuming or what...sorry as you can see im a new member but my diet is very inconsistent but if thats what you mean by posting what i eat throughout the whole day i can try and give you my best description...
    thanks

Big
    you referenced in the post above mine " steroid that would help with bulking up while on a proper diet?" so I wondered what you considered a proper diet. You should head to the diet forum and read the stickies at the top about bulking diets, I'm betting you are way off. At your age proper diet will make more of a difference in bulking than any steroid on earth, but it takes major dedication and sacrifice to follow one.

YouAintKnow330 is offline Associate Member
    Anavar has really been used to induce growth?

Thread Information