Thread: lean mass cycle

xtreme171 is offline Junior Member

lean mass cycle

Hey guys. I am new to this forum and have been reading alot before posting. There is a great wealth of information here. My problem is i am 36 years old 6'2' 288 at about 23%bf I have done a few cycles in my 20s but i havent done anything in about 5 years. I have been back in the gym now for about 2 months doing 1 hour of cardio the weight training. My diet is very clean and have lost 20 lbs in the last 2 months. The problem i am having is i am starting to lose a lil muscle size and also want to bulk my delts a lil more. Is there anything i can take that will allow me to maintain or add a lil muscle while dieting down? My goal is to get below 10%bf and in order o do that i belive i need to lose about 50 more lbs. Thanks for any advice.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Just crunched the numbers and 288lbs at 23% means you have a lot of muscle. You say you want to lose another 50lbs, that would put you at 6%BF. How did you measure your BF?

I used one of those hand held ones which i know arent accurate but will put you in the ballpark. Thanks

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme171 View Post
    Hey guys. I am new to this forum and have been reading alot before posting. There is a great wealth of information here. My problem is i am 36 years old 6'2' 288 at about 23%bf I have done a few cycles in my 20s but i havent done anything in about 5 years. I have been back in the gym now for about 2 months doing 1 hour of cardio the weight training. My diet is very clean and have lost 20 lbs in the last 2 months. The problem i am having is i am starting to lose a lil muscle size and also want to bulk my delts a lil more. Is there anything i can take that will allow me to maintain or add a lil muscle while dieting down? My goal is to get below 10%bf and in order o do that i belive i need to lose about 50 more lbs. Thanks for any advice.
    some added testosterone could be great benefit to you.

I would like to do some test but last time i was on it i retained alot of fluid. I know my test level is low now. Is there any test that wont hold water and increase strength, size and help get lean? Thanks

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    I would try to get my bf down until the "rule of thumb" mark of 15%. Then you can do a cycle of test prop along with a dht derivate in order to diet further and keep the muscle you have and possibly gain a bit more.

Thanks for the reply Hugo. If you dont mind me asking what are your stats in your avatar picture? Thanks

I was just wondering if maybe doing a single cycle of a low dose test while dieting will help maintain the muscle i have? We are doing a hour of cardio 5 days a week and i am only consuming about 1200 to 1500 calories a day. The only supps i am on right now are Gaspari Nolvadex xt and eas pure protein i shake a day. Thanks again
    Last edited by xtreme171; 11-03-2007 at 10:00 AM.

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme171 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Hugo. If you dont mind me asking what are your stats in your avatar picture? Thanks
    That one is from August.

30yo
    5' 8"
    188lbs
    7%bf (measured in the machine, so its kind of a guess)

green22 is offline Senior Member
    I would say if you 23% then just do cardio/weights natural for a while. 2 months back in the gym isnt crap. You can do much more natty before you need anything. juice at that % is just pointless to me

Thread Information