luckylou is offline Banned

WHY a PCT after Cycle?

Just thought i throw this out for some chatter.

Anyway, why all the Pct for cycles of today?

When back in the days of Arnold, Zane, Columbo, Lou, Ect
    They had NO PCT after there Cycles?
    Plus it seems they ran cycles for months to a year at a time.

Also D-BOL tab Form was the breakfast of Champions back then.
    And you dont here about anyone from the days getting a Liver Transplant.
    And they ate D-BOL tabs like candy everyday.

Peace Out.

Marinos is offline Junior Member
    D-bol for PCT is still PCT... lol

The idea behind PCT is to combat the "lag time" your body goes through once the anabolics are being replaced by lesser hormones and other catabolic badies. Basically, when you juice, your bodies natrual ability to produce testosterone shuts down, so when u come off the gear, your body doesn't have the materials it needs to maintain all that muscle mass. Hence PCT is just to kickstart your natrual ability to produce test, and therefore maintain as much gains as possible.

As for the old school bodybuilders, they probably just used certain roids for PCT which don't shut down your natrual test production, but only lower it. So they still done a form of PCT, just very different to our own.
    Last edited by Marinos; 11-03-2007 at 07:50 PM.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    It's not really a valid point to suggest that current methods might not be necessary due to methods that are rather antiquated at this point. Over the years increasing research has been done, and I'm sure it will continue in the future. In my opinion gear is used more responsibly in general than it once was, partially due to learning from the mistakes of the pioneers. Just because people got jacked back in the day, that doesn't mean that they didn't subject their bodies to levels of abuse that most likely weren't necessary, just at the time most didn't know any better.

Atomini is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luckylou View Post

Peace Out.
    Yes they did, go look up the bodybuilder Steve Michalik. He got a liver cyst the size of a grapefruit from popping anadrols and dbols like they were M&Ms.

Its called progress

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries

Peace Out.

Good question lets discuss..

No they didnt do pct but they did just come completely off the drugs .. Like Iam******ger said alot of research has been done and we now know alot more about AAS then we did back than .. You hear some of the old timers say well I heard so and so was eating this many of this and that many of that so I am going to eat 3-4 more of these pills and take a few more ml's of this .. Well we know that mentality is not correct.. Imagine Arnold or whoever just chewing on dbol all day.. *chomp * chomp* ummm

Why use a pct ??

1. We know how suppressive certain AAS are on the the body .. You want to get your body back into normal functioning as soon as possible to help minimise loss of gains and to start to let your body recover and start producing test naturally ..

2. I know people who ran some cycles without any pct and are now on HRT for life .. I also know people who have cycled for a longer amount of time than these friends who are on HRT now ,and these people DID use a pct ,and when they get thier blood work done it comes back in range... Unlike some of my friends who didnt use pct..

3. I think its a good idea to take time off and really let your body recover.. There are alot of people taking alot of time off and its acually helping them to come into thier shows with more muscle ( and better muscle quality)... IMO if they didnt use a pct when they came off cycle it would hinder thier progress not help it..

People still dont use pct

Yes there are still many people who dont use pct now a days... I think with all the info we have about pct and what we know about Hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis ( HPTA ) and allowing for it to recover it is not a good idea to not use a proper pct..

I know for me personally if I didnt use a proper pct I wouldnt be able to keep my gains.. By giving my body the proper(pct) compounds it allows me to recover much quicker( and keep more of my gains) than if I didnt use them..

Merc.
    Last edited by Merc..; 11-07-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Great post Merc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima******ger View Post
    Great post Merc.
    Thanks MR B !!!!

Merc.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    you pretty much summed it up there Merc.

Ni6tO_ is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post

No they didnt do pct but they did just come completely off the drugs .. Like Iam******ger said alot of research has been done and we now know alot more about AAS then we did back than .. You hear some of the old timers say well I heard so and so was eating this many of this and that many of that so I am going to eat 3-4 more of these pills and and a few more ml's of this .. Well we know that mentality is not correct.. Imagine Arnold or whoever just chewing on dbol all day.. *chomp * chomp* ummm

Why use a pct ??

1. We know how suppressive certain AAS are on the the body .. You want to get your body back into normal functioning as soon as possible to help minimise lose of gains and to start to let your body recover and start producing test naturally ..

2. I know people who ran some cycles without any pct and are now on HRT for life .. I also know people who have cycled for a longer amount of time than these friends who are on HRT now ,and these people DID use a pct ,and when they get thier blood work done it comes back in range... Unlike some of my friends who didnt use pct..

3. I think its a good idea to take time off and really let your body recover.. There are alot of people taking alot of time off and its acually helping them to come into thier shows with more muscle ( and better muscle quality)... IMO if they didnt use a pct when they came off cycle it would hinder thier progress not help it..

Yes there are still many people who dont use pct now a days... I think with all the info we have about pct and what we know about Hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis ( HPTA ) and allowing for it to recover it is not a good idea to not use a good pct..

I know for me personally if I didnt use a proper pct I wouldnt be able to keep my gains.. By giving my body the proper(pct) compounds it allows me to recover much quicker( and keep more of my gains) than if I didnt use them..

Merc.

Great post. Thanks

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    There will be estrogen spikes after a cycle if you use compounds that aromatase. Estrogen is the most supressive factor on the HPTA. The whole purpose of pct is really to block the inhibition on the hypotalamus from estrogen.

luckylou is offline Banned

Thumbs up

No they didnt do pct but they did just come completely off the drugs .. Like Iam******ger said alot of research has been done and we now know alot more about AAS then we did back than .. You hear some of the old timers say well I heard so and so was eating this many of this and that many of that so I am going to eat 3-4 more of these pills and take a few more ml's of this .. Well we know that mentality is not correct.. Imagine Arnold or whoever just chewing on dbol all day.. *chomp * chomp* ummm

Why use a pct ??

1. We know how suppressive certain AAS are on the the body .. You want to get your body back into normal functioning as soon as possible to help minimise lose of gains and to start to let your body recover and start producing test naturally ..

Yes there are still many people who dont use pct now a days... I think with all the info we have about pct and what we know about Hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis ( HPTA ) and allowing for it to recover it is not a good idea to not use a good pct..

Merc.
    Great Post Merc!
    I was Hopeing someone would post a GREAT Piece, and You Did. Thank You.

And YES, we all should do a Reg. PCT after any Cycle.

Just wanted to throw it out for some chatter on what everyone thought.
    Peace Out.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    also, alot of the old timers stayed on for months and years at a time, and just bridged with periods of lower doses. This wouldnt really help the HPTA but it would give the androgen receptors time to clear and then u could hit it with a bulking dose again later.

Blog Entries
    Great Post Merc!
    I was Hopeing someone would post a GREAT Piece, and You Did. Thank You.

And YES, we all should do a Reg. PCT after any Cycle.

Just wanted to throw it out for some chatter on what everyone thought.
    Peace Out.
    Yea I wouldnt ever consider not following a proper pct protocol ..

Merc.

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member

Why use a pct ??

Merc.

Gotta love Mercs answers. . Leaves no questions unanswered

YouAintKnow330 is offline Associate Member
    a great read!!!

taylor26 is offline Member
    very good read.

Blog Entries
    Thanks fellas ..

Merc.

facile is offline Member
    Merc, great post. I wish I had read that a few years back, if I had I would have been able to retain some of my gains from my first few cycles and avoided some of the adverse sides of coming off AAS. Age provides wisdom, PCT is affordable and should be a part of your cycle. In fact don't start your AAS until you have the necessary PCT items.

Thread Information