Facecrash is offline Member

Getting reimbursed from Insurance for gear??

So I get my gear from HRT clinic. I sent my bloodwork a year and a half ago and I'm pretty much guaranteed gear for life on their program. It's ridonkulously expense but great! So, I called my health insurance and they told me since it is out of network prescript, I can fill out a form and send the invoice/script and get reiumbursed for 90% of it.

Question is, having this sort of thing in my "file" for life...can this affect me negatively? Like, when I get life insurance, etc?

thanks guys!
    D

bumps

Roidal is offline Associate Member
    Not in this case, it's legal medicine.
    Except if you get some job that requires screening.

nah not at all. even if i did....if they screen me I just show them the script right? what could they do?

but I'm worried about life insurance....and future repercussions like if I cave some dudes face in...

goin on 4T is offline Associate Member
    Yes, it will be in your insurance file and life insurance companies read all of you health files. And don't lie when applying for life insurance. Because if something should happen to you and your spouse is expecting the money and they do a deep search, which they do before paying, she will be spitting on your grave!
    Also if you are ever a self employed individual or just need self or family health insurance your rates are going to be higher to cover the known cost of your gear. I have seen this one!

interesting, wondering if it's worth it!

thanks for the input

Well technically Rx are valid for 6 years from they day their written. Idk how long insurance places keep records but I wouldn't think if u got sum medicine in 1970 they'd still have it on file but I could be wrong, U'd have to call the helpdesk. And yeah ppl who are self employed really get ripped for insurance I couldn't imagine payin 1000 a month and then 1000 deductible it'd have to be sick then. Yeah anytime for reimbursment is a good thing and plus ur getting back 90% too so thats 90 bucks back to you if u spend 100 so it works out. I tried applying to those places but they told me I wasn't old enough sux.....

Thread Information