lil-SLIM is offline Member

hair test and steroids?

if I submitted a hair test for rec drugs would steroids show up in the test?

~hypothetical~

Not if the test doesn't look for it specifically. I think most employers are worried about other rec drugs besides that and steroids aren't a rec drug to begin with.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Supposedly anything you take can be found in the hair follicle during the GCMS test...and there's no "cleansing" products that can clean them

texasmk4 is offline Associate Member
    you can always shave your hair to prevent/delay testing ;-)

system admin is offline Owner
    they probably wont test for steroids using your hair. Most steroid testing is done by urine test.

lil-SLIM is offline Member
    lets say you wanted to take a hair test to prove you hadnt used a rec drug...would they come back a week later and say well you have no rec drugs in your system but we did find that youve been taking steroids

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    Steroids need some specific tests. I never heard of steroids being detected by hair tests, but rather by urine tests.

Marinos is offline Junior Member
    They look for different things in the hair for different drugs,
    so if its just rec drugs they're looking for, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/114116423/ABSTRACT?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0
    Research Article
    Analysis of anabolic steroids in hair by GC/MS/MS

Abstract
    ASTRACT: A simple and sensitive gas chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry (GC/MS/MS) method is described for the detection of anabolic steroids, usually found in keratin matrix at very low concentrations. Hair samples from seven athletes who spontaneously reported their abuse of anabolic steroids, and in a single case cocaine, were analyzed for methyltestosterone, nandrolone, boldenone, fluoxymesterolone, cocaine and its metabolite benzoylecgonine. Anabolic steroids were determinate by digestion of hair samples in 1 m NaOH for 15 min at 95°C. After cooling, samples were purificated by solid-phase and liquid-liquid extraction, then anabolic steroids were converted to their trimethylsilyl derivative and finally analyzed by GC/MS/MS. For detection of cocaine and benzoylecgonine, hair samples were extracted with methanol in an ultrasonic bath for 2 h at 56°C then overnight in a thermostatic bath at the same temperature. After the incubation, methanol was evaporated to dryness, and benzoylecgonine was converted to its trimethylsilyl derivative prior of GC/MS/MS analysis. Results obtained are in agreement with the athletes' reports, confirming that hair is a valid biological matrix to establish long-term intake of drugs. Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4 View Post
    you can always shave your hair to prevent/delay testing ;-)
    You would have to shave your whole body then. People that wear their hair short, ie ex-military/cops..., they takes samples from other parts of the body. They'll shave a patch of your leg hair or arm hair. The thing about that is, body hair grows significantly slower then scalp hair so they can detect drug use even further back....

They need a minimum of 1" length hair for the sample but prefer 1.5" so...

Scalp hair usually grows at around a rate of 1cm/month, so 1.5" would only show use from about the last 3months

Body hair can grow as slow as a few Millimeters a month so 1" long body hair can be used to detect drug use for 9+ months

Marinos, Thanks for finding that. I was too lazy to search for those articles yesterday. Good find though. Basically they can detect any substance taken into the body. Hair testing isn't allowed in all states though.

SilverBuilt is offline Junior Member
    It dosn't have to be just hair on your head, they are supposed to take half an inch from the crown of your head, but really any hair will do. And I agree having been through a hair test myself, that they are probably only looking for the recreational drugs.

There are many men who get scripts to take Testosterone as in TRT. In some states there are scripts for medical marijuana. I don't think doc's are giving out scripts for meth or heroine. If you're taking rec drugs or steroids there's a good chance you're gonna get found out. If you can deal with it, do it.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBuilt View Post
    It dosn't have to be just hair on your head, they are supposed to take half an inch from the crown of your head, but really any hair will do. And I agree having been through a hair test myself, that they are probably only looking for the recreational drugs.
    This is the second 5-6 year old thread you have bumped and made glib comments in about hair. Is there something you'd like to tell us about hair? Please feel free to start a thread and fill us in. Thanks.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    A simple question for the layman. How is testosterone found in hair and urine drug tests? As men we make test naturally so it should be there. Now blood work will find levels off the charts but can that be found in urine tests? Hair tests?

OnTheSauce is offline Banned
    I passed hair follicle for my job

ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    They won't be looking for steriods . If its the basic hair test for rec drugs you're fine. Could it be found in your hair? Yes. Is that what they're testing for? No. Don't sweat it bro

Thread Information