guy_22_uk is offline New Member

occasional smoker anyone?? im gna get it for this :(

Okay...

i know this is gna cause a lot of grilling

but i used to smoke like ten cigs a day until a few months ago when i quit and started hitting the gym.

however that doesn't mean i dont enjoy occasional smokin on the weekend when i go out. havent got the will power to quit completely and still smoke the ocacsional cig now and then. but feel hugely guilty afterwards!!

is there anyone in a similar situation. whats the main negatives of smoking and training that someone can throw at me to put me off smoking for life!!

i know the majority of you guys are gna be shocked at the meer thought. cmon there must some smokers / ex-smokers??

roidrage625 is offline Junior Member
    i social smoke at times but i dont feel that it hurts my training or gains. im sure if u smoked a pack a day it would b more of a problem. but fyi marcus ruhl smokes to curb his appetite.. all in all eveyone knows smoking is bad for you but hell what isnt these days you know? im anxious to see what others have to say on this issue bc i dont know any hard answers for ya... good luck man

KeepingItBalanced is offline Associate Member
    i smoke socially too and sometimes when I am really stressed out or bored... I used to smoke like a freight train. However, when I was in probably the best athletic (not bodybuilding) shape of my life I smoked. When I quit smoking, my run times got worse by a lot. Started smoking again, they went back down to their old numbers. Maybe just a coinsidence.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    2 cigars a month.. sometimes 5.. sorry can't relate..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Markus Ruhl smokes a marlboro in the "made in Germany" flick. It's not the end of the world. I quit years ago and found that cheat smokes tend to make your cravings ten times worse. Just quit cold turkey man.

Brent_G is offline Associate Member
    I ****ING hate smoking.

I read a artical in Muscular Development that stated smoking ciggarettes acually raises testosterone levels .........still not enough to get me to start smoking again

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by guy_22_uk View Post
    Okay...

i know this is gna cause a lot of grilling

but i used to smoke like ten cigs a day until a few months ago when i quit and started hitting the gym.

however that doesn't mean i dont enjoy occasional smokin on the weekend when i go out. havent got the will power to quit completely and still smoke the ocacsional cig now and then. but feel hugely guilty afterwards!!

is there anyone in a similar situation. whats the main negatives of smoking and training that someone can throw at me to put me off smoking for life!!

i know the majority of you guys are gna be shocked at the meer thought. cmon there must some smokers / ex-smokers??

cmon man you know all the dangers,,,heart,,cancer,,bad breath,,,stinky clothes,,

cache49 is offline Associate Member
    New perscription called Champix. If u wanna quit, really wanna quit. Giver a try it works wonders. If u dont want to quit nothing wil help u. People I work with that have smoked for 20-30 years quit and never looked back. Targets the part of your brain that causes u to crave the smoke. Good luck.

KeepingItBalanced is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMachine2000 View Post
    I read a artical in Muscular Development that stated smoking ciggarettes acually raises testosterone levels.........still not enough to get me to start smoking again
    I always thought it did the opposite? Oh well, time to research.

bigjamie is offline Associate Member
    smoking is disgusting and it kills you slowly and painfully give it the flick

crypticaddict is offline Junior Member
    I am a "social smoker". I smoked pretty heavily until about 10 years ago. I tried quitting cold turkey, but it just made things worse for me. I smoke one cigarrette a day, right after lunch, and will smoke a couple on the weekends if I'm out with the guys.

yeah everybody here shares the same sentiments, smoking increases recovery time because ur lungs aren't at 100% I smoked for 4 yrs and have been quit like 2 so I know how it is, I used to get really bad headaches when I would workout and smoke so I gave it up altogether with the help of the gum, but it can actually damage sperm from what I've heard plus more people die from smoking and drinking that cigarettes heart disease is the #1 killer in this country after all why add to that statistic? But keep up the progress tho, its hard and you can quit 100% if you want it bad enough.

brajosm is offline Banned
    bro i used to smoke and now that i quit i feel 100X better they stink and in the end if i EVEN SMOKED ONE THE NIGHT BEFORE I COULD TELL.
    hope that helps

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hey how old are you guy? Smoking's fun if you've still got the years ahead of you then smoke! I quit 2yrs. ago. I'm into nicotine products now. You should check em out. They got some great ones. Nicorette has a new flav out now. Cinnamon!

Get 20 free samples here:

https://www.nicorette.com/cinnamonsu...bmRlcXVpdHk%3d

Cheers!

Edit: When you fill out the part about how many ciggs you smoke in a day,Make sure to say 25 or more, that way you get the strong stuff.
    Last edited by ecto9; 11-18-2007 at 08:10 AM.

DrBell is offline Junior Member

Chantix

Quote Originally Posted by cache49 View Post
    New perscription called Champix. If u wanna quit, really wanna quit. Giver a try it works wonders. If u dont want to quit nothing wil help u. People I work with that have smoked for 20-30 years quit and never looked back. Targets the part of your brain that causes u to crave the smoke. Good luck.
    It's called Chantix and you can get it for free by doing a search for free chantix. There is one in particular that gives a short survey. How many kids you have and monthly income, etc.... Then you get it free. Good because it's expensive otherwise.

I use Auriculotherapy. It is an electrical type of acupuncture on the ear and you take ester-c and licorice root to detox the nicotine out of your system and block nicotine receptors with the glycerol in the licorice.
    Thanks

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    i can't even get into this... ill get my ass reamed... lol

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    i used to smoke while training when i first started. Not only does it make you winded, it can inhibit your gains as nicotine is a vasoconstrictor.

after i quit i felt stronger, didnt sweat as much, had better pumps, and gained more weight

guy_22_uk is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crypticaddict View Post
    I am a "social smoker". I smoked pretty heavily until about 10 years ago. I tried quitting cold turkey, but it just made things worse for me. I smoke one cigarrette a day, right after lunch, and will smoke a couple on the weekends if I'm out with the guys.
    same here - i smoke one a day now, and a couple on weekends when out with the lads, exactly the same!

wow a lot of reponses on the issue, thought i was the only one. im 22..and not looking to quit completely, cmon im so young and ive smoked heavily for years drinkin and partyin. amazingly since training, im down to 1 a day now. but when im out on the weekend partying, i just cant help havin the odd few.

Yeah I know all the long term damages smoking is terrible! and I do think its smelly and just feels wrong now like im abusing my body and all my training is going down the pan. but that one cig a day is religious now! if i dont have it, i will crave and get stressed, its such a mental thing.

someone says smokin raises test levels, whoah i wish lol! but majority says its wrong, basically pointing out the basic facts of the causes of smoking. i cant quit completely i dnt think im able too, not enuff will power

man...since i started bulkin up, life is so hard...motivation and dedication ..thats what its all about...eat right...train everday...i need to quit these damn cigs. keep posting guys!!

basshead69 is offline Associate Member
    I smoke about half a pack a day I don't see any problems with my gains

crypticaddict is offline Junior Member
    It's funny, but I think cigarrette smoke smells great. I love the way it tastes.

I'll never completely quit, well maybe when I die I'll give it up for a lil while.

samcam is offline Associate Member
    I smoked on and off for 20 years, I couldn't have a beer without lighting up, they go hand in hand for me and I felt guilty as hell all the time too. Then a little over two years ago I said screw it and quite everything and in all honesty I feel 100 times better then I did when I was in my 20's.

crazycrab is offline Associate Member
    I injoy a cigar on the weekends. I am not concerned about the afect on my training. I do not think it's a good idea to smoke all the time.

Thread Information