Rasmus is offline New Member

Help a new guy out

Hi there,

I joined to try and get a solid knowledge base before attempting any sort of artificial enhancement. Im looking to decrease my bf %, increase strength , and add muscle mass. As of tonight Im 265lbs, with 22%BF bf and a fair amount of natural muscle. I would like to see myself around the same weight 260-280 but drop bf to around 15%.

Current 1RM:

Bench - 3 plates
    Squat - 5 plates
    Leg press - 10 plates
    Deadlift - 4 plates

I would like to help my upper body catch up with my lower body as I am starting to get interested in powerlifting.

I have a few friends that have had amazing results with d-bol and nolvadex as an estrogen supressor. After doing some reading around here it seems that alot of guys see d-bol as pretty old school and kind of a starting point. Ive been told that d-bol seems to really get rid of bf quickly, is there much truth in this.Also,what kind of dosages would work best for somebody my size, and limited experience.

I would appreciate any and all input, Im here to learn!

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Although some have had luck with dbol only cycles, most would advise against it. Dbol typically adds a good bit of bloat and water weight, which in many cases leaves after cycle. If you want to shed body fat quickly, tweak your diet and start doing cardio in the mornings on an empty stomach.

I have been doing cardio sessions in the mornings, but my diet could use some tweaking.
    Would something like Deca Durabolin and Nolvadex be a better starting cycle. Also, is an estrogen supressor always necessary as a preventitive measure, or is it best used after the fact.

Big
    Deca is a 19nor and should not be run with nolva, and deca should never be run without at least a trt dose of test. A good starting cycle would be test e at 500mg/week for 12 weeks.

Forgive my ignorance but why is it best to use test and deca together.
    When you say test E I take it that you mean testosterone enathate correct.
    Is 12weeks at 500mg per week considered a long cycle on test e.
    Would nolvadex be a good idea or compatible with test e for that cycle.

Thanks for the straight up answers, I really appreciate it!

Big
    Deca will shut down your natural test production from the first shot, many people experience severe sexual dysfunction on deca only. Personally I feel that test should be a base for any cycle.
    Test e is testosterone enanthate , 12 weeks at 500mg/week is pretty typical in length. I wouldn't take nolva while on cycle, I don't think it would be necessary. I would have an ai (aromatase inhibitor) such as arimidex on hand, if you are prone to gyno then I would take the arimidex at .25 eod. I wouldn't add the ai unless you saw signs of gyno, though, just have it in case you need it.

Big
    Also I should have asked sooner, but I was thinking I saw your age in another thread. I just realized that was a different member, so how old are you?

Good to know.
    I have no idea if im prone to gyno as I havent ever done a cycle, are there any signs as to who is and who is not prone from a pre cycle prospective.
    I have been doing some research on possible internet sources and im wondering if the place that I have in mind is reputable or not. Ive done a search on the site for it and nothing came up, I did an internet search and not much info came up aside from the site itself. Is it a good plan for me to talk about it openly here, or should I wait unitl I have the pm function.

Im 21 years old.

Big
    No open source discussion is allowed, and thanks for asking before naming the source, I wish all new members would double check such things just to make sure before they ask. The rules for source checks are 45 days membership and 100 posts, but even then many of us are not currently doing source checks due to recent activity in the community.
    As for being prone to gyno you may not know till you're on cycle, just be aware of sensitivity or any swelling in your nipples, if they start to feel sensitive, itch, or in any way feel different than normal start your ai.

Good stuff, I understand that Im a new user and have to prove that Im not retarded , but at the same time I would really like to talk to somebody locally that has the experience and knows what they are talking about. I want to make sure that I start out with a good information base. Is there any way that you or anybody else knows to get in touch with a local mentor. You cant exactly just go around to every supplement place and gym and ask people straight up if there into juice

kostakv is offline Associate Member
    Use Clenbuterol , shreds bf without losing muscle....

look into testosterone for your steroids ..lose bf, gain muscle, some water muscle
    Last edited by kostakv; 11-16-2007 at 12:01 AM. Reason: information

Facecrash is offline Member
    this board is your local mentor bro. Keep reading and asking good questions and you'll find almost all of the answers you need.

good luck!
    d

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Is there any way that you or anybody else knows to get in touch with a local mentor. You cant exactly just go around to every supplement place and gym and ask people straight up if there into juice
    You could start a thread in the lounge "Anyone near Alberta, Canada" or something like that and express that you would like to meet like-minded people in your area, it's a gamble but you never know, as many people as we have on the site you could be in luck.

Hmm Ill give that a try. One of my main objectives is to make my body more efficiently strong. My strength per pound ratio is fairly low in comparison to some people I know, and especially to some people on here! Nothing impresses me more than seeing somebody lift 300% of there bodywieght. It doesnt really matter to me if its a 100 lb guy lifting 300lbs or somebody my size lifting 795lbs.

Ive been doing alot of reading and there doesnt really seem to be a corolation between what people are using for dosages and lengths of cycles, and how much mass they seem to put on in that period. I realize that everyones body is different but, what kind of mass could somebody with my build put on. I was thinking somewhere in the range of 15-30lbs on 12 weeks of Test E at 500mg a week. Does this seem reasonable.

GGallin is offline Senior Member
    I think you need to do some more research before starting any cycle. I wouldnt talk to people locally if I were you. Get your cycle info from this board and then find an overseas online source. If you look hard enough on this board its right in front of your face and you dont even have to ask.

sterling2006 is offline New Member
    Great info. I was considering taking dbol for my first cycle however, from what I am reading it appears that test might be a better way to go. I have also read that test ranks low on keeping gains. Is this true and am I wasting my time looking at charts?

Thread Information