buffgator is offline king of mass

kevin levrone cycles

Can any one tell me where to find more info on the style of cycling that kevin did? I read that he only trained like 6 months out of the year, and only cycled like 3 months out of the year. Also what about guys like gunter who actualy gain like 15-20 lbs contest vs off season.

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    I wish I knew it too. Kevin was one of the best body ever in bb. One of my favorite pros.
    Anyone?

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    In my opinion Levrone had the most desirable bb physique ever "EVER" and that's why he's won 22 title's.But if you've seen him lately you wouldn't even recodnize him.My guess is that whatever he was doing would be entirely to much for just your average joe.

topnotch is offline Member
    i can't believe that he only trained 6 months of the year, and cycled 3 months...to get those physiques that's nearly impossible...so many of the pros i see in articles, that they barely take anything...i once read lee priest say that the only gear he's ever taken was just small amounts of winstrol during dieting and that was it...we all know that's bullshit, so i woudlnt' believe most of the things we hear these guys say they take...i know a few guys who compete, and have sort of an inside scoop w/ these pros, and the amounts they are taking, are much larger than i've ever seen anyone on here post.. that's my opinion

D-Money is offline Associate Member
    Based on what I hear, pro generally use over a gram of gear at least. There are amature bodybuilding competing at the npc level that use 2-3 times more. I think it takes a lot of gear to maintain the mass required to compete at the pro level.

dano_85 is offline Junior Member
    a pro "cycle" im pretty sure they never come off ,hah

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    I read some stuff on Levrone about his training and I read that he would train 6-9 months per year and take about 3-6 months off of training, but the impression I got was that the time off was sometimes spread out over the course of the year and not necessarily consequetive. He claimed that the time of not training and straying from a strict bodybuilding diet was beneficial to his gains. I cannot fathom the amount of gear someone like that would have taken, but it is probably like others on this board have suggested and 2-5 times the amounts mere mortals might use recreationally. There are some HUGE guys that have been through this board and some of them were using 1-2g of Test per week as their base in the cycle and were stacking it with multiple compounds according to their posts. I do see a benefit to taking some time off of the hardcore lifting lifestyle and it has done me well - I have been able to endure and heal from injuries that have ended the bodybuilding plans of some of my friends because I listen to my body and take time off (guilt-free usually) when I need it to rest, recover, and heal.

Levrone did get to a point where he spent more time working with his band than training and his legs paid for it a little. He is a shadow of his former self. Not knocking him...he looks great for an x-bodybuilding as some of them have gone to crap, but there are many people that would not believe he was the same guy.

Gunter confuses me though - sometimes he is enormous and full and other times I see photos and he looks like he has given up the sport. I don't get it.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    if you've seen gunter lately you'd know hes massively out of shape. hes focusing on an acting career now

finely I found it. It is in his movie maryland muscle machine. He says that he only does 1 contest a year, and that after that contest he will take 5 consecative months of where he does not even step foot in the gym. He says he eats a normal three meals a day, and just focuses on his band, and his social life during these 5 months. He says he will drop all the way down to 200lbs. He then says that he wont even get back into training until he is 4-5 months out from a show. So im not sure because that only adds up to 10months, so im not sure what he does the other 2 months that are not accounted for. I have heard though that he spends less time on gear than any other pro, and not training for 5 months would make since.

Fjock is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    if you've seen gunter lately you'd know hes massively out of shape. hes focusing on an acting career now
    Yea, when i was at the Mr. O expo i got a good look at gunter and I was very confused. I was thinking that maybe he had so much bf from bulking that he just looked out of shape... but it seems he has also lost quite a bit of muscle mass as well.

Fjock is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    finely I found it. It is in his movie maryland muscle machine. He says that he only does 1 contest a year, and that after that contest he will take 5 consecative months of where he does not even step foot in the gym. He says he eats a normal three meals a day, and just focuses on his band, and his social life during these 5 months. He says he will drop all the way down to 200lbs. He then says that he wont even get back into training until he is 4-5 months out from a show. So im not sure because that only adds up to 10months, so im not sure what he does the other 2 months that are not accounted for. I have heard though that he spends less time on gear than any other pro, and not training for 5 months would make since.
    This is mind blowing to me. I just cant understand how something like this is even possible... talk about genetics, sheesh. Id be so discouraged after taking that amount of time out of the gym after one of my contest, I simply wouldnt have the confidence to step on stage that next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjock View Post
    This is mind blowing to me. I just cant understand how something like this is even possible... talk about genetics, sheesh. Id be so discouraged after taking that amount of time out of the gym after one of my contest, I simply wouldnt have the confidence to step on stage that next year.
    i think that he is (was) happy though, he loves music as much as bodybuilding. I actualy took five months off once, and made some of my biggest gains ever when I came back.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    Can any one tell me where to find more info on the style of cycling that kevin did? I read that he only trained like 6 months out of the year, and only cycled like 3 months out of the year. Also what about guys like gunter who actualy gain like 15-20 lbs contest vs off season.
    I doubt anyone knows but Levrone.

Thread Information