High Blood Pressure

Running 1600 mg of test enanthate and Sustanol 250 at 1,000 a week. Started off small, at my peak, now tapering off (pyramid). Increase in blood pressure. Any prescription used to aid salt retention? I drink 60 grams of protein 4 times a day with meals and get a slight headache.
    Last edited by CrazyMike747474; 11-22-2007 at 03:52 PM.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Wow, those are some crazy doses. I assume you mean mg and not ml, but even then if you are taking 2600mg/week of test that is just crazy high.

I don't take oral steroids or steroids such as Dianabol , Anadrol , or the injectable Trenbolone . To each his own and the best of luck. That's just a little too much for me on the potentially "unsafe" side. So I make up for it in steroids not as dangerous. Keep in mind I only do 2600 mg for a period of 3 weeks as I have mentioned during the 18 week cycle, I started off with 400 mg of Test Enanthate and 250 Sustanon . Then I taper down according to what I first started with ex: 400 mg of Test Enanthate and 250 Sustanon . I have no problem with gyno. And I run a little bit of hcg during the cycle in order to not completely shut down my natural testosterone . But act according to the PCT at the end on the cycle and still manage to run a small amount of test while on PCT, no more than 250 of Test every 7-10 days.
    Last edited by CrazyMike747474; 11-22-2007 at 04:03 PM.

Big
    If it works for you bro, to each his own. I can also not understand running test while on pct, pct is to get the natural test production back up and 250mg every 7-10 days is enough to suppress your natural test production, defeating the purpose of pct. Bump for more opinions...

I'll keep that in mind next time. Seriously, what do you suggest? At the end that is.

Big
    Personally I'm not a fan of pyramiding dosages, I find that the changes in blood levels are where unwanted sides typically come from, and I've ran various cycles and never noticed any increase in gains after about 600mg/week of test. Everyone is different though, this is just my personal experience. I like to stop the gear at the end of cycle, wait till all gear has cleared my system, then run a full pct such as Anthony Roberts pct protocol. I also added Myogenx in my most recent pct as a natural test booster and loved the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ima******ger View Post
    Personally I'm not a fan of pyramiding dosages, I find that the changes in blood levels are where unwanted sides typically come from, and I've ran various cycles and never noticed any increase in gains after about 600mg/week of test. Everyone is different though, this is just my personal experience. I like to stop the gear at the end of cycle, wait till all gear has cleared my system, then run a full pct such as Anthony Roberts pct protocol. I also added Myogenx in my most recent pct as a natural test booster and loved the results.
    Lets put it this way. During my cycle I use HCG to keep my dick up. Simple as that.

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMike747474 View Post
    Lets put it this way. During my cycle I use HCG to keep my dick up. Simple as that.
    I can't imagine needing anything to help keep you hard while on test, the test alone will do that. I use hcg on suppressive cycles to prevent testicular atrophy though. I don't mean to come off as bashing your cycle bro, if it works for you then that's what counts, I'm just imagining that running that much test certainly would cause blood-pressure issues. In reference to your original question, I've never used prescription blood pressure meds, so bump for more opinions, but I have used Hawthorn Berry and garlic, and it helped quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ima******ger View Post
    I can't imagine needing anything to help keep you hard while on test, the test alone will do that. I use hcg on suppressive cycles to prevent testicular atrophy though. I don't mean to come off as bashing your cycle bro, if it works for you then that's what counts, I'm just imagining that running that much test certainly would cause blood-pressure issues. In reference to your original question, I've never used prescription blood pressure meds, so bump for more opinions, but I have used Hawthorn Berry and garlic, and it helped quite a bit.

If I'm not mistaken that's half of what professional bodybuilders use. I've heard up to 6,000.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    I would think it's the level of testosterone you're taking that's causing the Blood pressure. I couldn't imagine running that high of a dose could be in anyway close to being healthy. I think you would run into more serious problems with lipids and other metabolic functions.

Anyway, Some common blood pressure meds are in classes of Alpha and Beta blockers

Beta blockers decrease your response to stimulant hormones like Epinephrine that are known to constrict blood vessls, increase heart rate and cause muscles to contract...all causing blood pressure to raise. Usually given to people that have problems with stress or anxiety

Alpha blockers basically relax your blood vessels causing them to dialate...lowering your blood pressure. Usually given to people with heart disease or family history of hbp

There are others that aren't specifically for blood pressure but help by other routes

IMO, no one need to run 2600mg of testosterone. Even if the "pros" are doing something more...is that a reason for us to do it? I don't think so. Try taking a lower dose and see if it helps with your side effects

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    And Alpha blockers usually have a sedative effect so they are taken at night while Beta blockers usually don't have this problem

These are available through RX only but you can pick up something called Valerian. It's the root of a plant that is supposed to have simliar effects of the scheduled medication that is spelled similarly...I've taken it and it does cause relaxation and helps sleep

Big
    Running 1600 mg of test enanthate and Sustanol 250 at 1,000 a week. Started off small, at my peak, now tapering off (pyramid). Increase in blood pressure. Any prescription used to aid salt retention? I drink 60 grams of protein 4 times a day with meals and get a slight headache.
    I'm curious, how much do you gain off of a cycle like this?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    using an AI helped reduce my BP greatly.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    very crazy cycle.

If you're worried about blood pressure (and i imagine it is sky high on your dosage) you should get to the doc and see where you are at.

Although you say you stay away from harsh compounds, i cant help but wonder if cycling in your fashion is worse than running the other compounds you want to stay away from.

I would go get your bp checked, and if its crazy high, lower your dosages or get some meds from a doc

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    very crazy cycle.

If you're worried about blood pressure (and i imagine it is sky high on your dosage) you should get to the doc and see where you are at.

Although you say you stay away from harsh compounds, i cant help but wonder if cycling in your fashion is worse than running the other compounds you want to stay away from.

I would go get your bp checked, and if its crazy high, lower your dosages or get some meds from a doc
    My blood pressure isn't that high. It is preventable. From my experience I feel like I am pissing out hard work, literally when I urinate 15 times a night when given a blood pressure pill that gets rid of water prescribed by the family Doctor. I need water in order to hold up the bulking cycle. So you can clearly see my problem is getting rid of excess salt rather than excluding large amounts of water in order to get rid of the salt retention.

And no, in my line of work cardio is incorporated throughout the majority of the routine. Both weight training and running, plyometrics, etc. So it isn't sky high as you assume. Just slightly elevated.

This isn't my first rodeo.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMike747474
    My blood pressure isn't that high. It is preventable. From my experience I feel like I am pissing out hard work, literally when I urinate 15 times a night when given a blood pressure pill that gets rid of water prescribed by the family Doctor. I need water in order to hold up the bulking cycle. So you can clearly see my problem is getting rid of excess salt rather than excluding large amount of water in order to get rid of the salt retention.

And no, in my line of work cardio is incorporated throughout the majority of the routine. Both weight training and running, plyometrics, etc. So it isn't sky high as you assume. Just slightly elevated.
    10-4. waiting for others to chime in.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i take plenty of garlic tabs...............
    i have run up2 4gs of test in a cycle before and my blood pressure has been monitored at 100/60...............

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

oh yeah and no cardio..................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

mind i only run 5-750mg test in my cycles now,imo no need for more i just up the other compounds as i find they are better builders than test.................

Quote Originally Posted by Booz View Post
    oh yeah and no cardio..................
    Cardio is essential to what I do. It's not like I have a choice. But then again I'm not going to disclose my profession, if you can understand.

Thread Information