Towel is offline Associate Member

libido decrease in cycle?

Hey guys, as some of you know i am running a test/deca cycle. Right now i am about to finish my sixth week. So far i have gained about 13lb. Which makes an average of 2lb each week. Well to some it may be not much, but I eat verry clean and I only have a slight water retention so far. Things are going good.

Now let's get back ontopic. Since this week I feel that my libido has decreased. Is this possible while being on test? It's not like that my libido has crushed into the ground or something. I mean damn if I had a the chance to play some 1on1 I would certainly go for it. My willy works fine as well and my nuts don't seem to have shrunken much. Just a little. But a couple weeks ago, my libido was so high it made me crazy! So how come it changed now?

just curious to know.

thx

Dog-Slime is offline Senior Member
    My libido tends to level off while on cycle. At first it is raging but then it calms down as I get used to the hormones being in my body. It is also possible that you are experiencing a decrease in libido from deca 's effects on progesterone.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    could be prolactin related, you could get some caber and that might fix things

CULT is offline New Member

Libido

Are You Overtraining? Remember Rest Is Just As Important. How Is Your Diet. Diet Is Everything. Diet Is Everything. Make Sure You Are Getting Your Supplements. Id Make Sure That Your Test Dosage Is Higher Than Your Deca Dosage By At Least 200mg A Week. Just An Opinion. Make Sure You Have Anti Estrogens And Some Hcg For Pct. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by CULT
    Are You Overtraining? Remember Rest Is Just As Important. How Is Your Diet. Diet Is Everything. Diet Is Everything. Make Sure You Are Getting Your Supplements. Id Make Sure That Your Test Dosage Is Higher Than Your Deca Dosage By At Least 200mg A Week. Just An Opinion. Make Sure You Have Anti Estrogens And Some Hcg For Pct. Good Luck
    that is kind of an old train of thought. an hrt dosage should be more than sufficient for libido. otherwise it can be prolactin or progesterone related

ok let's take a closer look at some points you guys mentioned.

1. Test dose should be higher than deca.
    In my case the test is deffinetly higher dosed than deca.

2. Diet. Are you eating enough?
    Hell yeah. I have a total carb intake of 400gram, 350 gram of protein and about 45 gram fat. Good for a total of 4000kcal. Man if that's not enough, i really don't know it anymore.

3. overtraining
    Nope it can't be. I am training 4 times in the week and have 3 days off. My training takes about 60-70min.

4. not enough rest.
    This might be a reason. Since a week or 2 i have a new schedule for school. I got to get up early and my days at school are really long these days.

5. Estrogen build up.
    well i am not sure about this one. It is possible. But a typical side effect of estrogen buildup is retaining a lot of water. In my case I am not dealing with that. So I don't think that my estrogen levels are high enough to have a serious effect on my libido.

6. Test levels are stabilized or your body has adjusted to high test levels?
    Can be possible. I wouldn't know really.

thx for the comments guys
    Last edited by Towel; 11-24-2007 at 08:22 AM.

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Steroids lower t-3 which in turn can increse prolactin...

Merc.

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    imo all you HAVE TO HAVE test wise is an hrt dose to keep libido. The old " more test that other compounds" is outdated i think. Yes i have had the same thing happen to me. I was super randy at first then it leveled off. In my case my libido seemed lower because it was so hig at first but didnt end up being lower really at all. Does that make sense?

Are you taking anything for prolactin? b6, caber, bromo? Could be it but im not sure.

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    Steroids lower t-3 which in turn can increse prolactin...

Merc.
    so you would advise taking what, 25mcg a day of t3???

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by millionairemurph View Post
    so you would advise taking what, 25mcg a day of t3???
    Caber or bromo would help with prolactin.. Maybe at a dose of 250 mcg 2 x per week ... I used caber in the past 250 mcg on mon and again on thurs and my sex drive was through the roof,..

Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic
    could be prolactin related, you could get some caber and that might fix things
    3rd post and no mention. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Towel View Post
    Hey guys, as some of you know i am running a test/deca cycle. Right now i am about to finish my sixth week. So far i have gained about 13lb. Which makes an average of 2lb each week. Well to some it may be not much, but I eat verry clean and I only have a slight water retention so far. Things are going good.

Now let's get back ontopic. Since this week I feel that my libido has decreased. Is this possible while being on test? It's not like that my libido has crushed into the ground or something. I mean damn if I had a the chance to play some 1on1 I would certainly go for it. My willy works fine as well and my nuts don't seem to have shrunken much. Just a little. But a couple weeks ago, my libido was so high it made me crazy! So how come it changed now?

just curious to know.

thx
    It's the deca bro. It's normal. If you want to decrease your deca and up your test. Or just get a natural sex stimulant. Try Alzare or Extendz or just straight up yohimbe extract. Make sure your blood pressure is good to go before taking it. But stay away from Stamina Rx.

thanks for the comments. Man all these names you guys are mentioning are all new to me. I have been on other steroid boards for years but never heard anyone talk about this stuff. A lot of medication you guys are mentioning are verry hard to find UG here, since i don't live in the US. I will do some reading about prolacting and cabergoline.

Thread Information