Thread: Stupid question

FASTBOATS25 is offline Junior Member

Stupid question

I know this is a stupid question but is there a trick to opening amps. First cycle using amps. I see where the top is supposed to snap off but I’ve shattered 2 in my hand. It’s not very pleasant picking shards of glass out of my hand and even more unpleasant is loosing test. Maybe I’m just an oger but I thought it was worth a shot to ask you guys.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    What type amps do you have? I've done that with a few amps before...mainly the old batches of Galenika's. You have to get an amp opener or at least a file.

By the way, definitely not a dumb question. This is a common problem with some of the companies that don't score thier amps

Galenika's it is, you're good. Test e 250

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Quote Originally Posted by FASTBOATS25 View Post
    Galenika's it is, you're good. Test e 250
    Ahhhh, my absolute favorites...how did i guess LOL. Anyway, the old batches have no scoring at all and will completely disintegrate in your hand leaving you with about 1.2ml of oil drippin down your arm...trust me, done this before. use a file, or at least a pair of pliers to break the top off. Make sure you wipe everything down with alcohols to at least "clean" it before attempting

thanks man, ill give that a shot. i was hoping i wasn't the only guy that has done that before.

green22 is offline Senior Member
    man those amps are agrivating as hell. Break one or two if those sucker and you wanna talk about roid rage !!!!!!lol

fl2tn is offline New Member
    LOL......bro im with ya, man it sux too, anyway a "bic" pen cap always did the trick for me, fits perfect..........quick snap and your golden

BigDog69 is offline New Member
    This may not be proper but I just prop the tip against a corner of a counter or in the sink and just lightly tap it with say a spoon and the top pops right off. Yea it leaves a jagged top but you are only drawing from it once so just be careful.

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    ok first you need to score it with a fie of some kind. score it lightly a the way around for a few minutes. Then put the whoe thing inside a towel in your hand. With one hand push the top of the amp off with the thumb of that hand while holding the bottom part. i have done this and never spilled a drop or got glass in my hands. Then draw out your aas, making sure to change the pin after your syringe is full.

sphincter is offline Member
    yeah, you can get a glas scorer from lots of places.. science supply stores, glas places, etc... use that and make a good score mark (no sawing) just a single score in one direction and the the top should snap right off.

IF you really like this gear and source and suspect you will be having many of these amps in the future, you may want to acquire teh reight tool to make life easier.

KeepingItBalanced is offline Associate Member
    forgot where i got my amp opener, but definitely worth the few bucks i spent on it. Even though I will probably be using sachets/multi dose vials from here on out...

i score with it, then i put a pen cap over the top(I shattered an amp once with the amp opener as the snapping device, I think the glass cutter dug into the side as it snapped the top), then wrap it in a towel and snap.

beautiful clean breaks every time with that awesome popping sound! I have used just a file around the neck and a pin cap method too.

zgetphyscl is offline New Member
    Who wants to get a file and try to scratch a score on the tough boro-silicate ampule. Takes forever!! May still shatter your ampule when you try to pop the tough off. Best bet: wipe it down good with alcohol, grab a hold of it with some dry toilet paper to get a good grip on it. Leave the top of the amp exposed and just crush the top of the amp with a pair of pliers. Be sure to tip the amp on an angle so the glass shards won't go into the amp. Even if they do, they will probably be too big to get sucked up in a 22 0r 23 guage needle. Quick and easy... get on with your workout.

Chuck_R is offline Member
    I bought a "Clic Open" by Sepha at www.clicopen.com and........IT SUX! So I opted for a hack saw blade to score and a bic pen top to "pop it"

Thread Information