MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST

Anavar and PIMPLES

Let me start out by saying. I NEVER get pimples, when I say never that means I would get that one or two pimples on a yearly basis. I am taking a cycle of Anavar and I'm getting patches of pimples and my skin looks like CRAP!!!!! It looks awful, I am getting nervous thinking this is a bad thing and that it wont go away once im off of the Anavar.

By the way i am taking 50mg a day.............

Please help and tell me this is a normal thing.........????

I've read your threads before so I know youve been training pretty hard. You had some time off from training, and your using a trainer at a gym.Im a trainer at a gym and have this problem constantly with people who have not had the problem in the past, but have been out of the gym for a stretch. Mostly we blame it on bacteria(public gym) and toxins being flushed out of the body. After some extra attetion is paid to hygiene and or equipment wipe down,proper diet,fluid intake and time.The problem subsides.Sometimes people who had no skin problems in the past have to take some extra measures to get back to where there were before.
    If youve gone through precautions already to help try to contain these breakouts then maybe your having an issue with the var, but I've never had any acne stick around afterward for more than a few monthes after pct and some treatment of some sort.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    if your prone to acne yull get acne

SL63 is offline Associate Member
    Anavar is really mild, 50mg is not an advance dose...But if you are prone to zits you will get them.. I find personally, that I get zits when my hormone levels change. Once my body gets used to them they go away.

Clean and clear with microscrubbers is a really good face wash. Its not expensive or fancy, but it works the best out of everything I have used.

Calyptus is offline New Member
    Lots of var is contaminated with other steroids and just pollution(minerals). Looks like yours is.

spooledup is offline Banned
    Var is a DHT derivative as is stan. Both give me terrible acne.

EQ doesn't give me any acne problems and actually clears me up (weird).

Test gives me very minor acne.

facile is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spooledup View Post
    Var is a DHT derivative as is stan. Both give me terrible acne.

EQ doesn't give me any acne problems and actually clears me up (weird).

Test gives me very minor acne.
    Same here, Var at 60 mg a day gave me bad acne, EQ, which I'm on now is nice and clear.

I use a oil reducing soap and back brush, all thew time to keep it as minimal as possible.

abombing is offline Associate Member
    I got bad acne on var. My wife was wondering if I wasn't showering after wrestling. I liked the results but I don't know if It's worth the acne.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Well my skin has been clearing up since I got a good face wash to use. Anavar has been working wonders for me and I am seeing amazing gains!!

I wanted to thank everyone for their quick responses, I appreciate all the help you guys give

browboy is offline Associate Member
    So when you say amazing gains, what do you mean? What are your stats, and where were you when you started the cycle? Are you running var only? And are you doing just 50mg a day and for how many weeks? Just curious because I am planning on a var only cycle after the first of the year.

spooledup is offline Banned
    A face wash won't work very well at all. Unless you're not getting deep cystic acne and your acne lies on the surface and isn't very large/painful. Then it may help some. For cystic/deep acne you're kidding yourself

The problem is under the skin. Too much DHT stimulates your sebaceous glands to secrete an overabundance of sebum, which is a oily substance that clogs your hair follicle and traps bacteria way under the skin.

You'd need to try a DHT inhibitor but that may in fact reduce the effectiveness of your cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Needtogetbackinshape View Post
    Well my skin has been clearing up since I got a good face wash to use. Anavar has been working wonders for me and I am seeing amazing gains!!

I wanted to thank everyone for their quick responses, I appreciate all the help you guys give
    Last edited by spooledup; 12-01-2007 at 11:29 AM.

Thread Information