Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Yep, that is were most of the interest is centered right now in much of the research. Keep in mind though its not a huge factor in muscle size increase, hypertrophy is still the main and most important way muscles grow in size.
    So size aside,for an athlete to dope in the off season hoping to acheive things he can recruite later when he is clean or during the season.Is this a more viable egde.In theory?Holding on to 1 or 2% of total performance improvement is podium to not even making the qualifing time.From where Im at its power not weight gain anyway.

bump, muscle science, this thread needs a dramatic ending

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    You want the true? You want the Truth!!! YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH

How was that for dramatic?

It was real dramatic!You killed all our hyperplasia dreams.Now were reduced to just hypertrophy and dreams of satellite cells that just might help make new cells,in theory.lol

This thread has been very imformative.Thought you could give us one more lesson, but I think you might have explained it all throughly. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnycerious View Post
    It was real dramatic!You killed all our hyperplasia dreams.Now were reduced to just hypertrophy and dreams of satellite cells that just might help make new cells,in theory.lol

This thread has been very imformative.Thought you could give us one more lesson, but I think you might have explained it all throughly. Thanks
    There is much more to the debate, I bet if I had time I could do a lit search and find all kinds of information for and against hyperplasia.

My main point is, that I am not saying it doesnt occur. I have seen evidence that hyperplasia to some extent does exist in humans. However I have never seen compelling evidence that its a major factor in muscle growth. So I am not killing anyones dreams this is just what my position is based on my educational background and the research I have done in regards to thesis work for my grad degree.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnycerious View Post

Plus if you want I am open to answering other questions to. I love to help and teach others. Makes me feel like the thousands i spent on my education is somehow worth more than the poverty I live in. LOL

poverty

I know all about poverty, struggling athlete not good enough to completely support myself, but to good to quit and go back to a real job.Ranked in the top 5 athletes in my feild in the country.Make very little money, some sports are fun others are addictive.Education can be similar.The quest for knowlegde sometimes trumps our original goals.At least for me

There is much more to the debate, I bet if I had time I could do a lit search and find all kinds of information for and against hyperplasia.

My main point is, that I am not saying it doesnt occur. I have seen evidence that hyperplasia to some extent does exist in humans. However I have never seen compelling evidence that its a major factor in muscle growth. So I am not killing anyones dreams this is just what my position is based on my educational background and the research I have done in regards to thesis work for my grad degree.
    Touching back on my question earlier, not a major factor in muscle growth.However a strength athlete that developes a few more cells could say have more of edge than he did before.Most likely more advatage than a BB who is only looking for growth.Such a small amount for the athlete might be much more helpful.Would you say this is reasonable?

Blog Entries
    A few more cells amoung millions and billions would not provide any added benefit. Hyperplasia in a sense would only be beneficial in injury recover IF a large amount of cells could be produced. Which is why medical research is so interested.

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    A few more cells amoung millions and billions would not provide any added benefit. Hyperplasia in a sense would only be beneficial in injury recover IF a large amount of cells could be produced. Which is why medical research is so interested.
    If hyperplasmia occurs, over time, these new muscle cells could mature and grow like any other muscle cells...Which might make the muscle look rounder and more dense prehaps...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor View Post
    If hyperplasmia occurs, over time, these new muscle cells could mature and grow like any other muscle cells...Which might make the muscle look rounder and more dense prehaps...
    I just dont see it being a major factor from everything I have read in adding additional size to muscles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information