Thread: smoking

dogman69 is offline Associate Member

smoking

i know smoking is a nasty habbit but started really young couldnt find anything to help me quit yetbut... will smoking effect my gains when on a cycle

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    smoking is just an all around bad idea, being that you are interested in fitness I'd recommend just kicking the habit.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    smoking is a vasoconstricter and appitite suppressent. you will eat more and have better pumps if you quit.

im working on it doc just prescibed this new med supossed to be the best thing out there to quit got my fingers crossed

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Nicotine works as a anti estrogen .. Estrogen plays a " Huge " role in building muscle....

smoking is a terrible habit.. Best of luck on quitting....

What kinda of cycle are you thinking about doing ? Also what are your stats ??

Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by dogman69
    im working on it doc just prescibed this new med supossed to be the best thing out there to quit got my fingers crossed
    good luck quitting, i have been down that road and it is not a fun one. keep your willpower up

about 190 5'10"

some one sugested
    test e
    deca
    dbol
    ill take others suggestions on a sick stack

bodyfat percentage? goals? training history?

test, deca and dbol is overkill for a first cycle, especially with limited knowlege on aas.

the preached and parrotted rule of thumb is test only, but i dont think its time to start outlining a cycle for you yet.

how is your diet? pct knowlege? etc

lots to learn before you consider aas.

iv takin for years deff not my first im looking bulk im a personal trainer so i know how to work out but since i started in high school i was always miss in formed how to use but i know now how to use and do a good pct

solidA is offline Associate Member
    the more i worked out the more smoking kept interfering with the sport
    so i finally quit smoking and drinking and its NIIICEEEEEEEEEEE

much beter results

tuname101 is offline Junior Member
    ya i got hungier wen i quit smoking.. i need to quit again but i love a ciggerate after dinner since it lowers estrogen ill start back up as my pct LOL

Malbolgia is offline Junior Member
    Smoke em if you got em........

JSola is offline Associate Member
    Me and a couple friends quit after reading this book, i know it sounds dumb, but it really helped, you can find it in any self help area of a bookstore, but im sure you can find one for next to nothing on amazon since once you read it you have no more use for it. its called Allen Carr's The Easy Way To Quit Smoking. it really messes your head up about smoking, dispelling a lot of what cigarettes are about, and the best part is they encourage you to KEEP SMOKING while reading the book. Good Luck. I've been free for 2and a half years.

JSola is offline Associate Member
    Thats Not Me On My Avatar I Swear!!!

cache49 is offline Associate Member
    If you really are ready to quit try this... a new srcipt called champix...I work in the oilfield and ive now seen several older men who have smoked a pack a day for thirty years quit and not look back...its supposed to be amazing...ask your doc for info...it apparently targets the receptors in your melon that cause the nicotine craving. Debilitates them completely...Good luck, nasty habit gettr gone...

Perforator is offline Junior Member
    My girlfriend's about to start Chantix. I have the first month's supply in my hand now. Being a former smoker myself it's very hard to be around her and not smoke. A friend of mine used Chantix and said it worked great. Within two weeks he didn't even think about smoking. Good luck dogman69.

my new years resolution is to quite smoking! just got an xbox 360 to help keep me occupied.that, going to the gym, and working on getting a new mustang. 2008 should be a fantastic year! all i need to complete myself is a girl that i actually like. and most girls dont like smokers!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtball 619
    my new years resolution is to quite smoking! just got an xbox 360 to help keep me occupied.that, going to the gym, and working on getting a new mustang. 2008 should be a fantastic year! all i need to complete myself is a girl that i actually like. and most girls dont like smokers!
    good luck bro.

thanks man itll be hard but im replacing cigs with sunflower seeds. i heard there beneficial or some shit like that lmao

PetrX is offline Associate Member
    I was smokin for about 2 yrs str8 and when i started running at the gym again i couldnt even run half a mile...that alone made me quit and havent touched a cig for 8 months ...its a mental addiction and nothing more..

MaGiCJNG is offline Associate Member
    Actually nicotine is known to be a physical addiction as your body craves it, but i definitely agree with you that is has a LOT to do with the mental addiction aspect as well. If you arent strong minded, you arent going to be able to quit...period!

texasmk4 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrX View Post
    I was smokin for about 2 yrs str8 and when i started running at the gym again i couldnt even run half a mile...that alone made me quit and havent touched a cig for 8 months ...its a mental addiction and nothing more..
    agreed, i started smoking when i was 14 there was a time when i used to smoke 2 packs a day...i smoked for almost 13 years and quit.. it has been a year since i did'nt touch a cig i don't even like the smell any more if anyone smokes around me i can't stand the smell.. its a mental addiction everything is in your head... Its not hard to quit...

tuname101 is offline Junior Member
    wat about weed i heard it
    relaxes ur muscles after u work out so they grow faster and u eat more with munchies

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dogman69 View Post
    i know smoking is a nasty habbit but started really young couldnt find anything to help me quit yetbut... will smoking effect my gains when on a cycle
    personally I think it could effect your overall gains.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Unless the rules have changed, talk of recreational drug use is discouraged.

AG

Quote Originally Posted by tuname101 View Post
    wat about w**d i heard it
    relaxes ur muscles after u work out so they grow faster and u eat more with munchies
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtball_619 View Post
    She have any sisters or hot friends? Had to ask bro!

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by tuname101 View Post
    wat about weed i heard it
    No rec drug talk, its in the board rules so go and read them.

Chuck_R is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrX View Post
    No disrespect PetrX but nicotine is one of the most addictive substances known to man. However, when the mind is willing, it can do powerful things, like quitting.

squatking_08 is offline Associate Member
    Obviously nicotine in any form will prove non-beneficial to one's overall health. With that in mind I have dipped copenhagen for the past ten years and i believe i have a pretty good overall physique. So my question is; would me quitting chewing tobacco help with gains and recovery?

solidA is offline Associate Member
    the good thing about being serious about quiting ciagarettes is that itll make u think twice about drinking . because ive tried to quit on numerous occasions and ive come to the relisation that the culprit is drinking , because after a few drinks u want to smoke. so since ive quit smoking i have not had a single drink.

2 for the price of 1

green22 is offline Senior Member
    cancer sticks are not gonna help you one bit.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    smoking is not a good anti estrogen.it will not raise test like letro and adex. there are 400 other chems in those things that will lower all your hormones for sure

IM MACHO is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squatking_08 View Post
    Obviously nicotine in any form will prove non-beneficial to one's overall health. With that in mind I have dipped copenhagen for the past ten years and i believe i have a pretty good overall physique. So my question is; would me quitting chewing tobacco help with gains and recovery?
    only way to find out would be to quit!

Pumpitupnowkidnow is offline New Member
    i quit 10 times already not an easy thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by cache49 View Post
    If you really are ready to quit try this... a new srcipt called champix...I work in the oilfield and ive now seen several older men who have smoked a pack a day for thirty years quit and not look back...its supposed to be amazing...ask your doc for info...it apparently targets the receptors in your melon that cause the nicotine craving. Debilitates them completely...Good luck, nasty habit gettr gone...
    i think you mean chantax or it might be another name fro it but thats what i got

thanks for all your support guys

been smoking since i was 13. i quit for 8-9 month then get sucked back in. quiting again 1 of the year, but i read a study that said smoking breaks down muscle. something to do with oxgyen in the blood, ill look for the read and post it.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    Nicotine works as a anti estrogen .. Estrogen plays a " Huge " role in building muscle....
    Impressive fact Merc! Not many people know that.

Airborne82 is offline New Member
    I smoked for years and managed to quit. If I can anyone can! Good luck trying to kick the habit.

Thread Information