Billytk03z is offline Member

adrenal fatigue, adrenal receptors????

I no longer respond to ephedra, redline, etc.... like I used to ..... I use to be able to take 25mg ephedrine chased with a cup of black coffe and hit the gym with the most insane energy and workouts.... for the past 2 years now I have not responded at all to ephedra, caffeine, redline... is there anything I can do to upregulate my receptors again?

Chuck_R is offline Member
    I know benedryl is suppose to reset beta receptors, but given the length of time you've been on I would discontinue for awhile(few months?) and then restart.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Take a few months off, Your body has mechanisms to process drugs more efficiently (degrading and deactivating) the longer they are exposed to them. For example the smooth endoplasmic reticulum present in every cell will start to express enzymes more and more as it is exposed to whatever particular compound it sees based on time and repetition to exposure. This is the basic underlying mechanism for most drug resistance. I cant think of the class of enzymes for sure but I believe its the super family called Cytochrome P450 if you really want to know I will look it up tomorrow. Most of the processing is of course done by the liver.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    After looking it up it was the cytochrome family of enzymes that does a lot of drug degradation. P450 is a mixed oxidase enzyme that shortens the half life of drugs in the system. The more it is expressed the shorter the half life becomes versus baseline usage. Thus increased dosages would need to be taken to obtain the same results.

Billytk03z is offline Member
    I have been off of stimulants for over a year now (using only black coffee)..... should I give benedryl a shot?

kick6 is offline Banned
    a weeks worth of benadryl will upregulate SOME of the receptors that ephedra stimulates, but not all of them. You could try, but really that type of fat burner shouldn't be used for longer than 6 weeks in a row, and in most people the effects start trailing off after just 2 weeks.

Thread Information