Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member

Progress update : 4 weeks in

Starting weight 182lbs at about 20%bf height 5-9 out of gym for almost 3 years. Trained light for 1 month to wake up, then started cycle. I am 4 weeks in.

wk 1-12 Supertest 450mg E4D
    Primo 100mg E4D
    wk 1-4 Var 50mg ED

Current weight, 198lbs, with no gain in waiste size. Basic lifts, 2-3 sets, always to failure before rep 8. I dont do maxes yet, so i dont know what my 1 rep lifts are. 5 days a week in the gym for about 1 to 1.5 hours, very heavy, always to concentric failure.

Bench - 205lbs
    Squat - 285lbs
    Deadlift - 315lbs
    Wide Dip - body + 45lbs
    Chin up - body +10lbs
    Cable row 170lbs
    Barbell Curl 80pds
    Skull Crushers - 90pds

That about it! Body is transforming daily. I need to get more educated on diet... anyone got some good books to refer me to, or sites? Thnx,

~DB~

DNA
    DNA is offline Junior Member
    Check out the diet forum.

Try to create a diet that consists of food you like so you wont deviate. For me I like skinless chicken, oatmeal, potatos and whole grains, etc...

Or you using Super Test 350 ?

First cycle?
    Last edited by DNA; 02-10-2008 at 08:52 PM.

DNA
    DNA is offline Junior Member
    drummerboy you have a PM

eff_haters is offline New Member
    hey drummerboy, shoot me a PM......where in canada are you located and also id like to ask a couple questions since you seem very knowledgeable about AS....or email me since it doesnt seem to let me have private messages :S

Quote Originally Posted by eff_haters View Post
    hey drummerboy, shoot me a PM......where in canada are you located and also id like to ask a couple questions since you seem very knowledgeable about AS....or email me since it doesnt seem to let me have private messages :S

you need to post more to get PM's. when you get there PM me and ill talk to ya.

~DB~

Quote Originally Posted by DNA View Post
    Check out the diet forum.

Try to create a diet that consists of food you like so you wont deviate. For me I like skinless chicken, oatmeal, potatos and whole grains, etc...

Or you using Super Test 350 ?

First cycle?

supertest 450, and no ive cycled on and off for a bit. I pretty much know what i need to about cycling, just have to get the diet tweaked.

bench up to 225
    incline db up to 80's
    bent over rows 185
    Barbell Curls 85lbs.
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 02-19-2008 at 09:52 PM.

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I noticed the part where you said no gain in waist size. Thats great! The mid section is a bit of a battle for me whilst I'm gaining weight. I take it that supertest is the sachets? I'm curious if those are very painful. Keep us updated and good luck with cycle.

You know about this site, it's one of my favorites, tons of great articles...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Great to see some real #s buddy! You have always done your homework, thanks for posting this

What is your PWO nutrition like? I always emphasize this the most personally...

Ecto : yea they are the sachets and yea they hurt like hell. Took me about 2-3 weeks to get used to them. I inject straight out of the sachet, no cut. Thnx for the link too

Hey Vette, good to hear from ya bro

Im following the Truth About Building Muscle information package. It includes a complete workout/nutrition plan completely spelled out. What an awsome value. Noobs would be jacked in no time following this bread and butter no BS kick your ass routine. Would take care of a lot of the redundant questions too.

My PWO currently on a 2500-3000 a day plan is a shake which is about 2:1 carbs and protien coming in at about 500 calories. Important to note that the post workout shake needs to be high in fast, simple carbs. I use straight dextrose, or just use grape juice with a good, pure protien. Its about 50 grams of protien and 90 grams of carbs, soooo important to get that into you immediately after a workout, as i know you stress over and over. Also for you new guys - the pre workout shake should have slow carbs, just blend in about a cup of oatmeal with protien powder in a cup of skim milk. This will get you through the heavy training required to stimulate growth.

I am switching to egg protien cause i cannot tolerate whey well. I think i need a pure whey... the sweeteners and fillers jack me up! I will continue to post results here... i am growing at a faster pace than i ever have due to a great increase in my nutritional education, better training knowledge (yes, you can overtrain on juice lol) and proper rest periods. Man, i only do 8 sets on big muscle groups (not including initial warmup) and im TOAST after 45-60 min. It works awsome. All hail heavy compounds and freeweights!

~DB~
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 02-19-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Dr_Funk is offline New Member
    Glad things are going well for you. Probably should have trained for longer than a month after a 3 year lay-off but whatever, as long as you're happy with your results that's all that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Funk View Post
    Glad things are going well for you. Probably should have trained for longer than a month after a 3 year lay-off but whatever, as long as you're happy with your results that's all that really matters.
    my daily work keeps me from being to lax... so it wasnt so bad

eff_haters is offline New Member
    Where did you get this "Truth About Building Muscle information package" from? Thanks!

i actually purchased the program... best 77 bucks you can spend if you want to know how to train and eat

keep in mind tho... its for natural training... your calculated caloric intake can go up an extra few hundred a day over top of what he says, and your healing time is shorter than 1 week for a given muscle group, say a few days, when your on a decent cycle. Natural is the way to start tho

Squats up to 305 today...
    leg press is at 820... but real hard... i think im stuck here for a bit
    leg curls on a flex machine are at 135... more than 2x what they were a month ago
    calf raises standing on apex machine are at 260....
    seated apex are at 185.
    great progress... keep you posted!

Joints are having a hard time keeping up with muscle gain tho... careful for injuries...

wes cst rydr is offline Associate Member
    good info bro....i noticed about 6 weeks in my knees n elbows start givn me hell!! it almost seemed like i had fluid in my knees.
    Last edited by wes cst rydr; 02-16-2008 at 02:25 AM. Reason: spelling error

bench up to 235
    skull crushers at 90
    wide dips - me + 75pds (!)
    incline dumbell is at 85's

kostakv is offline Associate Member
    How many times are you benching 235.

kostakv is offline Associate Member
    it seems it went up 35 pounds in 1 week. Excellent.

at least 5 reps, no more than 7, to complete concentric failure. most excersises are done like this in this routine. funny thing... only 2 sets per excersize max, working awsome.

~DB~

P4D2A022 is offline Junior Member
    wow. congrats on the success man. keep it up!

Thnx!

Shoulders cant keep up with crazy muscle growth. Im cutting back to 450ml E7D and taking a week off to heal... both rotater cuffs are sore from hard presses and dips. Training legs every 4 days instead for now... got a joint formula supplement, some glucosamine and vitamin c for immune boost. Keep ya posted....

Sweeeeet

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    whats ur weight sittin at now and are you doin any cardio?

Im sitting at 199, no increase in waiste size. I am only doing 5 mins of moderate cardio before a workout, along with a 10-15 weight acclimation (a light pyramid only on bench - NOT intended to cause fatigue, but warm up joints). I am in a bulking phase, so cardio is counter productive. I will switch diet and training when appropriate to cut up.

I was at about 3000 calories a day, but im not a hard gainer, so im cutting back to 2500 as it seems optimum for me.... aiming at 180-190 ripped... im only 5-9, so this is easy to get to. Heres hoping my rotater cuffs and elbows feel better soon! I wanna get back on that damn bench!!

~DB~

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    17 lbs in less than 6 weeks, nice.

How much are u military pressin with barbell?

Tip to relieve some stress off ur shoulders while performing bench as I had the same problem with my left shoulder:

When u bring barbell down, do not let ur elbows break the plane of ur back. In other words the rear of ur arms should be parallel to the floor, then press the weight back up. The amount of additional stress that is placed on the shoulders when barbell is brought to chest is multiplied exponentially. Just a tip, hope it works for you as it has for me. (not to mention the long-term injury prevention it aids with too!!)
    Last edited by Panzerfaust80; 02-20-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks for the tip, i will try it out for sure... that range of motion will decrease the intensity on the chest, but increasing weight might compensate for that... ill run it by my trainer too, and see what he thinks... Off to do legs, will report later today how it goes...

~DB~

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    17 lbs in less than 6 weeks, nice.
    Yea... 10 pds water, but about a pound a week lean, which is a great pace for me. Its all in the diet...

~DB~

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Thanks for the tip, i will try it out for sure... that range of motion will decrease the intensity on the chest, but increasing weight might compensate for that... ill run it by my trainer too, and see what he thinks... Off to do legs, will report later today how it goes...

~DB~
    Difference would be negligible. There are so many other chest exercises you can do to make up for that 2-3 inches you arent finishing on bench. And anyways you keep complaining about your cuffs!! who really cares about that 2 inch "intensity" anyways if u cant move ur arm?! Good luk bra.

Oh u never said how much u military press w/ barbell?

drummer, whats good?

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust80 View Post
    Difference would be negligible. There are so many other chest exercises you can do to make up for that 2-3 inches you arent finishing on bench. And anyways you keep complaining about your cuffs!! who really cares about that 2 inch "intensity" anyways if u cant move ur arm?! Good luk bra.

Oh u never said how much u military press w/ barbell?
    i will def. look into it... give it a shot next chest day... i dont lift barbells above my head anymore, so i dont know my max, cause of the rotator cuffs... i use dumbells, and i use 60's for sets right now... till i get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by P4D2A022 View Post
    drummer, whats good?

i dont know what your asking.... ?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    i dont know what your asking.... ?
    I was wondering the same thing

i meant with any updates.. how was the workout?

Oh lol!

Yea i just got in...

Barbell Squats up to 315 today, made it to 7th rep
    leg curls at 135 again,
    leg press still at 810... it will be a bit till i go up, maybe a week or 2
    standing calf raise atlantis, 280
    seated calf raise at 200

Thats it for today... gonna rest tomoro, then try chest....

nice gains man

Your lower body seems much stronger than ur upper body. I am the exact opposite. I can rep military 225 lbs. and bench 315 reps however 225 for squat feels heavy to me lol... CLS = Chicken Leg Syndrome.

Good gains thou bro keep it up.. hope that cuff heals man!

yea.... legs are getting crazy gains, back is too, however chest and bi's are slow to come up.... shoulders are growing good tho lol... im on my way to a chest day now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information