Castradomus is offline Junior Member

Calorie deficiency while on cycle

So i have been reading about people cutting their calories drastically while on cycle, only consuming about 1500 or so calories, and experienced almost no muscle loss. So my questions are, what mechanisms prevent the breakdown of muscle, and secondly does this phenomena apply to all steroids . Now remember im only asking about how muscles manage to stay in a state of anabolism while they should clearly be catabolic.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    nitrogen retention (positive nitrogen balance)

and this is true for all steroids ?

bump, with an addendum. What would the minimum amounts needed of lets say, test or anavar to attain/maintain this positive nitrogen balance. Assuming im about 200 pounds.

too many variables. depends on the macros, cardio, calorie deficite, the basal metabolic rate of the individual and their aas sensitivity

kick6 is offline Banned
    I've always looked at it like this:

the additional catabolism associated with a diet is negated by the additional anabolism from taking steroids .

Is that wrong

Quote Originally Posted by kick6 View Post
    I've always looked at it like this:

the additional catabolism associated with a diet is negated by the additional anabolism from taking steroids .

Is that wrong
    yes actually it is wrong.
    anabolic effects of aas is dependent on the compound its self as well as the dose (2 variables)
    also the amount of catabolism on a diet is dictated by the greater the gap in the calorie deficite... infact you really dont need aas if ur just using a 300 or so calorie decrease... especially if your protein is high.. but if ur dropping your cals by 1200 there will be a definete loss in LBM.

alot of times people lose lbm when dieting even if they are on aas.

Any idea if there is some sort of spreadsheet type application, that could ballpark how low you could go with losing minimal muscle mass.

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    That is impossible. Tai already explained that there are too many variables involved.

Like explained before, if you wnat to keep your muscle while cutting without aas you should try not to be more than 300-400cals below maintenance, having a high protein diet. While on aas there is a better chance to keep your muscle while dieting. Then it all comes to how below your maintenance level you are and the compounds and dosages run. If you are not too far below maintenance level and running a compound like tren (high anabolism, high androgenic and anti-catabolic properties) you can even gain while cutting, but diet has to be on spot.

hmm i was under the impression, that the anabolic effect was much stronger than it actually is, and as far as tren goes, i want to stay away from it for some time longer, as i dont think i need that strong a compound just yet. Anyways, thanks guys.

HURRICANE3500 is offline Junior Member
    from what i know primo is suppose to be the great at this ..actually building muscle while cuttin cals

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANE3500 View Post
    from what i know primo is suppose to be the great at this ..actually building muscle while cuttin cals
    Don't count too much on that. Primo is weak IMO.

Thread Information