SlammiN is offline Junior Member

Pros and cons of test only cycles.

As above please could people give me the pros and cons as i'm ordering my next course and fancy doing test only but people are telling me to get other stuff too. Cheers

Reprisal 6 is offline Associate Member
    Thats an opinion question. There are too many to list and not everyone will agree on what is a pro and what is a con.

Please give your stats, cycle history, and the goal you have in mind for this next cycle and it will be easier to tell you what might work best.

Usually people will add different compounds at a specific time to get a particular outcome. I see a lot of newer guys just wanting to throw everything they can into a cycle but they don't really know when to add compounds or why.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    it all depends on your experiance. test only cycles are great but if you have done a couple cycles and want to grow faster then you can stack it with deca and/or d-bol. on the other hand if you want to harden up you can stack it with masteron , winny, primo or eq. for beginers test cycles work fine and if the training and diet is good you can usually put on a good bit of muscle

Sculpture is offline Associate Member
    If you like your joints and tendons then keep the test dosage low enough that you don't have to use anti-estrogens on cycle.

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    test is a great cycle for beginners. The cons are some sides you can get but test only they can be easily be handled for most people

BuffBuffalo is offline Senior Member
    I've done two test only cycles, but I never thought there was an advantage to using ONLY test. It seems that stacking would always be a better option if you were serious about gaining muscle.

green22 is offline Senior Member
    test only is great!!!!

lmsays is offline New Member
    Test cycles? I'm too horny. Everyone says to use at least as much test as deca when stacking. I was intentionally trying not to increase my sex drive and was using 75mg test p and 225mg nandrolone phenylp EoD trying to hide this from my wife. Sex drive was still through the roof and she knew something was up. But that's just my story! If it were my first few cycles I'd still go that route though.

meathead320 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sculpture View Post
    If you like your joints and tendons then keep the test dosage low enough that you don't have to use anti-estrogens on cycle.
    Even when guys are using relatively high doses of test, 500mg-1g EW, the trick with the AIs is to use only the bare minimum.

I suspect that a lot of the injuries to weak connective tissue, weakened by too low of Estradiol, is a result of using too much AIs.

You cannot go all out war on Estradiol, as it has very iportant effects.

Best to use blood work to monitor levels, as they should never be over 50 pg/ml, and never under 20 pg/ml. Ideally you would like to be 20-30, however with levels up near 50, if it is a big Mass building cycle, the slightly elevated levels around 40-50 could healp the joints and tendons.

On paper anyway.

As far as I know, there have been no studies done on this, but on paper, the prime suspect in weak tendons is too low of Estradiol.

One can use a lot of test without dropping the E2 too low.

The problem comes in when guys are just "taking Arimidex ", or "taking Letro".

I hate hearing the vague terms for use of AI’s, as the dose needs to be specifically the bare minimum to prevent Estrogenic sides like gyno, or heavy water retention.

More than is needed tends to be the norm, and a lot of guys shut it down all together, then wonder why they have such high cholesterol, they can’t get a boner, and they just tore a quad.

Mr Tick is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmsays View Post
    Test cycles? I'm too horny. Everyone says to use at least as much test as deca when stacking. I was intentionally trying not to increase my sex drive and was using 75mg test p and 225mg nandrolone phenylp EoD trying to hide this from my wife. Sex drive was still through the roof and she knew something was up. But that's just my story! If it were my first few cycles I'd still go that route though.
    Why would you try to hide it from her? I couldent hide something as involved as ass from her. Actually i just had the Talk with her the other night about me using aas. Long talk but in the end she understood. Would off been in more sh*t trying to hide it. IMO

sizemattersHP is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FFRob2001 View Post
    Why would you try to hide it from her? I couldent hide something as involved as ass from her. Actually i just had the Talk with her the other night about me using aas. Long talk but in the end she understood. Would off been in more sh*t trying to hide it. IMO
    agreed ! I spoke to my misses b4 i started it too, she wasn't exactly over the moon about it , but in the end she understood.

SlammiN is offline Junior Member
    Its only my second cycle. My last was sust and deca . My stats are 22, 5'6, 170lbs and i'm trying to do more bulking on this cycle really. The added hornyness for me would be great as i love having loads of sex. I was thinking of 750mg test e per week. My last cycle i had no estrogenic sides but i have ancillaries on hand also. Think this time i will be doing the anthony roberts pct. Let me know what you think. Cheers

Philmac23 is offline Junior Member
    My wife was against it at first too, but then we watched the brian gumble special on it and since then I have warmed her up to it.

Sear_Z is offline Junior Member
    hmmmm...im doing a sus/deca cycle and i just broke up with my cheating g/f...maybe i should up the sus dose...cause i plan on slayeing as many b*tches as possible...lol...but seriously im sad

AR15 guy is offline Junior Member
    I don't need test to be horny as hell. I am a stallion with or without it lol.

What sucks is the test makes you take longer. Which would normally be good if it didn't take me forever already.

bluehaze is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15 guy View Post

meathead320 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15 guy View Post

What sucks is the test makes you take longer. Which would normally be good if it didn't take me forever already.
    It may make you take longer, but that is the exact opposite of what a lot of guys get with it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Philmac23 View Post
    My wife was against it at first too, but then we watched the brian gumble special on it and since then I have warmed her up to it.
    LoL that's pretty funny. My g/f hates the idea of me doing a cycle. I haven't been on one since we started dating like 10 months ago (on a side note, yes I have pretty much turned into a skeleton since then lol), but seriously I need some good propaganda to throw at her. Any suggestions?

Overhaulz is offline Associate Member
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=z0LEj8IPHGU is a decent video to show her.

If the link doesn't work for some reason, just YouTube search "Truth about Steroids ".

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    I heart Test only cycles!

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I'm biased because I'm on my first cycle and its test only, but I also heart Test only cycles dizz

Quote Originally Posted by Overhaulz View Post
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=z0LEj8IPHGU is a decent video to show her.

If the link doesn't work for some reason, just YouTube search "Truth about Steroids".
    Hey thanks a lot bro, maybe that will do the trick!

SECdominance is offline Junior Member
    Test only is obviously recommended 1st cycle, but to each...his own

Quote Originally Posted by SECdominance View Post
    Test only is obviously recommended 1st cycle, but to each...his own
    Thats what I've heard also and I think its def a rule that should be followed.

Thread Information