Boochan is offline New Member

Talking with Doc

Beore my first cycle I am thinking of telling my doctor what I will be doing. The idea is to have him do bloodwork before and after just to be sure nothing goes wrong. Is this overkill? Anyone have good or bad experience? Any holes in doctor/patient confidentiallity? Any issues with insurance?

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    if you do tell him he may refuse to do bloodwork and he will most certainly lecture you on aas use.

im not sure about patient confidentiality in the states, but i dont think he can say anything, again, not sure about the insurance.

i wouldnt tell him.

Budk024 is offline Associate Member
    Honestly you should probably not tell him. There are other ways to get bloodwork done without having to tell him you are using aas. However if you are very close with him thats a different story cuz there are people on here who get their aas administered by a professional. Just be smart about it and dont get yourself into trouble, there is already a lot of attention on the subject.

I'm tight with my doc so I tell him and he gives me advice "unofficially," and a lot of lectures. He says if I wasn't a long time patient that he cared about he would have discharged me.

Boochan is offline New Member
    Thanks guys.

You want a lipid panel to monitor for increasing cholesterol, liver function tests and a measurement of your serum testosterone . To get this say

"My father had heart disease and it would ease my mind to check and see if i need to work on my cholesterol early rather than later."

"I have been drinking pretty regularly for a few years (2-3 drinks a day)" and then follow with... "I have had some pain here (point to your liver) of and on for a few weeks. Do you think something could be wrong with my liver?"

And finally "My sex drive isn't what it used to be. There is nothing wrong with my relationships, and I'm not stressed at all, i just seem to not get turned on like I used to" and even maybe follow with "I did take some over the counter pro-hormones I got at GNC, I thought they were safe but maybe they screwed with my normal hormones? I thought we could check to be sure."

Like Ferris Beuler said...if you go overboard you could get a nervous mom and wind up in the hospital....but with those statements above your doc will happily agree to run those blood tests. And you raise any eyebrows asking for copies. The only issue is...do you know how to interpret an abnormal result? And also...getting the first set isnt an issue...its the second set that will be harder to justify without telling him the truth...or going to another doc.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    i'm very open with my doctor, and never had a problem

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    If that is the case then you should tell him so you can monitor your bloodwork

Nstart is offline Associate Member
    I told my doctor my researched AAS for a year in great detail and I fully believed it what I was doing was very safe. Tell him a lot of the problems occur from abuse not use. This is where I finally changed his mind.

He knew my diet was spot on, I was in very good shape, and he did quiz me on anabolics and I was able to answer all of his questions to his satisfaction. Unofficially, he said that I am in great shape and if someone HAD to do what I was doing, I was in the best shape for it.

He took my blood work before my first cycle, when the results came in, I saw him and we talked about it. I was good to go. He then said he would like to take my blood work every 3-4 weeks to see how I was fairing. To his amazement, AAS did not impact me as much as he has thought.

Thread Information