stitch1967 is offline Member

Exclamation Dutasteride and DHT based steriods...Need explanation

OK so ppl on Tren , Winny, Primo and other DHT based steriods take dutasteride to help with hairloss, prostate enlargement, acne (DHT side effects). But how does dutasteride block the bad without limiting the gains of these steriod cycles....

PLEASE EXPLAIN

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Thats a good question thats bothered me. Here's why I question the effects of it. Dutasteride is a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor, that means it blocks the enzyme, 5-alpha-reductase, which prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Now if your taking Winny, Primo, masteron , or anavar you are introducing DHT into the body and blocking the enzyme is meaningless. The DHT is what is causing the balding or prostrate growth. The drug, Dutasteride, doesn't block the action of the DHTs it blocks the production of it. I see no logical reason to take Dutasteride or other 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors if your taking a DHT.

Side note: you mentioned Tren , tren is a 19-nor not a DHT

^^ Bingo.

Taking dutasteride with a DHT would not do anything but wreck your gains from the DHT..

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    I see your point kforst....but I wonder if propecia or avodart would help out at all with the test or other compounds in your cycle???

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Dude View Post
    I see your point kforst....but I wonder if propecia or avodart would help out at all with the test or other compounds in your cycle???
    It only helps out with TEST

DUTA wipes out the 5-AR enzyme... which converts TEST into DHT..

TEST converts into DHT and ESTROGEN..

with DUTA.. it only converts to ESTROGEN..
    so with DUTA u will have elevated levels of TEST and ESTROGEN. cause the stuff that would become DHT woudl be split between those two..

TEST can also bind to follicle receptors in your hair. It is just not as strong as DHT.. in other u might still lose hair while using DUTA.. but most do not i believe (not counting the shedding sessions, when u get on and get off)

==========
    as far as gains go..
    Your gains will still be good.. if you're only using TEST.. u might be a lil bit more soft.. cause more estrogen, and no DHT...

but since u're mentioning other compounds, that do not use 5-AR.. that means your gains will not be diminished in any way.

DUTA does not do anything to prevent hairloss from these other agents, cause they do not convert to DHT.. they just bind to the hair follicles as themselves or something completely else..

so good idea to also get like anti-adrogen shampoo for your head.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post

so with DUTA u will have elevated levels of TEST and ESTROGEN. cause the stuff that would become DHT woudl be split between those two..

TEST can also bind to follicle receptors in your hair. It is just not as strong as DHT.. in other u might still lose hair while using DUTA.. but most do not i believe (not counting the shedding sessions, when u get on and get off)

==========
    as far as gains go..
    Your gains will still be good.. if you're only using TEST.. u might be a lil bit more soft.. cause more estrogen, and no DHT...

but since u're mentioning other compounds, that do not use 5-AR.. that means your gains will not be diminished in any way.

DUTA does not do anything to prevent hairloss from these other agents, cause they do not convert to DHT.. they just bind to the hair follicles as themselves or something completely else..

Spot-on post.

Especially the bit in bold

-CNS

Nizoral 2% is your friend. Great post Pooks.

The thing that saddens about not being able to run DHT based compounds, is not getting a hard/lean look as I could have..

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06 View Post
    Thats a good question thats bothered me. Here's why I question the effects of it. Dutasteride is a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor, that means it blocks the enzyme, 5-alpha-reductase, which prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Now if your taking Winny, Primo, masteron , or anavar you are introducing DHT into the body and blocking the enzyme is meaningless. The DHT is what is causing the balding or prostrate growth. The drug, Dutasteride, doesn't block the action of the DHTs it blocks the production of it. I see no logical reason to take Dutasteride or other 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors if your taking a DHT.

Side note: you mentioned Tren, tren is a 19-nor not a DHT
    Very very useful info bro.
    BTW, Trenbolones are DHT derivates anyway.

Njord is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
    Very very useful info bro.
    BTW, Trenbolones are DHT derivates anyway.
    No, 19-nor.

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Trenbolone is a derivative of 19-Nortestosterone (Nandrolone ) and since nandrolone is a DHT derivative, so just doing 1+1 we have the game done.

CL

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post

==========
    as far as gains go..

Also want to add that Dutasteride is more effective in stopping the conversion into DHT, slightly, then Finasteride. Using a topical as Spiro or Nizoral will also help as stated.

Blog Entries
    Trenbolone is a derivative of 19-Nortestosterone (Nandrolone ) and since nandrolone is a DHT derivative, so just doing 1+1 we have the game done.

CL
    what?

Njord is offline Senior Member

CL
    Now that's a quote worthy of the hall of shame!

Garbanzo Dude is offline Member
    Great info.....do you need a pescription for Nizoral 2%? If so can a regular doc give it you or do you need to see a dermotologist?

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Dude View Post
    Great info.....do you need a pescription for Nizoral 2%? If so can a regular doc give it you or do you need to see a dermotologist?
    In the US you do but you can get it fairly easy...just google it or something.

AthleticEngineering is offline Junior Member
    So why doesn't anavar usually cause hair loss if it's a dht derivative?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AthleticEngineering View Post
    So why doesn't anavar usually cause hair loss if it's a dht derivative?
    Because it's not as androgenic as winstrol or masteron ...or anadrol etc.

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    I think this thread is closed. I don't see anything else that can be said on this subject.

CL
    Wow.

Thread Information