Homeguard is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Question on time

Hi Y'all

Just a quick question....

I dislocated my ankle and broke the tibia and fibia. Have had a plate and bolt fitted. Been 6 weeks now and cast due to come off.

As you can imagine I've lost a bit of size and strength (still got physio to go through), anyway, has anybody been off through injury and, if so, does anybody know what would be a "safe" time lapse before starting a cycle.

Also would anybody recommend anything in particular as a cycle strength. I don't wanna stress the area too much when I back on.

For info have been using gear on and off for some 10years + (not continual I hasten to add) and am 42. Weight at mo 238lbs (17 stone).

Cheers for any help and advice guys & gals

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    bro u need to take it easy lol That sounds like a pretty serious injury..
    I do know a guy that jumped back on right after he broke his femur bone but I think it was the stupidest thing he could have done...He did make out ok though...My guess is he was lucky.
    I'd wait it out some if I were you

inkslinger is offline Associate Member
    arent they going to put you through some kind of physical therapy once the cast comes off ? they more than likely will want to do something like that ... I would go through that first and see how you feel .. you dont wanna start using and then have something happen in the middle, it would make it all a waste

Homeguard is offline Associate Member
    Cheers guys

Injury was pretty serious but I have to get my strength/fitness back up as soon as I can.

I won't be juicing for at least 6 weeks after I get the all clear BUT I was jst wondering if anybody else had something similar to give me a bit of a heads up.

Thread Information