PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

Bust Today : SEE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Updated: [March 22, 2008 ] :: 01:01:19 [view 162]
    BRITISH STEROID GANG APPREHENDED IN PATTAYA BY DEA AND THAI POLICE
    100 Drug Enforcement Administration (D.E.A.) officers, equipped with arrest warrants, in co-operation with Thai police, today arrested a British gang selling steroids illegally in Soi Chaiyapreuk, Pattaya and seized assets worth over Bt 20 million

At 8.00 am, 21 March, 2008, Police Major General, Amaresrit Wattanawiboon, Commander of Office of the Narcotics Control Board,(ONCB) who had been co-ordinating with Mr.Andre Kellum, an officer of the D.E.A, acknowledged that there was a gang of foreigners who were running a network selling steroid in Pattaya.

The police and D.E.A. officers, acting on arrest warrant no. 98/255, searched a two-storey house in Pattaya New City Village, Soi Chaiyapreuk , Jomtien Beach Road. The police later arrested Mr.Edwin Richard Crawley (44) a British national who lives in the house, which he had used as the centre of operations for his business. According to the police report, Mr. Edwin Richard Crawley originally opened a company called" Nutri Med. Co. Ltd." registered as an import-export company. However, police did not find any illegal items or incriminating evidence, only documents relating to the import and export of goods.

Another police team also searched a single house opposite and found Mr. Graisorn Tongrak (31) the son- in-law of Mr.Edwin Richard Crawley, who was looking after the house for his father- in-law. Once again, police did not find any illegal items.

After that, the police took both suspects to search another building in the same soi, registered as a company called" Vincent Centre Service Co. Ltd. operating a postal and utility bill payment service. Here, however, police found several empty bags of drugs, called "British Dragon" and 2,500 copies of steroid instruction sheets.

The D.E.A. officers took the steroids away for evidence. They also searched a warehouse behind the Nutri Med. company office, where they found and confiscated two machines used to pack steroids and also seized two land deed papers relating to the two houses, a Toyota car, a BMW R1200 RT motorbike, and 13 bank books which contained millions of baht; in total property worth about Bt 20 million

. A third group of police later arrested Mr.Ashley Vincent Livingston (45) British, and Mrs. Jirawan Livingston(38) , his wife, living at a house in Moo. 10, Soi Kow Noi, Pattaya Hill 1. According to the information police had received, they all belonged to the same gang, whose big boss was Edwin Richard Crawley. At this house, the police did not find any evidence, but seized a land deed paper, a Honda and a Toyota car, jewellery, Bt 100,000 in cash, and six bank books, which had many tens of millions of baht in the accounts. Police Major General, Amaresrit Wattanawiboon, revealed that Thai police were originally notified by the D.E.A. that they had intercepted steroids, which had been delivered to America in plain envelopes and on investigation, discovered that the biggest operation was in Pattaya . Mr. Edwin (the big boss) had been importing steroids from China through the Internet and then forwarding them to USA and Europe. On receipt, customers would send money to his account in Thailand. Some of the goods were sent to Pattaya and repacked in dolls or fruit, to be sent to Europe by parcel or in plain envelopes. Mr. Ashley had been worked with Mr. Edwin as his assistant, finding customers for him. This operation had been running since 1999. It made him a millionaire, being able to afford to buy property in Pattaya worth Bt 20 million. Mr. Edwin was also a volunteer, helping charities in Pattaya, so he was well known among the high-society set. He is also the coach of a disabled weight lifting team, which has won many trophies.

Despite Mr. Edwin's other good works, police arrested him and the other gang members, committing them for trial on charges of having imported, possessed and exported illegal drugs as well as not having paid tax. After a Thai trial, they will all be sent to America for further processing.

News Type : Crime
    Story : Kampee
    Photo : Kampee
    Translater : Sirithanon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment
    Email :
    Name :
    Comment

Type the characters you see in this picture
    This helps us prevent automated programs and spam.
    Security Code ::
    ::

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    It’s a good thing they stopped worrying about crystal m*** started cracking down on steroids .

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson9d View Post
    It’s a good thing they stopped worrying about crystal m*** started cracking down on steroids.
    no friggin kidding....dude this just fires me up so much......before you know it gear will be illegal worldwide...DAMIT....put them dea agents to hunt for bin laden, or something...why dont they go into columbia, afraid of a gun battle....they know typically steroid users are normal civilized people (most of us)and they know were not violent killers contrary to what they think...

Tesla is offline Member
    I thought steroids were legal in Thailand.

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    The law criminalizing steroid use and possession is going to be aproved soon here in Portugal also. Don't these guys have better things to do?

Explain me one thing. If the guys were Brits, and they were arrested in Thailand, why are they being extradited to the US? Ridiculous.

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    I didn't know they could get in trouble from their end being that juice is legal in Thailand. that really sucks though. Does anyone know the exact laws on international shipping from a county that its legal in?

bigt10 is offline Member
    where does the american consitution state the DEA should be seizing steroids in thailand???

Is it only me or the fact that were 9 trillion dollars in debt fighting wars and drug wars around the world with the tax payers dollars as we go into debt??

I think we have drug problems at home we could worry about.

And please were is the data showing people have died from steroids.

Why is the DEA in thailand anyways?

J0k3R is offline Associate Member
    Finally the world is cracking down on the real issues here..... I was afraid that we were gonna spend too much time on terrorism or nuclear weapons, but now we'll all be safe because the money we do have will be going into stopping the rabid abuse of steroids , and studying fire ants.

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member
    exactly were safe of criminals and dangerous drugs and terrorism...so now lets move onto anabolics....friggin insane....

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Pietro and Merc thank you.

-Gear

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    its a wake up call. People dont think the feds are watching. Watch what you say on these boards. They arent stupid.

PT
    this is insane and i wish the dea would stop wasting money and crossing borders for steroid busts. we have over 900million dollars worth of poppy coming out of one freaking country(afganastein) and you never hear one thing about a single bust over there. 91% of the worlds heroin come out of that country and there probably isnt even one team of dea agents over there. they need to start getting there prioritys straight. i cant belive they busted redicat
    Last edited by PT; 03-22-2008 at 03:05 AM.

BIGDOGIRISH is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CheddaNips View Post
    its a wake up call. People dont think the feds are watching. Watch what you say on these boards. They arent stupid.
    So if I said the "DEA suck C0CK!" woould they possibly see it?? he he

Thats ****ed up that 2british can get extradited to America and from Thailand.

PT
    Quote Originally Posted by hugovsilva View Post
    Explain me one thing. If the guys were Brits, and they were arrested in Thailand, why are they being extradited to the US? Ridiculous.
    because they are exporting to the usa. its rare for something like this to happen and there was probably a larger reason which most of us will never know. the usa government did the same thing 15 years ago down in columbia. we helpt the columbian government take down the largest cocain exporter.

They are exporting to all over the world. I really don't urderstand why they have to be extradited to the US. Then again, there may be nothing there to understand.

PT
    Quote Originally Posted by hugovsilva View Post
    They are exporting to all over the world. I really don't urderstand why they have to be extradited to the US. Then again, there may be nothing there to understand.
    when something like this happens the different governments can fight for the accused and usually the country with the most laws broken will get them. i agree with you 100% and i think the us government should spend less time worrying about freaking steroids and more time worrying about hard drugs and terrorists. send those freaking dea agents over to the mountains between pakistein and afganastein and let them try to find bin laden. its insane how much money we waste on this stupied useless crap. how did they just help the world by making this bust?? they didnt

This is completely off topic but I think your government fails to understand one very simple thing. This type of wars simply can not be won and will never be over. Do you think terrorism, drugs and steroids (not that I compare steroids to drugs or terrorism) will ever seize to exist? Or can even be controled? No fvckin way.

Americans fail to learn from their won history. During the ban of alcohol did people ever failed to get it? No. What were the consequences? The underground business and counterfeit products were never so widespread out across your country.

Steroid Exporting Ring Arrested.

On Friday Thai drug enforcement officers from Bangkok, acting on information received from the Drug Enforcement Agency in the United States, raided a house in Soi Chaiypreuk in Jomtien. Here they arrested an English national, 44-year-old Ashley Livingston as well as a 38-year-old Thai lady and a Taiwanese man and charged them with running an illegal exporting business.
    Inside the house police found a cache of 11 packs of steroids that had been prepared for forwarding to countries such as the United States and parts of Europe. These were taken into evidence as was 900,000 baht, 7,435 Euros, and US$6,944 in cash. Police believe the money may be part of the proceeds of the sale of steroids to overseas customers.
    Police allege the team would use the post office facilities at Bangkok’s international airport to send the steroids overseas. The two foreigners are likely to be charged with exporting goods from Thailand without proper documentation or approval.

PT
    i agree and the only good thing about the alchol proabition was that people were able to triple the price and alot of tax free money was made for the mafia and other illegal organizations. terrorism is all together different and will never be gone because the more terrorists we kill the more sympathy certain people feel towards them which in turn means more members for the terrorist organization. as for steroids , all they will do is drive the price up and make people resort to making there own in unsteril working conditions.

I think the original article might be full of BS! Very inaccurate?
    I cant see them get extradited. A fine for the boys in brown and the men will be back in the pub for lunch.

PT
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOGIRISH View Post
    I think the original article might be full of BS! Very inaccurate?
    I cant see them get extradited. A fine for the boys in brown and the men will be back in the pub for lunch.
    what? are you serious? it happens all the time. they broke laws in the usa by shipping there so they get extradited there to stand trail. you never heard of thet happening? wow. manuel noriaga from panama. he was extradited the florida to stand trail for drugs even though he was never in florida

Quote Originally Posted by pietro75 View Post
    what? are you serious? it happens all the time. they broke laws in the usa by shipping there so they get extradited there to stand trail. you never heard of thet happening? wow. manuel noriaga from panama. he was extradited the florida to stand trail for drugs even though he was never in florida
    Jesus didnt know they had that power.
    Doesnt look good so.
    Manuel I think might have been in a higher class of criminal than the notorious thai roid dealers ha ha.

Still my thoughts are on a hefty fine and they walk clear of jail and no extradition but I wont put any money on it
    Last edited by BIGDOGIRISH; 03-22-2008 at 05:32 AM.

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOGIRISH View Post
    Jesus didnt know they had that power.
    Doesnt look good so.
    Manuel I think might have been in a higher class of criminal than the notorious thai roid dealers ha ha.

Still my thoughts are on a hefty fine and they walk clear of jail and no extradition but I wont put any money on it
    Not a chance.. not with all the effort of Raw Deal last year and the Olympics this year...

They need people to parade about in handcuffs to try and convince the public the funding is worth it and the policies do work...

Even though its all sh!t.

Thread Information