Maldorf is offline Senior Member

Something to keep in mind, always do regular blood tests when on AAS

Sure most of you have read on here people telling you to get blood tests run regularly, but most of you probably dont do it after or during each cycle. There are inherent dangers involved when you use these powerful hormones, and yes things can go wrong with you. You are seriously risking your health if you do not get a complete blood panel run at least a few times per year. Would be best to run it at least after each and every cycle, before you decide to go onto your next. Cholesterol and liver enzymes are two things that most of us think about. One factor most dont worry about though is your hematocrit/hemoglobin. The hematocrit, percentage of your blood volume that is composed of your red blood cells, can climb dangerously high while on most androgens. Even a low dose of test run over a long period of time can lead to this. SOme guys on HRT have this issue, so it doesnt take large doses. Hormones such as anadrol , deca , eq, and test are especially known for this. Anadrol is used to treat anemia, low red blood cell count, so it is especially bad. If your hematorcrit gets too high your blood becomes too thick and your heart has to do extra work to pump the blood through your body. this extra stress can lead to congestive heart failure and then death.
    A reading on the hematocrit over 54 is considered abnormal, and they wont even let you donate blood to get your count down. They say that anything over 60 is just plain dangerous.
    YOu could have a dangerously high hematocrit right now and not even know it. THen you decide to go on a cylce and the level will only get higher. The average red blood cell lasts 4 months, so these levels build up over time since they live so long. If the levels get too high, you will need to go off and let them slowly return to normal.
    Message here is think about what you are doing, think about the risks. Do whatever you can to minimize the side effects and the harmful effects to your body. Taking regular blood tests is the only way you can monitor what is going on inside your body. If you dont do this, you are taking risks that you dont need to.

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I can appreciate this thread. Sometimes I wonder why it's not reccomended to go over 12wks on a cycle. I get bw done once a yr. Never thought of the blood thickening. Guess a low dose of asprin could help with that. Bw is the best...

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    Great Post Maldorf!

And in theory im guessing a lot of guys from the states don't do any blood work EVER, due to worries of there docs informing there insurance companies or LE. (and a record of it on medical notes)

Tough situation as blood work is critical.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    great post..i dont think a lot of people ever get blood work done as they dont want to tell their docs or pay for it. It like they think that if everything is ok on the outside, that the inside must be fine too and thats not usually the case..the worst side effects of AAS are the ones you dont see or feel

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Would asprin help with the hematocric levels?
    Good info, Great post, thanks Maldorf

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Bump

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Great reminder bro! Bumpity Bump!

I always get bloodwork done 2 months after PCT... You can't be cavalier about these things!

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie-BOY View Post
    Would asprin help with the hematocric levels?
    Good info, Great post, thanks Maldorf
    Aspirin is a good idea as it will help reduce the likelyhood of getting a blood clot. The aspirin will not lower hematocrit levels though, only reduce clotting and so the blood will remain too thick and over tax the heart muscle. BTW blood clots are another risk of having high hematocrit levels. A blood clot can happen anywhere. In the brain will lead to a stroke and in heart a heart attack. SOme get them in the limbs, and then you risk losing that limb.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post
    Great reminder bro! Bumpity Bump!

I always get bloodwork done 2 months after PCT... You can't be cavalier about these things!

cheers
    Thats exactly what we should all do. then not start anohter cycle until things are back to normal.

mister bator is offline Junior Member
    I only had my liver values and cholesterol tested :S

should I go to my doc and ask for a test on hemoglobin ?

Budk024 is offline Associate Member
    Very good post but a couple follow up question:

When is the best time to get the tests done? How many days after cycle or PCT?

What tests do you ask for from your doctor?

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Give blood. Eat grapefruit daily. These two things willl ensure your blood count stays within the normal range. I have had very high RBC - its not good.

I thought when you give blood they did blood tests to make sure everything is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Budk024 View Post
    I thought when you give blood they did blood tests to make sure everything is normal.
    yeah, you have to watch it. My hematocrit was too high, over 54, and they wont take your blood. I have to wait 4 weeks and go in again for another try. Trying to get my hematocrit down now before I go in.
    Someone asked what to ask for as far as blood test. I think that would be a CBC, complete blood count. That should include hemoglobin and hematocrit.

Very good post but a couple follow up question:

When is the best time to get the tests done? How many days after cycle or PCT?

What tests do you ask for from your doctor?
    CBC is what you want, with hematocrit and hemoglobin in there. As far as when, thats up to you. I think the best time would be right before you are ready to go on a cylce, this insures that your levels are normal befor you go on. If you want to see yourself at your worst, which is a good idea too, run it at the tail end of the cycle to see how bad it has gotten. WOuldnt doubt that most are out of the normal range. Like beast said, i think giving blood is about the only sure fire way to keep it down if you cycle on and off often.

Thanks alot Maldorf I was trying to get to the doctor soon but I wanted to know exactly what test that should be ran. Once I get the test done I will post the results to see what everyone thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by mister bator View Post
    I only had my liver values and cholesterol tested :S

should I go to my doc and ask for a test on hemoglobin ?
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by mister bator View Post
    bump
    I would ask for the CBC. Hemoglobin and hematocrit are in there as well as other important factors.

Thanks alot Maldorf I was trying to get to the doctor soon but I wanted to know exactly what test that should be ran. Once I get the test done I will post the results to see what everyone thinks.
    Great. Good to have it done so you know where you lie. Curious to see your results.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf View Post
    I would ask for the CBC. Hemoglobin and hematocrit are in there as well as other important factors.
    What's CBC ? I'm not from america so maybe it's called differently overhere..

Thread Information