Thread: DHT Inhibitors

dt_dolce is offline New Member

DHT Inhibitors

Hey guys,

Question about DHT inhibitors such as propecia, will they negatively effect my gains if i take them while on cycle. How about drugs like finasteride or dutasteride ?
    I experienced major thinnning while on and mostly after I finished my first cycle, and now that I am on my second I am trying to protect against further loss, or ultimately promote more hair growth.
    Let me know if you guys have any suggestions as to improving the health of my hair.

Thanks

adude006 is offline Associate Member
    well to some extent yea it will effect gains but nothing big. However the important part is do you want to keep your hair or just want muscles. If you are mbp prone and hit the test without any 5ar blockers then you are going to shed like crazy, how soon you become bald or mess your hair line depends on your genes...

So sacrifise a bit of your gains to keep whatever hair you have left...

Trust me once the hair line gets messed up the last thing on your mind will be gaining muscles! I regret it everyday that i never used any 5ar blockers with my first test cycle. I'll rather have my hair and be a skinny twig than be a bald gorilla!

for regrowth your only option is rogaine - it's a life long thing though, can't stop it or whatever you gained will fall off OR you can get a H/T...

But it depends on what compound you are using... Anything apart from test & to some extent var/tbol/eq & you're asking for trouble on your scalp...

that does put it into perspective; i am unsure as to how i would get my hands on these drugs, will doctors fork out perscreptions ?

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    stay away from DHT based steroids like masteron , winny, anavar or proviron

as for test, yes, you can use finasteride or dutasteride to offset dht conversion... your gains should still be okay..although your sex drive might not

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post
    stay away from DHT based steroids like masteron , winny, anavar or proviron

as for test, yes, you can use finasteride or dutasteride to offset dht conversion... your gains should still be okay..although your sex drive might not

cheers
    i thought anavar was easy on the hair

Quote Originally Posted by bossman_1986 View Post
    Anavar can cause hair issues to a small extent but i used it twice at 75 & 100mg, didnt have any problems form it. But you'll have to try it out and see how your body reacts to it... I think that's the only oral along with tbol which shouldn't cause much problems...

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman_1986 View Post
    yeah, sorry abt that

word vomit on the keyboard got carried away with listing DHT derivatives
    All steroids have some side effects but anavar is mild on all counts

my bad,
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dt_dolce View Post
    that does put it into perspective; i am unsure as to how i would get my hands on these drugs, will doctors fork out perscreptions ?
    look for the research version Or go to your doc - prefer a dermatologist though cause if you want he can even perfom some hair tests on you and tell you how fast your hair is thining, how thick it is currently vs what you should have if you didnt get on gear, etc. I think it's called a hair miniaturization test. check on some hair loss forums for more on this if you want.

thanks everyone, always an answer to be found here, my last question though is about running the propencia (finasteride) with nandrolone decanoate, i read on another forum somewhere that the two used in combination will actually accelerate the hair loss, is this a myth or has anyone experienced it themselves ?

Thread Information