Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries

Chris Bell's Documentary .. Bigger , Stronger , Faster

Check this out ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbaw-YTiwZA

http://www.biggerstrongerfastermovie.com/

Also Chris Bell's movie played at the AFI film festival( yesterday in Dallas TX)..

http://www.afidallas.com/

Merc.

Blog Entries
    From A-Robs Blog ...

Alright, so even though I have pneumonia, I dragged my ass out of bed and drove from Houston to Dallas (a 4 hour drive, I’m told), and attended an advance screening of Bigger Stronger Faster, a documentary about steroids by Chris Bell.

A couple notes on it, just for anyone who is interested:

Henry Waxman - makes himself look like a fool

Donald Hooton - always makes himself look like a fool…and I’m not just talking about his mustache…

Senator Joeseph McCarthy Biden - wasn’t actually in it, but made a few cameos. Apparently the reason he isn’t a professional athlete is that everyone else is on steroids.

Harrison Pope - has quite a collection of naked GI-Joes (you’ll get it when you watch the movie)

Carlton Colker - did very well for himself…made a great point…will soon be president of the Anthony Roberts look-alike-club

Charles Yesalis - sat on the fence but leaned towards our side…I have all of his books, and like him a lot, so I’m biased here

Rick Collins - He’s got the facts, but I would have loved for him to speak like he does in his book…which is ironic, because he had a copy of his book on the table during his interview…(I own 4 copies, so I’m not busting balls)

Gary Wadler - no facts, but at least he tries……..(to do what, I have no idea)…

Greg Valentino - probably one of the best pro-steroid people, believe it or not…could have probably not eaten a steak with his bare hands, because it made him look like a bit of a goon…but still came off well…can not even come close to hitting a 90mph fastball…or not getting winded while trying….but came off very decent and honest…made good points

John Romano - said everything Greg said, only less convincingly. Think of him as “Valentino Light”. Not to be a dick, but when you become a badass steroid-guy at 40+, and only started getting tats and piercings when you left your job in finance - it’s always going to come off staged and fake. Corporate-rebellion is lame.

Norm Fost - always comes off well

www.robertsblog.com

Merc.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Sweet! I was waitin for this! Thanx Merc, sorry to hear bout your car trouble!

SaSqUaDgE is offline Senior Member
    where can i watch this at

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaSqUaDgE View Post
    where can i watch this at
    I believe it will be in theaters this summer ....

Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    Who is that guy? He looks like a "wanna be"

Glad he liked the documentary tho.

Blog Entries

i know this movie is on the net somewhere and im destined to find it ha

Blog Entries
    T.t.t

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
    Sweet! I was waitin for this! Thanx Merc, sorry to hear bout your car trouble!

Yea , here is my post from earilier ( about my car trouble )...

I received your PM ( CL)... I havnt had a chance to get back to you ... Man oh man .. My weekend was full of drama... As you know I was headed to the AFI film festival http://www.afidallas.com/ to go watch Chris Bell's movie ( Bigger , stronger, faster ) http://filmguide.afidallas.com/tixSY...entNumber=1348... I decided to drive up to Dallas Texas... While I was on my way I recieved a text from A-Rob that he was in the hospital all night .. He was really sick ( poor guy).. He has pneumonia .. Check his blog .. see april 5th entry
    www.robertsblog.com

Now while all this is going on my fvcking car starts overheating.. I am like WTF... I end up calling a tow truck to take me to the closest dealer to get my car fixed ... So it ends up needing a radiator , which they dont have instock , and wont be able to get one until monday sometime. So the mechanic says you can either stay here until monday .. or we can try to patch it to see if I can at least make it back home .. I was still like 9 hours ( or more from Dallas )... So I am freaking out about A-Rob begin so sick , and also worried if my car was going to make it home ... So I had to miss the movie ( which has me bummed out )... But at least I made it home without my car totally dying on me ....

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Good good very good my friend...
    I think that a movie could make a lot more brightness on this dark misunderstood and always bad critiqued world. For all lazy people that lie on their couch and don't take a bit of time to read something interesting about.
    So everyone will be just curious and give a change to this amazing documentary to show them how the game's working in the deep.
    Hope this movie will be great as well as realistic and can't wait to watch it as soon as it'll be available!!!

CL
    Last edited by ChuckLee; 04-08-2008 at 12:30 AM.

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    Yea , here is my post from earilier ( about my car trouble )...

I received your PM ( CL)... I havnt had a chance to get back to you ... Man oh man .. My weekend was full of drama... As you know I was headed to the AFI film festival http://www.afidallas.com/ to go watch Chris Bell's movie ( Bigger , stronger, faster ) http://filmguide.afidallas.com/tixSY...entNumber=1348... I decided to drive up to Dallas Texas... While I was on my way I recieved a text from A-Rob that he was in the hospital all night .. He was really sick ( poor guy).. He has pneumonia .. Check his blog .. see april 5th entry
    www.robertsblog.com

Now while all this is going on my fvcking car starts overheating.. I am like WTF... I end up calling a tow truck to take me to the closest dealer to get my car fixed ... So it ends up needing a radiator , which they dont have instock , and wont be able to get one until monday sometime. So the mechanic says you can either stay here until monday .. or we can try to patch it to see if I can at least make it back home .. I was still like 9 hours ( or more from Dallas )... So I am freaking out about A-Rob begin so sick , and also worried if my car was going to make it home ... So I had to miss the movie ( which has me bummed out )... But at least I made it home without my car totally dying on me ....
    Now everybody knows!!!

CL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
    Now everybody knows!!!

CL
    LOL.....

Blog Entries
    Bump

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    Looks very promising...

Hopefully it will cover the basics like HRT and the basic science behind it so people can see the natural relationship between steroids and the human body.

Interesting point from the director when he says how the media focus on baseball players and steroids, yet then at the same time constantly shows us pics a videos of people like Paris Hilton and Britney...

Valid points.

Cant wait to see it.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    going to have to wait till i get home to watch it. i dont get sound on my work comp. but ill be sure to post back my thoughts.

Hollywood080 is offline Anabolic Member
    Looks like it is gonna be good! Can't wait to see it! I wish I had known about it before hand I would have gone to see it at AFI.

Blog Entries
    From Anthony Roberts blog ...

April 8, 2008
    Funny story about Bigger Stronger Faster interview….
    Filed under: Other — admin @ 8:16 am

Alright, so I messed up and didn’t book a time properly with the Bigger Stronger Faster crew…but they were kind enough to squeeze me in for an hour (including set up time) the day after I saw the film. They were also really decent people and easy to get along with…and since they’d spent 3 years on this project, they knew their stuff on some steroid info…they knew the literature and they knew the people behind it. Very impressive all around.

As you probably know, this is the first interview I’ve ever done (being the interviewer, not the person being interviewed). So basically, I didn’t have any questions written down, and just kind of thought it would flow – which thanks to Chris, it did.

But the funny part is that they kind of expected that as a “steroid guy” I’d be asking all of these steroid-related questions (“Is testosterone cypionate better then testosterone enanthate ?”). In short, I think there was a general meat-head-ish expectation of me. Which is totally cool, because I’m a meat head in a lot of ways, but more likely than not the same ways Chris is one, or my regular readers are too. But I think I (we) have much more to offer, and I was pretty psyched that even though it was my first interview, it really “felt” like it went amazing.

My first time having sex was similar – though I later found out that it likely wasn’t a mutual experience. But at least I was told by all involved that it was good. Also, I wasn’t worried about my mom coming home during the interview. SO that was good too. I will, however, have to answer to her when she finds out that I drove to Dallas from Houston to do an interview with Pneumonia.

So I was told afterwards that I asked some really smart questions, which was my intent – who wants to ask stupid questions? But I can only imagine some of the shit they’ve been asked by the media, because it’s probably a lot of the shit I’ve been asked.

A week or two prior to the movie, the interview is going to be put up on the main page of steroid.com, so check it out. But regardless of the interview (my first!), if you’re reading my blog (and I know there’s about 200-300 people doing that every day), then this is a topic that interests you, and you NEED to see this movie - and you need to take a friend.

www.robertsblog.com

Merc.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    looks awesome. i want to see it. i know critics will have a field day and it won't receive the attention it deserves, but i will watch it. it is a very interesting topic, especially now that everyone thinks it is the biggest crime one can commit next to rape and murder. i love the picture on the movie title though. interesting. good post merc.

No One Knows is offline Senior Member
    Donald Hooten needs a visit from dr. kevorkian. Seriously doesn't he get it? No one cares about him or his son. Maybe he should have done a better job parenting.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback everyone ...

anymore thoughts ??

Merc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty_git View Post
    Looks very promising...

Hopefully it will cover the basics like HRT and the basic science behind it so people can see the natural relationship between steroids and the human body.

Cant wait to see it.
    It talks about HRT and has a Steroids 101 portion of the actual film. It's about society as much as is about steroids, if not more.

looks awesome. i want to see it. i know critics will have a field day and it won't receive the attention it deserves, but i will watch
    Critics have loved it so far. Knock on wood, but critics are loving it. A-Rob said it was really well done. Remember that besides having used steroids and being a powerlifter, the guy who did this movie went to one of the best film schools in the world (USC).

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I'm searching too, hook me up if ya find it before I do.

Blog Entries
    Bump Bump Bump !!!!

man i cant find anything for this movie still looking tho

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    holy shit im from poughkeepsie NY

Blog Entries
    T. T. T

no luck finding it yet anyone else?

^^^ttt^^^

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I can wait to see it. I hear it's really well done and I want to see it in all it's glory in a theater. Hopefully it'll make it to a theater in my part of town.

This is just what I've been waiting for. A very well done mainstream production to counter the biased one sided media hype and fear based negative rating seeking bastards of the all powerful and influencing news media culture that is brainwashing the uninformed public who doesn't know any better.

I hope this will start a trend for more fact based and real world coverage of steroid use in our culture. Because it is here to stay and the only thing that brings fear of it is a lack of understaning it.

Oh yeah, let's not forget steroid .com breaking thru the status quo with balls out on the front lines getting the word out.

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    i wonder if they talk about drinking winny. ....................sorry i had to.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

if you find it let us know PLEASE!

well fellas i think i found it i finally found a link and im downloading it now i will let you all know tomorrow if its real deal and if it is ill upload it somewhere so you guys can check it out or if you know how to use torrent the link is
    http://www.torrentportal.com/details...5D.avi.torrent
    Last edited by SaSqUaDgE; 04-10-2008 at 07:38 AM.

jchopper1 is offline Banned
    do they discuss d-bol only cycles??? those r my fav w/o pct

SECdominance is offline Junior Member
    the media frenzy regarding AAS is really annoying

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    any luck finding a stream or dl for the movie?

yeah check my link ^^^^

open the file up today asked for password so it must be fake well i gave it a try dang this movie is really hard to get your hands on

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    open the file up today asked for password so it must be fake well i gave it a try dang this movie is really hard to get your hands on
    damn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information