Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mick86 is offline Member

Elexecution is offline Associate Member
    since i sparked a good deal of interest from other members of the board, i'd like to bump this

Does it hinder gains? Yes, it does. A ton? I think enough to avoid it. You should be getting the RDA, but not much more. The amount which it will help with progesterone (and people claim it works very well for that) is the degree to which it will hinder gains. So yes, it will hinder gains, and yes it will be noticeable.

mick86 is offline Member
    Thanks for the advice Anthony, btw at the risk of sounding like a , I love your work.

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    Yea it does... I posted a study about in my blog awhile back...

Check this study out..... Very interesting ... Ginkgo biloba lowers prolactin ...

Horm Behav. 2007 Oct 10; [Epub ahead of print] LinksGinkgo biloba extract enhances male copulatory behavior and reduces serumprolactin levels in rats. Yeh KY, Pu HF, Kaphle K, Lin SF, Wu LS, Lin JH, Tsai YF.Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University,Taipei, Taiwan, ROC.The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of Ginkgo bilobaextract (EGb 761) on male copulatory behavior in rats. EGb 761 (1 mg/ml)induced significant production of testosterone (T) in rat Leydig cells invitro. Its effects on sexual behavior were then tested in Long-Evans malerats after 7, 14, 21, or 28 days of oral gavage of vehicle (distilledwater) or EGb 761 at doses of 10, 50, or 100 mg/kg. Administration of 50mg/kg of EGb 761 for 28 days and of 100 mg/kg for 14 or 21 dayssignificantly increased intromission frequency compared to controls on thesame day. An increase in ejaculation frequency was seen after treatmentwith 50 mg/kg of EGb 761 for 14, 21, or 28 days when compared to eitherthe control group on the same day or the same group on day 0. A reductionin ejaculation latency was only seen after administration of 50 mg/kg ofEGb 761 for 14 days compared to the vehicle-treated group. After treatmentfor 28 days, no significant difference was seen in mount latency,intromission latency, serum T levels, reproductive organ weight, spermnumber, or levels of the metabolite of dopamine, 3,4-dihydroxyphenylaceticacid in the brain with any dose of EGb 761, but significantly reducedserum prolactin levels and increased dopamine levels in the medialpreoptic area and arcuate nucleus were seen at the dose of 50 mg/kg. Thesefindings show that EGb 761 (especially at the dose of 50 mg/kg) enhancesthe copulatory behavior of male rats and suggest that the dopaminergicsystem, which regulates prolactin secretion, may be involved in thefacilitatory effect of EGb 761.PMID: 18001735 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

http://forums.steroid.com/blogs/merc/30-merc-q-ask-merc-page5.html

Merc.
    Thanks Merc, I'm going to look into getting some Ginkgo biloba, but it to is not without its draw backs. The study mentions increased ejaculation frequency in rats, so I guess anyone who combines taking large doses of test with Ginkgo can pretty much expect to cream their pants every time a nice looking girl walks by .
    Last edited by mick86; 04-24-2008 at 09:33 AM.

mick86 is offline Member

I found this

I just found out a few things about Gingko Bilboa which are perhaps relevant.

http://www.wellbeing.com.au/natural_...7160&pid=16443

Researchers studying the use of Ginkgo biloba for memory enhancement in geriatric patients found that one patient reported improvement in erections. Further studies into the use of Ginkgo biloba for erectile dysfunction have also noted marked improvement in erections. Interestingly, one study reported a greater sexual response from women than from men when patients were given 209mg of Ginkgo biloba per day as an antidepressant.

A French study of 165 women found Ginkgo biloba extract was effective in treating PMS, particularly breast symptoms.

Btw.....Ginkgo biloba is the oldest living tree species in the world, while this is not relevant to bodybuilding its interesting to know!
    Last edited by mick86; 04-25-2008 at 05:42 AM. Reason: typo

mick86 is offline Member

Anybody

Any suggestions on recommended dosing for taking Ginkgo biloba or opinions on taking vitamin B6 during PCT?

freakon is offline Associate Member
    bump.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information