grey80 is offline New Member

Gynecomastia From Puberty

Hello, Let me start off by explaining this is my friends account; don't think past post are related to this post or future post will be related.
    I have gyno because of puberty. I was slightly overweight in middle school and thats when I noticed I had bitch tits. I am now 20 and have had them since; my bodyfat is super low now. I can not grow a beard yet and find this a bit weird because most people my age can. I have had my test levels checked/blood checked and everything is normal. No hair on chest, back, and not much thick hair on thighs.
    I would like to know is it normal for someone that has gyno caused by puberty to remain with it forever or does it usually disappear by a certain age? I hear that often it does fade on it's own, but should I just expect it best to get it surgically fixed because of my age?

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member

HRT for a young guy:

Hey kiddo,

Have you been diagnosed by your primary care doctor with low natural testosterone ? Gynocomastia, high body fat and delay of secondary sexual characteristics (such as facial hair in a male) point to hypogonadism (sp?) This is a legitimate condition and can be treated with Hormone Replacement Therapy. You may want to post some questions in the HRT forum. Most guys on HRT are at the other end of the age spectrum, but they could help you through the process of getting HRT, what questions to ask your doctor, etc.

Good luck!

-BigLittleTim

When I had my blood tested, just about all of the test my insurance would pay for were done; and to no avail, my levels were well within normal.
    As far as not producing enough test at a young age, wouldn't that affect my appearance? Would my facial features not be more feminine? I look like a guy, I build muscle very easily, and I have tits like a female.
    Any other thoughts?
    Thanks.

I'm not casting aspersions on your masculilnity; far from it. Doctor prescribed HRT could be the gateway to more energy, stamina, and physical well being for you. Low testosterone can also cause psychological depression. Many guys are on anti-depressants when their only problem may be low Testosterone .

If your gynocomastia is a visible problem you may want to investigate having it surgically removed. Many bodybuilders have, to a greater or lesser degree, SOME form of gyno but it's often not noticable on a well developed chest. Lack of muscle tone would exascerbate the look.

-BigLittleTim
    Last edited by BigLittleTim; 04-15-2008 at 09:39 AM.

loftros is offline Junior Member
    If you are 20 the gyno will almost never disappear, surgery is the only option. I had the same thing when i was 18, the doctor said surgery is basically the only way.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by loftros View Post
    If you are 20 the gyno will almost never disappear, surgery is the only option. I had the same thing when i was 18, the doctor said surgery is basically the only way.
    I disagree with this philosophy. For more on why read my posts here:
    Pubertal gyno

---------------------------

Tim is right about the hypogonadism link between latent secondary sexual characteristics and gyno, as seen here: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mal...300/DSECTION=2. But if your Test/Estrogen ratio was normal, along w/ low bf, high muscle mass, and no erectile dysfunction this is not the problem.

Next the doc should have checked to see if thyroid hormone levels were normal. Assuming protocol was followed, and the usual suspects were exonerated the key may still be within you. Therefore your next step is to schedule a visit with an endocrinologist for closer examination.

However, I said "may" because I have come across cases in which all internal measures were normal, because the culprit was external, extremely obscure, and simply failed to skew hormonal levels as in the link below.
    http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/356/5/479

----------------------------

I'm currently writing a work entitled, "The 3C's of Gyno: The Condition, Causes, & Most Probable Non-Surgical Cures". It is quite comprehensive and will detail everything in the subtitle so be on the look out for it.

Best to you.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    I'm currently writing a work entitled, "The 3C's of Gyno: The Condition, Causes, & Most Probable Non-Surgical Cures". It is quite comprehensive and will detail everything in the subtitle so be on the look out for it.

Best to you.
    Should you want to collaborate on this work Magic.. hit me up.

I don't have any new articles pending at the moment... So, client protocols aside, I'm free.

-CNS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grey80 View Post
    Hello, Let me start off by explaining this is my friends account; don't think past post are related to this post or future post will be related.
    Cool.

I have gyno because of puberty. I was slightly overweight in middle school and thats when I noticed I had bitch tits. I am now 20 and have had them since; my bodyfat is super low now. I can not grow a beard yet and find this a bit weird because most people my age can. I have had my test levels checked/blood checked and everything is normal. No hair on chest, back, and not much thick hair on thighs.
    You sound like me.

I got bitch tits around 10/11 (pre-pubertal).. Was chubby at the time.

I started to compete in bodybuilding in highschool.. Got superlean.

No hair on chest, back, or arms... none on thighs (cept a small amount on my hamstrings).

I had my test levels checked however, and they were tru the roof.

Which was odd, given the lack of body hair.

That started to change around 25 though.

I would like to know is it normal for someone that has gyno caused by puberty to remain with it forever or does it usually disappear by a certain age? I hear that often it does fade on it's own, but should I just expect it best to get it surgically fixed because of my age?
    Personally, my gyno has only gotten worse with age.

High-dose DHT-derivatives application reduced the size for a period of time.. but it returned.

Personally i don't believe that viable treatments exist for long-term gyno... as it isn't just fatty tissue, but also fibrous growths. (in my opinion)

I have never seen the reversal of any long-term gyno...and I've been searching for viable solutions for over a decade.

The treatments being pushed on the boards... I'm not totally convinced on the safety.

High-dose DHT is potentially viable... but there're numerous potential side effects.

Long duration g-SERM use is also potentially viable... But again, numerous potential side effects.

I think surgery is the safest bet.

Surgery's come a long way since the first gyno-removal...so the risk of scarring is minimal.

It's the option I'd suggest...

It's also the option I'm going to go with within the next couple years.

-CNS

Thanks to all of you. My thyroid levels were checked and it turned up perfectly fine.
    A big thanks to narkissos, you actually answered my question the best. Sounds to me like my body is almost exactly like narkissos' body.

Yeah, and if I wore a pair of white pumps I'd be Marilyn Monroe.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Thanks to all of you. My thyroid levels were checked and it turned up perfectly fine.
    A big thanks to narkissos, you actually answered my question the best. Sounds to me like my body is almost exactly like narkissos' body.
    I agree with this. At only 20 yrs old you should give it more time, VERY late-blooming is quite possible.

-----------------------------

Sup Nark, good to see back man!
    I made some comments below, bolded for easier differentiation NOT obnoxious emphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    Cool.
    Personally i don't believe that viable treatments exist for long-term gyno... as it isn't just fatty tissue, but also fibrous growths. (in my opinion)
    TRUE, THE LONGER GYNO PERSISTS THE GREATER THE PROBABILITY OF IT TAKING ROOT SO TO SPEAK. IT LITERALLY BECOMES A FIBROUS PART OF THE GLANDULAR TISSUE.
    ONE ITS MANY CATEGORIZATIONS COMES FROM JP. WEBSTER IN 1946 WHO CLASSIFIED GYNECOMASTIA INTO 3 TYPES: 1) GLANDULAR; 2) FATTY GLANDULAR AND; 3) SIMPLE FATTY.

I have never seen the reversal of any long-term gyno...and I've been searching for viable solutions for over a decade.
    TAKE A LOOK AT THE FIRST LINK IN POST #6. EACH OF THESE STUDIES REFER TO PERSISTENT GYNO. IN OTHER WORDS PUBERTAL GYNO GENERALLY RESOLVES WITHIN A MATTER OF WEEKS, MONTHS OR YEARS, BUT PERSISTED WITHIN THESE INDIVIDUALS. THUS A VERY SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF TIME HAD ELAPSED, RULING OUT SIMPLE TRANSIENT GYNO.

The treatments being pushed on the boards... I'm not totally convinced on the safety.
    I AGREE, SOME ARE POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS.

High-dose DHT is potentially viable... but there're numerous potential side effects.
    THIS IS CERTAINLY ONE OF THE OPTIONS, AS DHT NATURALLY SUPPRESSES THE CONDITION, BUT ONLY THOSE WITH INHERENT GYNO REVERSAL PROPERTIES WILL WORK THOROUGHLY. DANAZOL AND IT’S NEAREST COUSINS WORK WELL FOR THIS PURPOSE.

Long duration g-SERM use is also potentially viable... But again, numerous potential side effects.
    TRUE, AND IT IS BECAUSE OF THIS THAT I’M REVIEWING VARIOUS CONDITION-SPECIFIC MEDICAL JOURNAL STUDIES FOR ACCURATE PROTOCOLS AND DOSING. WHEN USED APPROPRIATELY, AND FOR ADEQUATE DURATIONS, SERMS DO PROVIDE SUSTAINABLE RESULTS. HOWEVER, WHAT I’M FINDING IS THAT THE VERY BEST NON-SURGICAL TX/CURE IS A COMBINATION OF ALL THREE RUN AT TIMES CONCURRENTLY AND OTHERS SEQUENTIALLY, IN MULTI-TIERED CYCLE-LIKE FASHION…THIS WILL BE MY GRAND DESIGN, BUT THE PROPER RATIOS AND DURATIONS ARE IMPERATIVE. I’M NEARING THE CONCLUSION OF MY RESEARCH, BUT I’LL FIRST TEST THESE PRACTICES ON ALREADY LINING UP SUBJECTS BEFORE RELEASING ANYTHING TO THE PUBLIC. A COUPLE OF INDUSTRY COMPANIES AND MAGS HAVE ALREADY EXPRESSED PURCHASING INTEREST, BUT A CONDITION OF SALES WILL BE THE SUBSEQUENT FREE RELEASE ON AR.

I think surgery is the safest bet.
    I CONCUR, BUT I’M HOPING TO PROVIDE TRULY VIABLE AND SAFE ALTERNATIVE.

Surgery's come a long way since the first gyno-removal...so the risk of scarring is minimal.
    VERY MINIMAL, SOME DOCS EVEN ACCESS IT VIA THE ARMPIT WHICH OBVIOUSLY LEAVES NO VISIBLE SCARS.

It's also the option I'm going to go with within the next couple years.
    WE’LL SEE, OLD FRIEND, WE’LL SEE!

-CNS
    Hey Cor,

Did you happen to notice my DNP sigs? We can’t help them resist the great lure, but after experiencing the impossible to keep (no negative feedback loop participation) changes, I try to keep em’ from running it again.

SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!!!
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

Blog Entries
    I agree with this. At only 20 yrs old you should give it more time, VERY late-blooming is quite possible.
    Interesting statement. Thing is... Personally I wouldn't consider myself a late-bloomer...

But.. i do think, genetically, i wasn't supposed to have a lot of bodyhair.

My masculine characteristics centered around sexual development (sans hair growth), and muscularity.

Sup Nark, good to see back man!
    Good to be back mate.

I made some comments below, bolded for easier differentiation NOT obnoxious emphasis.
    Noted... 'Obnoxious' never factored in

We've always been of similar thought process.

Comments noted.

Hey Cor,

Did you happen to notice my DNP sigs? We can’t help them resist the great lure, but after experiencing the impossible to keep (no negative feedback loop participation) changes, I try to keep em’ from running it again.

SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!!!
    Hells yea... i noticed.

Makes me want a sig again

*sobs*

I've an eye exam earmarked for later this month.

I think my limited DNP use damaged my right eye.

We'll see.

-CNS

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    I did not have the gyno problem but I was a late bloomer and I undertand how you feel. Best of the luck bro

Damn Apple

Awkward news.... out of no where my Adam's apple grew a noticeable bit over the last two days. Believe it or not, but I guess I am a rather late bloomer.
    I found something called the Tanner Stages.
    http://www.fpnotebook.com/Endo/Exam/MlTnrStg.htm
    According to this, I should be in Tanner Stage 5, or past. I am actually in 3 stages; 3,4, and 5.
    I found my blood test results from a month or so ago and my test levels were on the high end of the scale.
    Oh, and I measured my testicles and they are larger than any posted lengths I can find. They are near 2.5" and every thing else estimates normal is 1.75" or about. Is this a sign of something?
    According to that scale, Gyno doesn't disappear until stage 5 for some.

Thread Information