JMAN81 is offline New Member

Serious Swelling And Growing

I Shot 1cc Of Test Cyp Into My Delt On Fri. My Shoulder Started Off Really Sore. Now Not Only Has My Shoulder Become Swollen, It Moved To My Bicep,and Is Traveling Down Around My Elbow And Into My Forearm?? What Is Happening? Do I Have An Infection? What Should I Tell The Doc?

biggerguns is offline Associate Member
    This happened to me on the thigh once. I injected to far in the front area. My knee cap was hurting so bad. I had to walk with a big limp. The pain went away after 3 days and i started injecting in a different area.

You probably hit a tendon or nerve. You dont have an infection. try not to lift or do much with that arm. If the pain or swolleness does not go away after 2 days then go see a freindly doc.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Most likely not an infection, its an inflammatory response to the substances in the shot. It may travel because if you do not preform a method called z-tracking when injecting. The contents of the shot can "leak" from the hole in the muscle due to pressures exerted by the muscle. It can lay between the fascia of the muscle and the skin.

On a side note we should make a sticky for injection site soreness and pain, if there is already not one. These questions pop up almost daily.

JMAN81 is offline New Member
    Im Def Freaked Out. I Shot On Friday. Here It Is 5 Days Later And My Shoulder, Bicep, And Now Forearm Around The Elbow, Are Sore, Hot, Red And Honestly Twice The Size Of The Other One. Everyday Its Getting Worse. Should I Ice It?

Blog Entries
    Icing it may help, take some anti inflammatories. It will be a week or more before it gets better. If it was an infection it would have shown symptoms within hours of an tainted injection.

D-Unit 39 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biggerguns View Post
    You dont have an infection. try not to lift or do much with that arm. If the pain or swolleness does not go away after 2 days then go see a freindly doc.
    I wouldn't be so sure....

Quote Originally Posted by JMAN81 View Post
    Im Def Freaked Out. I Shot On Friday. Here It Is 5 Days Later And My Shoulder, Bicep, And Now Forearm Around The Elbow, Are Sore, Hot, Red And Honestly Twice The Size Of The Other One. Everyday Its Getting Worse. Should I Ice It?
    5 Days Later, Still Sore, & Hot to the touch.... If it were me I'd go see a freakin doctor man.

Tell him it was B-12 Injections if you dont want to admit to AAS usage, but go get some antibiotics and rethink that gear if you used proper procedures.

Try taking naproxema. They should take the pain and inflamation away. But at this point just go see a doctor. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    At this point I really do not believe its an infection. If you had an infection they generally stay localized in one area. Secondly if you had a infection for five days you would already be in the hospital. Third you would have symptoms, like fever, and nausea.

But by all means see a doctor if you feel the need. I am not a medical professional.

thrillam is offline Junior Member
    i have gotten the same thing..
    shot in the shoulder it was the 3rd shot that i did.. the other two were fine so i dunno what happened.. went to the gym on friday, did some back and ended off with arms...

that night after the gym both arms were in pain.. however the morning after the, arm that i shot into was just huge.. it was warm and red.. the other arm hurt a bit but nothing like the one that was shot..

its been 3 days since the swelling and freakish arm.. the pain is gone almost fully however the bicep is still a bit red swollen and a bit warm..

what should i do??? ****k!!!!!!!!! should i apply heat packs to it or ice it?? and then see whats happens.. could it be an infection?? i havent had no fever or felt sick..
    i was gonna shot into the other shoulder today and see how that goes but should i just got to the doctor??

when u guys are talkin about pain in the arm... what kind of pain is it.. like i can bend my arm no problem.. the side of the dicep is really hard thought.. like its hard to explain but there is a bump i guess on the side of the bicep too.. there was one on the good arm but thats almost fully gone..

any advice on what to do?

i went to the doctor and she said that i must of busrt a blood vessel and that the swelling might take up to 2weeks even 2 months..

but i just read a forum post sayin that the guy shotting sust gets the same thing almost every time he shots.. " The redness, heat and swelling can last up to 9 days at a time leaving a hard lump/haematoma" which is exactly what i can feel forming.. i can feel the lump on the outside of the arm..

the doctor said that i should of iced it and taking something like asprin right away after first noticing the swelling to thin out the blood.. but i didnt mention to him that i did shots.. so his diagnosis ( my bad on the spelling) might be wrong..

right now i have just started icing it.. and hopefully the swelling will all go away just like it does for that other dude..

D-Unit 39 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillam View Post
    i went to the doctor and she said that i must of busrt a blood vessel and that the swelling might take up to 2weeks even 2 months..

the doctor said that i should of iced it and taking something like asprin right away after first noticing the swelling to thin out the blood.. but i didnt mention to him that i did shots.. so his diagnosis ( my bad on the spelling) might be wrong..

right now i have just started icing it.. and hopefully the swelling will all go away just like it does for that other dude..
    What the fvck is the point of going to the doctor to see if you have an abcess forming or an infection, if you don't tell him you injected something there? Why would he even consider that a possibility if he had no way of knowing that you penetrated your skin with a needle there? Stupid, man.

kingwilliam is offline Associate Member
    I inject t400 weekly into my quad and EVERY time I have pretty significant soreness and swelling. Like someone else said, it is basically your body going, "what the **** is this substance in my muscle?"

Take 600-800mg of Ibuprofen twice daily and ice it occasionally. I have learned to live with it. If I were you I would find a bigger muscle to inject into.

The point I am making is that for the last 10 weeks I have had localized swelling in the injection area, accompanied by sometimes annoying soreness and pain................and I lived to tell you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingwilliam View Post
    I inject t400 weekly into my quad and EVERY time I have pretty significant soreness and swelling. Like someone else said, it is basically your body going, "what the **** is this substance in my muscle?"

Take 600-800mg of Ibuprofen twice daily and ice it occasionally. I have learned to live with it. If I were you I would find a bigger muscle to inject into.

The point I am making is that for the last 10 weeks I have had localized swelling in the injection area, accompanied by sometimes annoying soreness and pain................and I lived to tell you about it.

sounds good, ya im gonna start the ibuprofen..
    and im gonna try to shot in the quad..
    im just hopeing the swelling will go away soon..

this morning the swelling actually has gone down a bit...
    and the only thing that is sore to the touch is lump thats there but
    its deff nothing to bad

Quote Originally Posted by D-Unit 39 View Post
    What the fvck is the point of going to the doctor to see if you have an abcess forming or an infection, if you don't tell him you injected something there? Why would he even consider that a possibility if he had no way of knowing that you penetrated your skin with a needle there? Stupid, man.

its not a ****en infection.. i have done other shots and nothing infectious have come from them.. i dont re-use needle,, clean the area before and after with alcohol, and like everyone else is saying it if was an infection i would already be in the hospital its been 5 days since the swelling happened.. also
    the swelling and pain wasnt localized at the needle spot it, and the other arm that was not shot in had pain a bit of swelling and redness to but thats all cleared up

ps. the doctor was told that i shot b-12, i didnt meantion anythin about gear.. thats what i mean to say.. my bad
    Last edited by thrillam; 05-07-2008 at 10:28 AM.

guyfromvegas is offline New Member
    I also got bad swelling last week in my buttock and it has now spread half way down to my knee. Swollen, warm to the touch, a little numb and red. Ice does help the swelling. I went to the doc and he says I have a skin infection and gave my antibiotics for the next 10 days. My other injection sites have been fine. Not sure what happened in this area though.

cam89 is offline Junior Member
    show some freaking pics please

str8street247 is offline Junior Member
    there is no reason to be afraid of telling the doctor you shot aas they cant do anything except lecture you i had a similiar situation earlier this week best thing to do is be honest they gave me antibiotics and my thigh is back to normal now

BTK
    BTK is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by str8street247 View Post
    there is no reason to be afraid of telling the doctor you shot aas they cant do anything except lecture you i had a similiar situation earlier this week best thing to do is be honest they gave me antibiotics and my thigh is back to normal now
    Yea but if you switch docs all the info he wries down on your sheet goes to teh insurance company. It can bite ya in the ass eventually.

ArronS is offline New Member
    You have been warned *admin*

i no my balls still hang to my knees and i guess your write i asked my doc nicely to not write any of it down and i dont have any reason to believe he didnt but if he did ill roid rage his ass good if i get the chance

right*
    long night

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JMAN81 View Post
    I Shot 1cc Of Test Cyp Into My Delt On Fri. My Shoulder Started Off Really Sore. Now Not Only Has My Shoulder Become Swollen, It Moved To My Bicep,and Is Traveling Down Around My Elbow And Into My Forearm?? What Is Happening? Do I Have An Infection? What Should I Tell The Doc?
    I could understand your shoulder swelling up a bit but if its moving as far as your forearm i would be worried. Go back an appt with the doc asap.

PingPang is offline Associate Member
    same thing happened to me....test 400...first shot into virgin muscle (deltoid) i got test flu the day after the injection and redness and swelling for about a week...it all cleared up after about a week then as soon as the redness went away a bruise formed but everything cleared up ... oh yea my redness went to the elbow as well. i think it was an inflammatory response to the BA

k well the right arm that was swollen and totally messed up is back to normal now.. there are no more problems with that arm.. so i shot into the other shoulder.. and the same shit happened pretty much..

the shoulder was swollen where i shot and the bicep got all inflammed and the skin around it warm and itchy..
    feels like im allergic to it or something.. there is no more pain the pain was normal.. lasted me a couple of days and the pain was only on the spot that i injected..

what can i do cuz like i stated previously the first few shots were nothing like this.. but the last couple have done this weird shit.. anyone know why??

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    I just took my first shot in the delt of Cyp last night. I have been on two weeks and just hitting the glutes. Their was some inital soreness and it went down my bicep a bit, but it feels fine now. Hows your gear? I usually get a little soreness from my shots, but nothing like you speak of. Completely tolerable. What size pin are you using for your delts also? Keep me posted bro

oh its not like the pain is insane man.. the pain like its always gonna be.. but nothin that to bad at all.. the only thing is that recently they been getting like i said a bit swollen and the skin gets itchy it.. end up goin away after a few days... but whats the reason this happens?? and how can it be prevented??

its 25 guage.. what are u using?

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    I always find 25 gauge to be a little small. I use the 23 to 22 gauge. Inch long for the delts and quads and 1 1/2 for the glutes. I have used the inch before for my glutes though. I have a nurse who give me my shots and she said an inch is fine.

oh haha nice nice.. i think im done with this blend shit my virgin muscles are reactin to the ****en tren and shit so im not gonna go on with this anymore.. im gonna think of some other shit..

but im not sure what to take.. any suggestions for a first actual inject cycle..
    i wanna bulk a bit but have a clean lean look...

Thread Information