Andro9 is offline Member

Putting mass on while on cycle

I have done research for the past few days and i cannot get a soild answer. While on cycle is it ok to work out each body part 2x a week, considering i get 7-9hrs of sleep every night and have an excellent diet and my job hardly requires any physical labour. ALSO i have always done low reps(6-10,12 at most) with as much weight as possible for hypertrophy. would that be the best thing for HYPERTROPHY. I usually start with as muich weight as i can lift so i can do about 10-12 reps, but i do not lower the weight each set i just keep doing as many reps as i can till i get down to about 2 to 4 reps. i have never questioned my routine because i have had good results. Is this wrong or could it be better? I just want to know the best rep range for muscle hypertrophy and if its safe to work body parts 2x a week while on cycle without overtraining
    Last edited by Andro9; 04-24-2008 at 01:08 PM.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    should probably post this in the diet or workout forum..i only work each body part once a week regardless of on or off cycle..you need to vary your workout up..youre muscle grow when youre NOT in the gym..sure AAS will speed up recovery but Ive found that is what works best for me..you have to figure out what works best for your body

Andro9 is offline Member
    i know but ive seen a post where one of the mods said that they workoutsame body parts 2x a week(legobricks) while on cycle and a couple others just wanted some input
    Last edited by Andro9; 04-24-2008 at 01:20 PM.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    lego is 22 and im 32..everybodys body is different..once a week is more than enough for me..plus lego is a cheesehead!! lol

OnT
    OnT is offline Associate Member
    I recover pretty well on cycle so I can hit the same muscles twice a week but I choose not to. I'm not in a hurry or competing so its a non-issue for me.

graeme87 is offline Member
    Try hitting each muscle once every 5 days if you don't want to stick with once a week and see how that goes for you, listen to your body.

Andro9 is offline Member
    thanks for the replies guys. what about the reps for mass. im looking for the optimal reps for hypertrophy

graeme87 is offline Member
    I don’t want to sound like an arsehole but this should be in the exercise section.

Secondly, if you need to ask about reps etc I doubt you are ready to use gear.

Either way have a look at this site: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/

Andro9 is offline Member
    what? did you even read my orginal post..i was wondering others experiences with low/high reps and hypertrophy and their exp with working out 2x a week
    Last edited by Andro9; 04-24-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Andro9 is offline Member
    and i am running 100mg ed of test prop... please read before you post useless shit

Thread Information