maxiderm is offline Junior Member

couldnt wait, got too anxious and shot with an 18g pin

like the title says... after waiting for over a month to get the goods (i thought customs got ahold of it) i finally received my gear, only to realize i was out of 23g pins but i had quite a few extra 18g. i thought, well i can shoot with this now (test e, so only 2 shots a week) and then order some pins tomorrow so they will be here in a few days. it cant be THAT bad... as i was about to give it a try looking at the size of the needle freaked me out so i had 3 shots of vodka (yes no lie, im very needlephobic) and finally was able to do it.

my question is does anyone have experience pinning with this large of a guage? it didnt hurt that bad pinning and injecting, but damn my ass hurts today! is this normal? i barely feel any pain the next day from 23g, but this feels like a giant bruise (yes sore asscheek).. no visible bruise, just dull pain from the inside, like i was just punched really hard yesterday...

and please before you flame me, this is my second cycle and i am VERY aware that 18g is for drawing not injecting, but i was so anxious and giddy i just said "f*ck it, it cant be THAT bad..."

colts2407 is offline People say I scam... do I?
    damn bro you MUST have been anxious! lol.. but yeah im pretty sure that pain is normal...
    i have it with my 25g so yeah..
    your alright

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    yeah i shot with an 18g a couple of time. suck it up, you'll be alright. the soreness is probably because you just started your cycle and your body isnt used to the juice yet. if there is a farm supply store near you, you could go grab a couple of pins from them.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Like jammin a pencil in ya. Rana knows about that.

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    ouch

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    WOW that takes balls sir.

I stick with 25g. Little scar tissue and its so easy and painless

damn i should video tape the injection lol, its like bringing a little kid to the doctor (cringing, shaking, etc) shit was PAINFUL

ya i always thought infections start becoming noticable immediately (i dont know HOW immediately though, a couple hours, a day.. i dunno). im not too worried about infection i just never experienced one so i wouldnt really know the signs to look for... and this is a bruising type of pain, no swelling that i know of, just a small lump in the injection area (typical stuff) remember giving people charely horse when you were younger? feels just like that (exept on teh left asscheek lolz)
    Last edited by maxiderm; 04-25-2008 at 05:49 PM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by maxiderm View Post
    like the title says... after waiting for over a month to get the goods (i thought customs got ahold of it) i finally received my gear, only to realize i was out of 23g pins but i had quite a few extra 18g. i thought, well i can shoot with this now (test e, so only 2 shots a week) and then order some pins tomorrow so they will be here in a few days. it cant be THAT bad... as i was about to give it a try looking at the size of the needle freaked me out so i had 3 shots of vodka (yes no lie, im very needlephobic) and finally was able to do it.

my question is does anyone have experience pinning with this large of a guage? it didnt hurt that bad pinning and injecting, but damn my ass hurts today! is this normal? i barely feel any pain the next day from 23g, but this feels like a giant bruise (yes sore asscheek).. no visible bruise, just dull pain from the inside, like i was just punched really hard yesterday...

and please before you flame me, this is my second cycle and i am VERY aware that 18g is for drawing not injecting, but i was so anxious and giddy i just said "f*ck it, it cant be THAT bad..."

done that before.. you'll only do it once..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Andro9 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    done that before.. you'll only do it once..
    HAHAAA lmao

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    his story reminds me of when i went in for shoulder rehab, they told me they were going to give me a steroid injection of dromethazone to help the shoulder, then the PT pulls out a huge 14g needle and draws about 8mL into it

i almost fainted looking at that thing, but it turns out that she uses the syringe to get the steroid out, then squirts it onto a pad and uses it's negative properties and an electronic negative current to push the steroid into the muscle with no direct injection

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Ive done 18G several times. I even pushed a dull ass one into my delt. But do try to get some smaller ones.

_007 is offline Associate Member
    i use 21g with no probs, smooth plunge

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    i got a 16g IV last week cause my buddy wanted to see if he could do it.

tantan350 is offline Junior Member
    My leg starts shaking uncontrollably pre-shot, when I'm drawing the oil into the vial and sitting down...and I'm talking about a 25g x 1 in pin also...LOL, maybe I'm also slightly needlephobic...but then again, I don't go as far as the vodka shots.

Peace all...

Deen54 is offline Member
    21 1/2 is my favorite.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    biggest I've used is 22g, 18 must take a core sample of your ass. Overnight yourself some 25's.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member

I will never....I mean never.....be so anxious/desperate....to use an 18g

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    ballsy.

well since its bumped ill give you guys the rundown so far:

first shot (right glute) hurt a little pinning and stayed sore for 3 days after

second shot was in right quad. hurt a lot going in but was only sore the next day then was fine

after that i ordered some 23g pins from G P Z

third shot was yesterday in left quad and only stung a little and wasnt really sore at all after

in conclusion: 18g pins are ok to shoot with. recommended? definately not. but just to let people know that havent pinned with an 18g and are somehow stuck with 18g needles like i was, you CAN use them, and they are NOT that bad. definately hurts, but i hate pain and im deathly afraid of needles (had to take shots of liquor to pin the first 2 injects lol) but all im saying is that 18g can be used. the difference is only one thing, they pinch a little harder and you feel it pinch twice (once through the skin and once through the muscle) and its really not that bad if you just man up for a second and not think about the pain. injecting doesnt feel any different, just the initial couple seconds of pinning. i cant comment much on scar tissue but from what i can tell its not really an issue. im only saying this from looking at my inject areas from a week ago. just sayin, if you HAVE to use em, it aint really that bad (and i used the same needle to draw AND inject)
    Last edited by maxiderm; 05-02-2008 at 10:29 PM.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i wont even poke my vials with an 18g, lol. 21-22g to draw and 25g to inject.

mick86 is offline Member
    Jeez man u are either crazy or my hero. Iv got 19g for drawing out and they are like tooth pics. I can only imagine what the physiological barrier would be like to overcome using an 18g. Ive never used higher than 23g Tried using a 21g one night because I was out of 23g and 25g but I wussed out. I went to slowly and it just diddnt seem to want to go in. Im not the most proficient injector. If I was to try a 18g it would take more than a couple of shots of liquor I think......

SNUKA is offline Member
    i usually draw with a 20g and shoot with a 23 or 25. one time i forgot to switch pins it was like a harpoon in the quad. now i always double check

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    my entire first cycle was shot with an 18 gauge needle. i used to get those redi-jects sutstanons from mexico that came preloaded in a syringe with an 18g needle. of course it hurt a little but i didnt know any better until i used a 25g needle my next cycle.

BuffBuffalo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro75 View Post
    my entire first cycle was shot with an 18 gauge needle. i used to get those redi-jects sutstanons from mexico that came preloaded in a syringe with an 18g needle. of course it hurt a little but i didnt know any better until i used a 25g needle my next cycle.
    Oh my god!!!

Hell, I wont even draw with an 18g.

I dont want to be dodging little rubber stoppers when I'm drawing..

update for tonight:

im about to shoot into my left glute (or thigh since its less pain, we will see) tonight and it will hopefully be my last shot with an 18g. my 23g pins should be here in 2 or 3 days, so hopefully i can save myself the pain.

but hey, no pain no gainz. you only gotz one liver son!

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    done that back when i was stupid

my cousin and i were all gitty and these needles we bought looked like fvckin horse needles.

We were dumb as shit to say the least

nunziato is offline New Member
    yeahh i use 21g needles and i dont seem to have a problem. it was all the pharma had

18g tho.... good for you boss ahaha

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    LOL I shot with a 18g one time and all of it came shooting straight back outa my shoulder like a water cannon

jackdup04 is offline Associate Member
    done it b4..Ull be fine

RuhlFreak55 is online now Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    mother of god......that sounds hella painful...speaking of which i prolly need to order some more syringes soon

tantan350 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro75 View Post
    Ahhh, I miss those convenient Sustanon Redi-jects I got from Cancun...sooooo convenient to shoot in the bathroom at work. Had my pants down pretending I was taking a shit. Then I would leave the office and dispose of the pin in a public trash can outside.

Thread Information