Michael Scott is offline Associate Member

What's better, frontloading Test-E or kickstarting with D-bol ?

I plan on running a 12 week cycle of Test E (500mg a week) and I was wondering what would be better in terms of gains; frontloading the Test E for a couple weeks , or running it normally and just using D-bol at 40mg ED for 4 weeks. I'm kind of looking at it like this, I hear when people frontload test it kicks in a lot sooner and the gains stop sooner too, like around 8 or 9 weeks so running it at 12 weeks would be useless (please correct me if I'm wrong). But if you use D-bol to kickstart for the first month you will get the D-bol gains minus all the water, and then you'll also make gains off the Test E for the next 8 weeks. So Test-E/D-bol kickstart seems to hypothetically yield more gains than just Test-E with frontloading. Or what about kickstarting plus front loading, or does that just become very redundant and pointless ?

anyways what do you think ?

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Bump it

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    i would just kickstart with the dbol .

frignugs is offline Associate Member
    Diffenetly the dbol in my experiences...

Chiefsman123 is offline New Member
    I'm a fan of kick starting with an oral like dbol or drol....for some reason I don't feel the same type of gains or benefits with front loading test. I would go with a kick start from dbol. Just my two cents though.....

Good luck bro!

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    +3 for dbol

Both kick start and frontload

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian meat View Post
    Both kick start and frontload
    That's a pretty irresponsible suggestion.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dedic8ed1 View Post
    bump to that

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh sorry kick start with dbol

First if you were to front load it wouldn't be for a couple weeks it would be 2 shots in the first week double the main stay dose you would use during your cycle.I've done alot of research on front loading and the consensuss I gathered is that it's better to run a long ester more weeks then to over load your receptor sites trying to get your plasma levels up sooner.Just imagine your pouring liquid into a glass slowly by not front loading,and by front loading your pouring liquid into a glass quickly and spilling liquid over the sides by rushing the process.

I myself stay away from D-bol due to it's harsh effect on the kidneys,if I were to kick start a long ester I would use a mild dose of Anavar for 5 weeks then drop it and let the Enth work it's Magic, in the last 8 weeks start it again at a higher dose of no less then 70mgs permitting you have the cycle experience.
    Last edited by dedic8ed1; 04-27-2008 at 07:40 PM.

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    I say kickstart with dbols. Also I have heard of people kickstarting with test prop since it is active quicker.

The only thing I don't like about D-bol is that I hear the bloat is very bad. So I would run armidex at .25mg ED or Eod but then I hear things about AI's hindering your gains and then some people say that an AI at low dose like .25mg won't affect your gains, so it gets confusing.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    dbol can cause bad bloating but most of the time it's not that bad if only run for 4 weeks, though when people do stupid dbol only cycles that last 6-8 weeks they look like balloons

running adex at .25mg eod to reduce water retention won't hinder your gains enough for you to notice, if at all, it's when people run things like letro throughout there cycle that it becomes a big problem because letro will shut down almost all the estrogen they have while arimidex won't

to help with that water retention you can take the dbol every 4-6 hours during the day, this will keep blood levels very stable and lessen the sides, also lower your sodium as much as possible as sodium will cause water retention as well. contratry to logic, drinking lots of water will help with water retention if you take in too much sodium because the extra water will flush out the sodium

btw, you can always use a sauna to help with water retention as well
    Last edited by Phate; 04-27-2008 at 10:36 PM.

Outta Kontrol is offline Associate Member
    It would have to depend on your goals really. I mean D bol will put on some "mass" quick and you will get stronger quicker but if you are not trying to bulk then stay away from the d bol. If this is you first cycle then just stick with Test E at 500 mgs a week for 12 weeks. You'll be good with that alone I say. As for frontloading it has its purpose and I like to do it. Helps to get the AAS in your system at a consistant level faster thats all... Very different from Kickstarting... Getting the benefits of a shorter estered AAS until the longer estered one kick in... so technically like dedi8ed1 said you can go with both methods... its not irresponsible.

Outta Kontrol is offline Associate Member
    I say dont be concerned with the bloat from 4 weeks of d bol. first of all its not like you are gonna be looking like a ripe tomatoe. Unless you are prepping for a competintion then actually the water will do your joins and muscles some good... especially during those first couple weeks as you increase the intesity of your workouts... then afterwards you have 8 weeks to get rid of it and shed the water. People seem to forget that Test E aromatises too so the H2O retention is nothing to be stressing over. I say save the letro adex and all the other protection for your PCT.... you do have PCT right?

whiskey15 is offline Associate Member
    dbol ftw, 6 weeks max, make sure you take liver protectant supps.

Unless you are patient and just wait the 6 weeks or so for the test e to kick in. Then you dont have to worry about the extra bloating and losing all of your dbol gains.

MasterShake is offline Member
    I have tried all three (including the "both") and found tha the dbol works great, and the frontloading of the long ester does not really give me any advantage, as my gains never really happen untill around four weeks in on a long ester no matter how much I take in week one or two. So save the extra test for the end of the cycle, and kick it off with 4 weeks of dbol.

flex25j is offline Junior Member
    iam currently in week two of the same cycle iam taking dbol 40 mg a day and i also frontloaded test e along with deca the first week. ive gained about 12lbs so for wich is mostly water due to the d bol i cant really tell if the test and deca has kicked in yet. so i dont think it really it matters on froatloading the only reason i did it is because they say test and deca does not kick in fully until weeks 5-7 so since i was running dbol for only 4 weeks i didnt not want to go through a period that i would have an in balance when coming off d bol and waiting for the test to kick in.

How do you get that?I have front loaded several times and kick starded cycles with drol/dbol too many times to count I find since the long ester dosent activate untill about week 3 when frontloaded,I use orals up untill or shortly after that time.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Neither because frontloading dont do shit for me n dbol blows IMO. Get sum drol, its better all around

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Kicker...I did mine a bit ago. Don't worry about bloating on 40mg ed for 4 weeks.

So I guess I'll just kickstart with 40mg D-bol ED along with .25mg adex ED

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    use the adex .25mg eod ONLY if you start getting water retention, you need some estrogen in your system to make gains

How do you get that?I have front loaded several times and kick starded cycles with drol/dbol too many times to count I find since the long ester dosent activate untill about week 3 when frontloaded,I use orals up untill or shortly after that time.
    I keep forgetting people just don't care about the level of gear they put in there body all at once.Not being a smart ass either bud I just feel you shouldn't use so much at once.

I keep forgetting people just don't care about the level of gear they put in there body all at once.Not being a smart ass either bud I just feel you shouldn't use so much at once.
    (edited)
    LOL forget it

MasterShake is offline Member
    I see what you mean, but I think a valid kickstart can be done any one of those three ways, and according to which method you choose, if done properly you can responsibly get a better cycle by starting to see gains sooner. It's all according to how your body reacts. But remember, I'm not talking about extreme IBBF dosages, I am talking average doses for an average cycle.

Ok its bugging me a little
    So let me get this straight frontload 500mg x2 first week and say 25mg of dbol ed not good but 500mg x2 first week plus 400mg EQ first week good
    Im not trying to start a argument here just trying to understand were your comming from.

Risk in front loading 750 x2 in first week as apposed to 500x2?

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    on my current cycle i frontloaded 1 gram of test the first week and it worked great. strength and water retention up a little by the end of the first week.

Ok its bugging me a little
    So let me get this straight frontload 500mg x2 first week and say 25mg of dbol ed not good but 500mg x2 first week plus 400mg EQ first week good
    Im not trying to start a argument here just trying to understand were your comming from.

Risk in front loading 750 x2 in first week as apposed to 500x2?
    Yeah I was trying to figure out if front loading was worth it then TBD inclined me to just stretch the cycle out rather then front load .As for that other dude with his ridicoulous doses I thought his claims were from someone pretty careless.I just don't beleive in using that much gear.

I've always wondered why people use D-bol as a kickstart and not some legal steroid like Superdrol, Epistane, Pheraplex, etc

midnight777 is offline Associate Member
    wasn't planning on doing dbol this cycle. but i got it pretty cheap with my test e
    was planning on running test e @ 250 twice per week for 10 weeks and running dbol the 1st week @ 30mg, 2nd week @35 mg, 3rd week @ 40 mg and 4thweek @ 40mg and that is all for dbol... would it matter to do 500mg of test twice the 1st week or run it for 12 weeks instead...
    Last edited by midnight777; 05-01-2008 at 06:31 PM.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight777 View Post
    wasn't planning on doing dbol this cycle. but i got it pretty cheap with my test e
    was planning on running test e @ 250 twice per week for 10 weeks and running dbol the 1st week @ 30mg, 2nd week @35 mg, 3rd week @ 40 mg and 4thweek @ 40mg and that is all for dbol... would it matter to do 500mg of test twice the 1st week or run it for 12 weeks instead...
    Stats? I would go with a 12 week cycle, no need in front loading considering that you are going to do a kicker!
    As for the kicker, IMO it on your stats.

I'm having trouble getting some D-bol, what are your thoughts on kick starting with test prop. This is my first cycle and I hear it's not good to do daily injections when you're first starting out, but I don't have another choice.

Thread Information